Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    well, Visible's hotspot is limited:

It's just a different kind of limited compared to Cricket:

Pick your poison. Me, I prefer Cricket and tethering at the fastest speed the carrier will allow for, for as many people as I want to connect to the hotspot, with a hard slowdown at the 15GB (or whatever) limit.

But then you have to compare the prices. Cricket: 4 lines for $130/mo. Visible: $100/month. Pick your poison.

And then there's Cricket's family pay vs Visible's party pay. Pick your poison.

It's hard for me to get past "Visible is Verizon; they'll figure a way to screw it up". My family has 3 Cricket More lines for $110; I would probably move them to 3 Visible lines for $90, except Visible is still stuck on "must have VZW compatible phone" except for the very few other phones they support today (I don't do iPhones).

And a VZW compatible phone, as opposed to unlocked and away from VZW control, is a deal breaker for me.

I guess I'm waiting for the phone selection to be greater/more flexible, plus getting a better vibe that they aren't doing business the old-school VZW way.
    From what I'm reading, the Android compatablity issue is worse than what you wrote. It's only Android phones sold by visible that are compatible with visible--huh? --so says a you tube video. I'd sign up tomorrow and move one of my theoretically compatable g7's. Again according to the video, can only get some of talk, text, data to work.

If cricket/Att would restore the recently downgraded signal at my house, I wouldn't even be looking at Verizon/visible as a possible main carrier.

This gets down to which if the best carrier. The answer of course is the carrier that works best for the user.

Feedback Score
    On my 4th month with the 25 gb At&t Prepaid Plan. I really don't notice much of a difference from Cricket besides calls connecting a little quicker. Free Hotspot is also cool and I do use it while traveling. I wouldn't have any problem jumping back to Cricket if they could even come close to this single line plan.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

Cricket needs to step their game up

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    But Visible hotspot is not limited... at least not for the two months I used it. Full speeds, same as phone on the R2 and an iPhone 6.

This person experienced the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWRe6kExQKs
    In July they said they were speed capping the hotspot feature but here we are in mid November and it’s still not capped. I do want to point out Androids only have a 1 connected device limit but iOS still has the same limit (5) as every other carrier since the limit is built within iOS and can’t be changed by any carrier. I do like the limit so people don’t use it for home Wi-Fi and ruin it for those that actually use it for what it’s intended to be used for. I’m very happy with my service so far. Especially now at $25/mo. Best deal in the market right now, by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    clarify for me here.

Androids aren't by definition limited to one tether; my service allows me to serve many connections via my phone.

But Visible says, "we're going to limit you to 1". That's on Visible, not Android software or the Android phone maker.

Why would iOS be any different? Sure, Apple puts a limitation of 5; is Visible absconding its responsibility to put its own "limit 1" on iOS users simply because Apple has a limitation? Or does Apple prevent a service like Visible from providing a limit? THAT doesn't make sense; Visible can do all sorts of things on the server end...

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    clarify for me here.

Androids aren't by definition limited to one tether; my service allows me to serve many connections via my phone.

But Visible says, "we're going to limit you to 1". That's on Visible, not Android software or the Android phone maker.

Why would iOS be any different? Sure, Apple puts a limitation of 5; is Visible absconding its responsibility to put its own "limit 1" on iOS users simply because Apple has a limitation? Or does Apple prevent a service like Visible from providing a limit? THAT doesn't make sense; Visible can do all sorts of things on the server end...
    My guess is Androids that come directly from Visible are ones that enforces the limit. I’m not sure how they enforce it but I don’t own an Android to test it out. As far as iOS goes, Apple themselves put a 5 connected device limit that carriers can not touch or change. So Visible says we’re only allowing you to connect one device but Apple says no, screw you, we’re giving the customer a 5 connected device limit.

I tested it out and indeed can connect more than one device at a time. With Android, I’m assuming they are able to have control of certain Android native hotspot settings. Not sure how that works but would like to hear feedback from someone who uses an Android with Visible.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    My guess is Androids that come directly from Visible are ones that enforces the limit. I’m not sure how they enforce it but I don’t own an Android to test it out. As far as iOS goes, Apple themselves put a 5 connected device limit that carriers can not touch or change. So Visible says we’re only allowing you to connect one device but Apple says no, screw you, we’re giving the customer a 5 connected device limit.

I tested it out and indeed can connect more than one device at a time. With Android, I’m assuming they are able to have control of certain Android native hotspot settings. Not sure how that works but would like to hear feedback from someone who uses an Android with Visible.

Couldn't you run the Android through a router?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    My guess is Androids that come directly from Visible are ones that enforces the limit.
    That would make sense, and fall right in line with the "we're VZW, you will use our locked down phones or else" attitude.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Couldn't you run the Android through a router?
    Yes. Just get a cheap router that supports a "WISP" connection and you can have as many as you want sharing the hotspot. I've done it with the Visible R2.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Yes. Just get a cheap router that supports a "WISP" connection and you can have as many as you want sharing the hotspot. I've done it with the Visible R2.
    Can you tell me the router you are doing this with? Would love to know. Assuming it would allow an iPnone to connect more than 5 also? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Can you tell me the router you are doing this with? Would love to know. Assuming it would allow an iPnone to connect more than 5 also? Thank you.
    https://www.amazon.com/Tenda-N300-Wi.../dp/B00D3GO8R4

It's actually listed cheaper here, with the wrong picture: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0167N0B70

This one works fine. I picked it up from Microcenter locally for $12.99 and can connect as many as the router supports.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Precluding their chat cs thing and limited acceptance of non visible handsets, it's great.

The only answer to poor coverage is to change carriers.

I never thought I'd leave cricket, but we've already moved to lines. Reasons are decreased coverage for months. Bonuses are much faster dl speeds free hotspot.
    Last edited by plane; Yesterday at 09:50 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3