Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Port out from Lycamobile after pay go suspended

Feedback Score

Port out from Lycamobile after pay go suspended

I have four lines with Lyca and they were suspended one by one in three days. All of them have <$10 balance. I called the 1800 many times and eventually got account number and pin for port-out.

But they told me that the numbers cannot be port out as the accounts were suspended. I have to pay $10 to activate the current pay-go plan then port out. Those balance cannot be used for paying the plan neither. Anyone else facing the same issue? Any work around other than paying for a monthly plan then port out?
    Last edited by changgong123; 07-26-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    File a complaint at the FCC site. One per number. They have to respond in 30 days.

You are obligated to pay any amount owed or fees. Recharging is not a fee.

Once you submit a port to a new provider they cannot refuse to port a number because you haven't paid for porting.

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...ange-providers

Once you request service from a new company, your old company cannot refuse to port your number, even if you owe money for an outstanding balance or termination fee.
    Complaint form at https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=39744
    Last edited by Vertabrae; 07-26-2019 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Complaint link

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 lite, Nokia 3310
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the jig may be up. I just tried to make a call on <$5 balance lyca phone and got the recording, "your account is temporarily suspended... buy a plan to reinstate...". I had used the phone just a couple of weeks ago so it was not for non use. It's been a good run, luckily I don't need to port the number.

Feedback Score
    What is Lyca not offering PayGo anymore?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    My balance is over $10 and I just sent a text. They've never said boo to me about any of this, I only heard about changes here. Apparently they were going to shut down paygo then added a $10/mo paygo plan. This was all back in April and May.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    What is Lyca not offering PayGo anymore?
    They offer a new pay-go, which is $10 expire in 30d, 5c per call or message. Not as good as the old paygo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    My balance is over $10 and I just sent a text. They've never said boo to me about any of this, I only heard about changes here. Apparently they were going to shut down paygo then added a $10/mo paygo plan. This was all back in April and May.
    I never heard about the shut down until last week (end of July). Never receive a message or anything. My phone suddenly stopped working, cannot make call or message or check balance. I google it and found out that they are shutting down the pay-go.

Feedback Score
    There is another thread about this here:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-option)/page9

To add my own comments, I have been watching a small balance on Lyca for the last several weeks. It still works for me today, just sent a text. I have not added any money for over 2 years and have never heard any announcement directly from Lyca on my phone. I wonder if they are making a distinction between users based on age of the account. I was one of the early joiners of Lyca when they still had the old non-native SIM's with their own carrier code and 2c/min paygo. Then they switched to the "new" Tmobile SIM's.

I wonder if the more recent users are the first ones being terminated?

Feedback Score
    My 3 accounts established 2-5 years ago appear to be going strong. I have online access to all accounts.
    Last edited by jw530; 07-26-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by changgong123 View Post
    I have four lines with Lyca and they were suspended one by one in three days. All of them have <$10 balance. I called the 1800 many times and eventually got account number and pin for port-out.

But they told me that the numbers cannot be port out as the accounts were suspended. I have to pay $10 to activate the current pay-go plan then port out. Those balance cannot be used for paying the plan neither. Anyone else facing the same issue? Any work around other than paying for a monthly plan then port out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    File a complaint at the FCC site. One per number. They have to respond in 30 days.

You are obligated to pay any amount owed or fees. Recharging is not a fee.

Once you submit a port to a new provider they cannot refuse to port a number because you haven't paid for porting.
    Wow, I'm late to the party. I just found out my service stopped. Tried to port out, but Lyca blocked it. They want me to buy a new plan to reactivate. I will be filing an FCC complaint. Thanks for the link!

Feedback Score
    I filed an FCC complaint and within 10 days they re-activated the phone so it could be ported out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drooper View Post
    I filed an FCC complaint and within 10 days they re-activated the phone so it could be ported out.
    Thanks for heads up on the timing. Luckily, I can wait this out.

Carrier(s)
    NONE
    Feedback Score
    Man! My landline and internet went out today, and I desperately tried to call ATT service with my Lyca phone, only to discover that I had no account! Good bye ~$9.75!

Fortunately, my landline came back up after the ATT knuckleheads working on the box down at the corner finally got themselves straightened out...but now I have to come up with a new emergency-only cellphone.

SO...here we go once again:

AS OF 10/21/09. WHAT IS THE BEST DEAL FOR A PURE EMERGENCY-ONLY CELLPHONE CARRIER WITH ROLLOVER?

Please feel free to refer me to the most recent thread on this complex subject.

THANKS!
    "o\b&O}{eq$9-J?*D"fRi~Bg<>2m]Vp&!Qh:Z^{\(-LQpGQh.1A0I-vG^fh+c^)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchoret View Post
    Man! My landline and internet went out today, and I desperately tried to call ATT service with my Lyca phone, only to discover that I had no account! Good bye ~$9.75!

Fortunately, my landline came back up after the ATT knuckleheads working on the box down at the corner finally got themselves straightened out...but now I have to come up with a new emergency-only cellphone.

AS OF 10/21/09. WHAT IS THE BEST DEAL FOR A PURE EMERGENCY-ONLY CELLPHONE CARRIER WITH ROLLOVER?

THANKS!
    I think Tello pay as you go doesn't expire balances. Just have to make a phone call every so often.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchoret View Post

THANKS!
    One option is Truphone. Although officially the usage requirement is every 180 days, so far, balances never expire even without usage, and no top ups are needed until the balance is used up. https://www.truphone.com/us/consumer/sim/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast