Thread: iPhone help please

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

iPhone help please

Hello! We currently have 3 iPhones on TF and have been very happy with the service. My son has a 6s that was originally on Verizon. My husband has a 5s that was on ATT. Son wants a XR. So our questions are: will his sim work in a new phone? Is there a model we need or are they all the same now? Will my husband’s sim work in my son’s 6s?
    Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zoemurr View Post
    Hello! We currently have 3 iPhones on TF and have been very happy with the service. My son has a 6s that was originally on Verizon. My husband has a 5s that was on ATT. Son wants a XR. So our questions are: will his sim work in a new phone? Is there a model we need or are they all the same now? Will my husband’s sim work in my son’s 6s?
    Thanks!
    Yes.

No, as long as the ESN is clean. Yes.

Yes.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My son has a 6s that was originally on Verizon. My husband has a 5s that was on ATT. Son wants a XR. So our questions are: will his sim work in a new phone? Is there a model we need or are they all the same now? Will my husband’s sim work in my son’s 6s?
    Thanks!
    If the 6s account is not currently provisioned for VoLTE on TF/Verizon, it would be better to do a service transfer rather than a SIM swap to another phone. It takes an activation to get VoLTE provisioned. Activations done prior to about this time last year did not get VoLTE. This is only an issue with Verizon service because of the CDMA shutdown end of this year.

The 5s SIM should work in a 6s in TF/AT&T service. AT&T has not even released VoLTE to MVNO providers.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If the 6s account is not currently provisioned for VoLTE on TF/Verizon, it would be better to do a service transfer rather than a SIM swap to another phone. It takes an activation to get VoLTE provisioned. Activations done prior to about this time last year did not get VoLTE. This is only an issue with Verizon service because of the CDMA shutdown end of this year.

The 5s SIM should work in a 6s in TF/AT&T service. AT&T has not even released VoLTE to MVNO providers.
    Thank you. Unfortunately we don’t understand.. do you disagree with the above answer? My son’s phone does have LTE is that what you mean?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you. Unfortunately we don’t understand.. do you disagree with the above answer? My son’s phone does have LTE is that what you mean?
    VoLTE, not just LTE. What you asked and I answered will work. But loboheeler is saying to ensure that VoLTE is enabled, it might be better to do an official transfer of service from the old SIM to a new SIM, using the IMEI of the new phone.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you. Unfortunately we don’t understand..
    We explained why, but if you don't understand the terminology/technology just do this.

Then get a new SIM kit for $1.
    Properly transfer your son's line to the new XR and new SIM.

If spouse is staying with AT&T, just swap his SIM to the 6s.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you. Unfortunately we don’t understand..
    Sorry about any confusion. VoLTE on Verizon has been discussed here for over a year, and has often been frustrating. A lot of older phones have been found to not be VoLTE capable, and have to be replaced by the end of this year. It's not just a Tracfone problem.

You might look at this simple check to determine if it is functioning on an iPhone.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203124
    Last edited by loboheeler; 07-23-2019 at 09:51 PM.