Thread: Verizon made adjustments, neighborhood lost usable service

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score

Verizon made adjustments, neighborhood lost usable service

About 2mos ago, my sister started complaining about dropping calls around her house (service was even fine INSIDE before this happened)

This coincides with about the time they started installing 5G here, so i said maybe they're doing adjustments to the macrosites to make up for the small cells they're installing, well 2mos later the issues are still occuring.

I called Verizon on Thursday to put a NRB ticket in, and they just replied with this bs video telling me to enable HD calling, use WiFi calling, and get a Network Extender.. but none of this fixes the fact that her neighborhood is only B13 with barely usable RSSP/RSSI and lost access to Band 2/5/4.

What the hell is going on with their engineering team? Now i'm going to have to swap her to the T-Mobile account (which, they're doing 3rd line free anyway - and we have two lines there) but this is just an unacceptable for them to just say "oh well, we degraded service here" when it's been fine over there since it had been AirTouch.

I know it's more of a rant, but I'm not liking the service i've been getting even traveling around for work. It's been regularly congested (not always, and i'm usually under my 22GB depri point), more dropped calls than I've ever had on Verizon due to VoLTE, and now this entire neighborhood losing service.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    While you're complaining here and at DSLReports why no head over to reddit and chime in there too? If you go to enough sites maybe someone will have an answer
    Last edited by veriztd; 07-22-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    While you're complaining here and at DSLReports why no head over to reddit and chime in there too? If you go to enough sites maybe someone will have an answer
    Meh it's fun to just troll here

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Verizon seems to have gone down in many areas lately. I know in my area there is a noticable speed and reliability issue for sure. May take T-Mo for a spin since they are matching the discounts I get on Verizon.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had a similar issue many years ago in a previous location where I ended up "between the faces" of the local cell site as described by an older member The Roc who worked for Verizon at the time. This resulted in degraded service and random dropped calls. I called Verizon about it and they agreed to let me out of my contract without an ETF.
    Last edited by frail; 07-23-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like the AT&T forum. Same complaints their.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Verizon seems to have gone down in many areas lately. I know in my area there is a noticable speed and reliability issue for sure. May take T-Mo for a spin since they are matching the discounts I get on Verizon.
    Verizon coverage in Pittsburgh has stayed very solid. The only negative with them has been congestion. It never hurts to give another carrier a spin. T-Mobile has very good coverage as well except for where I live that why I avoided them but I did try them out to be fair.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I agree that is unacceptable. It's also pretty uncommon, VZW really has NOT made it a habit to wreck service somewhere it was previously working. Around here the network is quite busy (college town and all that), and even in the middle of 3G and 4G upgrades service didn't degrade. I don't know if they worked on sites at night or what... Hopefully (despite the reps response of "just get a network extender") they actually WILL work that trouble ticket and get things fixed for their neighborhood.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I agree that is unacceptable. It's also pretty uncommon, VZW really has NOT made it a habit to wreck service somewhere it was previously working. Around here the network is quite busy (college town and all that), and even in the middle of 3G and 4G upgrades service didn't degrade. I don't know if they worked on sites at night or what... Hopefully (despite the reps response of "just get a network extender") they actually WILL work that trouble ticket and get things fixed for their neighborhood.
    Well, that "video" i got back https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...rn-resolution/ is the reply to the NRB ticket, once it was closed.

I'm going to give it a month or so (I got her a Network Extender for the house as a "loaner" to try for a bit) but if this does not improve in a month or two i'll move her to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Verizon made adjustments, neighborhood lost usable service

Seems like they really should have split cells on that site versus whatever they actually did. Both carriers rely on lowband a bit too much in some suburbs and Delaware, which sounds like the situation in your sister’s area.

VoLTE only will be a disaster for Verizon in philly. Even with better density, it’s not going to work everywhere. Luckily for me, AT&T 4G goes really far, so voice is quite good even in rural parts of PA and DE.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Which, i find odd as where she lives is not suburban at all (literally right outside of the downtown core)

I'm assuming they'll fix it eventually, but to not even acknowledge the loss in service even on a US Route through there is baffling to me, but hey that's now above my paygrade since I no longer work for the cell company (and have not for quite some time)