Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile deploys LTE to 60k Sq miles of Gulf of Mexico

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Please keep this thread on track with the title "T-Mobile deploys LTE to 60k Sq miles of Gulf of Mexico". This thread has nothing to do with rural coverage. If you want to discuss that, find a more appropriate thread or start a new one instead.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    They don't seem to have bothered with (or gotten around to) installing any coverage on offshore platforms east of the river.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Last few Days the Tower on Green Canyon block 18 has been intermittent. Great LTE and then nothing for about 10-15 Seconds then signal comes back. Very Frustrating. There must be some interference or something. Maybe Rignet is doing upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile needs to add LTE Band 71 in Port Fourchon, La. The Sprint merger so far hasn’t helped signal there. Band 71 works great in Gulf of Mexico 86 miles out

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by captain1charlie View Post
    T-Mobile needs to add LTE Band 71 in Port Fourchon, La. The Sprint merger so far hasn’t helped signal there. Band 71 works great in Gulf of Mexico 86 miles out...
    They also need to improve their service at Venice. Their nearest tower is in Buras. It's like they have one group in charge of coverage on the rigs and another for the land and the two don't talk with each other. T-Mobile can be incredibly tone deaf at times.

P.S. If you use an Android phone, you should load and run the CellMapper app when in that area. T-Mobile has no public maps of coverage over water, so it's up to the customers to provide the maps.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    They also need to improve their service at Venice. Their nearest tower is in Buras. It's like they have one group in charge of coverage on the rigs and another for the land and the two don't talk with each other. T-Mobile can be incredibly tone deaf at times.

P.S. If you use an Android phone, you should load and run the CellMapper app when in that area. T-Mobile has no public maps of coverage over water, so it's up to the customers to provide the maps.
    Be patient excellent coverage is coming your way. T-Mobile continues to amaze me with there furious expansions.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Be patient excellent coverage is coming your way. T-Mobile continues to amaze me with there furious expansions.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    And we still cannot use our TMO phones at my workplace of 9000+

Good Job getting coverage to the Gulf of Mexico T-Mobile

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MEDIX1011 View Post
    And we still cannot use our TMO phones at my workplace of 9000+

Good Job getting coverage to the Gulf of Mexico T-Mobile
    More coverage is on the way just need to be patient. T-Mobile does not have a magic wand to build coverage instantly.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    More coverage is on the way just need to be patient. T-Mobile does not have a magic wand to build coverage instantly.
    Some of us have been complaining to T-Mobile for '4G LTE Verified' coverage that doesn't exist for .. 5 years. At least in August with their updated maps, some of this so-called coverage has been removed. This makes me wonder how it was ever 'verified' in the first place (drone, signal booster + antenna, yagi ?)
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Some of us have been complaining to T-Mobile for '4G LTE Verified' coverage that doesn't exist for .. 5 years. At least in August with their updated maps, some of this so-called coverage has been removed. This makes me wonder how it was ever 'verified' in the first place (drone, signal booster + antenna, yagi ?)
    I am willing to bet that the "coverage area" sometimes includes areas that they have an FCC license to provide coverage, even if they don't actually have towers/network equipment to allow their customers access on their own native network. Sometimes they rely on coverage partners which they have no control over. Just my $.02 worth.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 09-28-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Integration is just beginning and will take a bit of time but I believe T-Mobile will surpass the duopoly soon if not earlier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Rignet/T-Mobile tower on Green Canyon 18 Platform has stopped working Since Yesterday Sunday October 11th 2020 as of approximately 7:30 PM. Like someone turned a Switch off. That needs to be reported to FCC. Been working just fine before. I think the Rig May have messed with the Communication? Most of the Crew is Upset. We used to pick up 2-Towers out here. GC 18 & GC-19 but sometime in early September stopped getting GC-19. Anyway I Hope it starts Transmitting again!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    cricket wireless
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile deploys LTE to 60k Sq miles of Gulf of Mexico

I should’ve made a Consumer Complaint to the FCC at FCC.GOV about Cell Tower 445 @ GC 18. Hope the Tower gets back on soon

Last edited by captain1charlie; 10-12-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Speech to text don’t always work right

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did you contact your carrier yet ?? If it has been down for less than 24 hours it is not likely to be resolved any quicker by contacting the FCC. You should have waited at least 48 hours before filing a complaint IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast