Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone New Unlimited Smartphone Plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    My sentiment as well. I suspect the new TF UL T&T + data plans will remain an addition to the Classic & Basic & Add-on options that now exist. To fundamentally change those would eviscerate TF's attractiveness & market niche.
    If they are even thinking about doing away with regular cards, then the price of 1gb would go from $10 to $20 plus tax. A regular gb is just $10. But when added to a UL card, all of a sudden you're being charged all of these fees that you would not be charged if buying from any other place than TF.

And how is it that they charge a Public Safety Surcharge for a text card, but buying it anywhere else, you just pay sales tax?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone should just simplify their plans to a pure a-la-carte refills for PAYG along with these new monthly UT&T plans. Trying to offer so many combinations as they do today make it difficult to understand to those not used to it.

Refills for various denominations of either texts, minutes (and days of service if you will) or data, and let people decide the best combination suited for them.

Like a grocery store offering milk, eggs and bread. I just want this week 1 gallon of milk, two loafs of bread and a dozen eggs. Next week I will get only 1Qt of milk, half a dozen of eggs and no bread..etc. Simple for everyone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    I agree... choosing a plan has always been the draw to Tracfone for me and I expect, many other. If I understand this 'unlimited plan' we'll no longer have these options.
    Curious if the $49.99 1 year service add-on can be purchased along with an Unlimited plan. I can't try this because it's not available for a BYOP phone. Already tried to add a data card to an Unlimited plan, and the purchase system will not allow it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Doubt it'll be the only option anytime soon. They just finally added minuted addons. What was the point if unlimited was in the works.

I think it's just a test-the-water experiment.
    Typical "shotgun" marketing. Put enough stuff in enough places and somebody will buy it. Unlimited could draw in some new customers if they promote it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Curious if the $49.99 1 year service add-on can be purchased along with an Unlimited plan. I can't try this because it's not available for a BYOP phone. Already tried to add a data card to an Unlimited plan, and the purchase system will not allow it.
    Maybe add data, then UL plan in 2 transactions?
    The 1 year service is for $50 is another matter (apparently not an option for BYOP anymore ) - I would just purchase the eBay $50 1200x3, 3GB plan instead

Feedback Score
    The 1 year service is for $50 is another matter (apparently not an option for BYOP anymore ) - I would just purchase the eBay $50 1200x3, 3GB plan instead
    Assuming that they continue to offer that option on eBay. My guess is that it will go away after whatever experiment they are running is over.

Feedback Score
    Yes, looks like it does take 2 separate purchases to get an add-on. The only thing offered with a UL purchase is the ILD card.

Wish someone with a TF branded phone would put the Unlimited plan in the cart and see what else is offered at checkout

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited could draw in some new customers if they promote it.
    Maybe the 1GB. But lots of cheaper options for 2+ GB.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Yes, looks like it does take 2 separate purchases to get an add-on. The only thing offered with a UL purchase is the ILD card.

Wish someone with a TF branded phone would put the Unlimited plan in the cart and see what else is offered at checkout
    I just tested using my wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 and got the same result, only the ILD card offered with the UL card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I just tested using my wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 and got the same result, only the ILD card offered with the UL card.
    Thanks for checking! Guess they think you don't need anything else, as the basics are included with the UL plan.

Would be interesting to see if you can add data to a new phone that only has the UL plan installed. And what the balance looks like online, phone app, 611611, *777*1#? Would there only show a data bucket? My Safelink phone is that way, as it has unlimited T&T.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    If they are even thinking about doing away with regular cards, then the price of 1gb would go from $10 to $20 plus tax. A regular gb is just $10.
    I would like to see TF shake up the data market & lower the price of their 1 GB add on from $10 to $5 per GB. I think that would generate a lot of people moving over to TF. It seems the lowest entry point for anyone who wants unlimited data without a multi month commitment is the Net10 unlimited $20 plan that has 1 GB high speed then unlimited 2G speeds. TF makes you keep adding cards with data once your data runs out. I can’t honestly believe that lowering data prices would be a money loser for TF. I’m sure America Movil gets wholesale data from the major carriers for far less than $5 per GB.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Did anyone else notice the new $10 add on before it was removed? I have 4 lines on my account. It only showed up on one and now it's gone. It was $10/Smartphone Only. 500min/1000txt/500mb for 60 days.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haasfamily View Post
    TF makes you keep adding cards with data once your data runs out.
    That's sort if the point. TF doesn't do throttled data. TW didn't until last week
    Several others don't either (at all or only some options)

I honestly don't have a use fir 2G throttled data.

I’m sure America Movil gets wholesale data from the major carriers for far less than $5 per GB.
    The sell 5GB for $10 through TotalWireless so yes, they get it for much less.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I honestly don't have a use fir 2G throttled data.
    2G data can be really slow like computer dial-up Internet is. Maybe some email or text messaging without attachments, or a little browsing on some mobile version sites. Remember what 56K dial-up was like?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Maybe some email or text messaging without attachments, or a little browsing on some mobile version sites. Remember what 56K dial-up was like?
    Never had 56k (really limited to 53.3k by FCC). Went straight from 33.6k to DSL. But I do remember 1200 and 2400 bps too. But even email was simpler back then (no HTML, images, etc). And websites were much simpler/smaller.

I fought with less than 100kbs connections a lot in Liberia. As I said, no use for it. I'll add data long before doing that.

SMS messages don't need data at all.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast