Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone New Unlimited Smartphone Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Triple unlimited is still unlimited.
    Exactly! That would indicate a sense of humor... they missed an opportunity!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That seems like a huge conclusion to jump to based on 1 report with no attempt to contact TF.

In fact, https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans still indicates:
    Classic Service Plans
    Stay the course with a Classic Service Plan. Add one today to keep the reliable service you’ve come to expect.
    AND
    Basic Phone Plans
    The best option for talking, texting and light web browsing. Our Basic Plans let you choose your Minutes and Service Days.

I'll jump to my own conclusion: TF Incompetence!
    More than likely the case of TF incompetence. Just found it strange as I received the same message minutes apart on both phones. Neither phone is on auto refill.

Just wanted to share in case others received the same text.

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Does Tracfone really need 18 plans, plus their eBay offerings, QVC, HSN, add-ons, Amazon I think? I never shop Amazon, not really sure what's there. Maybe other outlets also.

Sure, it's easy for us to formulate a purchase plan because we've already vetted the menu.

But newcomers or someone looking to refill an HSN deal will not have an easy time knowing what the best deals are.
    Yep, figuring out the best deal for TF service is far too complicated for the average person. This Unlimited plan is a lot more far reaching than Smartphone plans were, and I remember how much misunderstanding there was then. I never could explain Tracfone to those on traditional monthly plans, even when it was far less complex. Things like buckets, TMFL, service time, etc. would make their eyes glaze over.

Hope TF is monitoring these discussions that have many important questions.

Feedback Score
    I also think the average Tracfone customer appreciates the HSN/QVC approach where you get a bundle for a certain price, it just works for a year, and then the experience helps you make decisions in the future. Kind of a fast start.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I also think the average Tracfone customer appreciates the HSN/QVC approach where you get a bundle for a certain price, it just works for a year, and then the experience helps you make decisions in the future. Kind of a fast start.
    Many use the bundle deals ongoing. Good discounts, a new phone every year, and avoiding the confusion of figuring out the TF system.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Exactly! That would indicate a sense of humor... they missed an opportunity!
    The average TF customer doesn't ...

Feedback Score
    The average TF customer doesn't ...
    Because the average person can't figure out TF?

Thank God we're not the average person, eh?

Oh, wait. That would mean I have a small (extremely small) bit of a sense of humor. Then, why am I using TF?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Because the average person can't figure out TF?

Thank God we're not the average person, eh?
    I never thought I was above average. Then i started reading online reviews, forums, etc. I realized where the average was.

If they didn't say it doesn't triple, people would complain.

Sense of humor is lost by most. They go looking fir things to be outraged and offended about instead. They'll even be offended for you in case you weren't.

Feedback Score
    They go looking for things to be outraged and offended about instead. They'll even be offended for you in case you weren't.
    ie. The Redskins logo?

And, yes, I understand about the triple thing. But, that may just be the 'fear of change' thing.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the Xfinity plan.. Unlimited T&T and chg for data, a litte more then XF charges though, but XF does not roll over..

Feedback Score
    I have my TF on the years service for 49.99 with a $15 30 day plan and that's all i need. I don't see how they could automatically switch anyone to the monthly unlimited plan unless they intend to do away with the other plans. If they do away with the other plans then what happens to the years service I've put on my phone? Do they let us keep our expiration dates but delete our minutes, replacing the balance with unlimited t&t? But that plan expires in 30 days. I don't need unlimited although unlimited data might be nice. That's the one thing the unlimited plan doesn't have.

If TF does away with the old plans and the years service offer, and switches to monthly unlimited t&t plans, I'll switch to something else. The unique value of TF is it's unusual paygo offerings.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Basically phone calls and texts (especially texts) are too inexpensive to worry about. At some point AT&T and Verizon will tell TF that they will stop counting minutes for TF because they don't count them for their own customers. Then, TF will have to move to a new model.

I stopped worrying about text and minute balances a while ago when I figured out that I have more than I will ever use.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I agree... choosing a plan has always been the draw to Tracfone for me and I expect, many other. If I understand this 'unlimited plan' we'll no longer have these options. I currently have three phones activated in my household at a total cost of less than ONE line would cost with this new option. Plus I have a unactivated phone in the wings with another year and 1200 minutes that I plan to activate with a transfer at some point. I really can't believe this will be made THE plan. TF would lose customers in droves.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I agree... choosing a plan has always been the draw to Tracfone for me and I expect, many other. If I understand this 'unlimited plan' we'll no longer have these options. I currently have three phones activated in my household at a total cost of less than ONE line would cost with this new option. Plus I have a unactivated phone in the wings with another year and 1200 minutes that I plan to activate with a transfer at some point. I really can't believe this will be made THE plan. TF would lose customers in droves.
    My sentiment as well. I suspect the new TF UL T&T + data plans will remain an addition to the Classic & Basic & Add-on options that now exist. To fundamentally change those would eviscerate TF's attractiveness & market niche.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I really can't believe this will be made THE plan. TF would lose customers in droves.
    You mean like when they went to smartphone only cards with data centric options?

But agree. Doubt it'll be the only option anytime soon. They just finally added minuted addons. What was the point if unlimited was in the works.

I think it's just a test-the-water experiment.
    I doubt it'll get much traction with TF's typical customer, especially with ST/NT/TW options for unlimited TnT.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast