Thread: visible coverage ditto as verizon postpaid?

Feedback Score

visible coverage ditto as verizon postpaid?

is visible's coverage exacty the same as Verizon postpaid

Feedback Score
    No.

10char
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score

visible coverage ditto as verizon postpaid?

To elaborate while hotspot is unlimited it is capped at 5 Mbps down. Also, phone data is 5-12 Mbps down.

There are several threads on Howard Forums and Reddit that state normal Verizon Roaming areas are not working for Visible customers. I wouldn’t expect prepaid to roam based on the low prices, but some other Verizon MVNO’s do allow roaming.

Seems like MVNO’s are always like you can only have 3 out of 4 thing Post-Paid has in exchange for lower cost. They either throttle the data, or cap the data, or force you to use WiFi or make you buy a year of service at a time or don’t give you domestic roaming or make you bring your own phone...etc...etc...

I don’t have visible but maybe someone who does can chime in.

Feedback Score
    Visable is the 4G LTE network only. There is no access to Verizon’s 3G or 1X networks, or extended network/partner coverage. You can be de-prioritized at any time for congestion.
    It supports iPhones 6+, and a few Android phones. Not all functions ie:WiFi calling are available on all phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    To elaborate while hotspot is unlimited it is capped at 5 Mbps down. Also, phone data is 5-12 Mbps down.

There are several threads on Howard Forums and Reddit that state normal Verizon Roaming areas are not working for Visible customers. I wouldn’t expect prepaid to roam based on the low prices, but some other Verizon MVNO’s do allow roaming.

Seems like MVNO’s are always like you can only have 3 out of 4 thing Post-Paid has in exchange for lower cost. They either throttle the data, or cap the data, or force you to use WiFi or make you buy a year of service at a time or don’t give you domestic roaming or make you bring your own phone...etc...etc...

For now, hotspot data is full speed. Also, phone data is full speed so can be way faster than 12 Mbps. Fastest I have received is just under 100 Mbps. Pings are a little higher though. I see 80-120ms.

For $40, it’s a great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Hotspot is limited to 5 mbps

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Verizon prepaid has *most* of Verizon's postpaid extended and roaming coverage. Visible has none. Verizon prepaid's coverage map actually shows MORE coverage than postpaid in a couple of locations, which I'm assuming are mistakes in Verizon's mapping system, so who knows what it really has coverage wise.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    I guess you have to ask yourself how often are you actually out of 4G/LTE coverage areas now. If not much, then Visible will work fine. If you find yourself in Verizon roaming areas frequently, then probably not. I could care less what the download speed is as long as it works. For normal stuff, Visible works fine. If you want to stream, download, talk and play games on the phone constantly, then Visible might not be your best choice for an internet provider.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    I guess you have to ask yourself how often are you actually out of 4G/LTE coverage areas now. If not much, then Visible will work fine.
    Then you go somewhere and have no service. That sucks. And it's not just 4G/LTE, as LTEiRA *IS* LTE and *IS* like-native, except for Visible apparently.

Feedback Score
    Look at the Visible forum on Reddit. Visible has many problems and issues. Customer Support is vertually non existent? Very few phones care supported.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post

What Verizon MVNO's have roaming?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deoro View Post
    i think that most of them have roaming, at least into LTEiRA areas. CDMA roaming has generally been much more limited to MVNOs that carried it. And even on Verizon Prepaid, it used to cost extra per minute for use.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deoro View Post
    i think BOOM mobile red (Verizon) still has roaming - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...s-the-coverage

Feedback Score
    There is no throttling on Visible phone data service (nor hotspot right now, but at some point hotspot will be limited to 5 mbps per Visible's T&C.) For unlimited/unthrottled phone data and unlimited hotspot at 5 mbps $40/month (all in, no additional fees and taxes) is a very good deal. It is true that device support is limited and CS is abysmal, but if you are willing to deal with these issues then you won't find unlimited Verizon service at anywhere near that price anywhere else.

In the short time I've been on Visible I've had no problems (with the network at least, CS is another story), speed seems to be the same as my postpaid VZ phone and service has been reliable. In terms of domestic roaming coverage the official word is no, but the only way to know for sure will be when more people have a chance to test. I wouldn't trust what coverage maps or CS has to say, you'll have the same odds at a correct answer by just flipping a coin. Hopefully we can get some user reports in before too long.