Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like it's finally a done deal!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Get ready for higher prices.
    What will happen is that my price won't go up, but if I want whatever they end up offering two years from now as the dust settles, I'll have to give up what I have and get the newest/latest/greatest which will be a higher price.

Undoubtedly. It's what they've done as they've tweaked the One plan and then moved to Magenta.

Feedback Score
    Or, maybe not. No one knows for sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Ignore that troll. All he does is troll the Verizon board telling everyone how Verizon is doomed now he's here saying T-Mobile/Sprint is doomed. Hmmmm. I wonder which carrier he is a fanboy of?
    He posted in the Sprint forum that he has one of the free unlimited plans and his is expiring on 7/31. So I understand that he'd be disappointed to see the merger go through because those plans aren't going to be around. But those type of plans had a limited life anyway. Sprint lost $2.2 billion last quarter. Offering service below its cost is not a long term business strategy.

The fact is the merger will improve the quality of service that Sprint customers receive as well. He admitted that currently Sprint service "It's cheap and it sucks".

That being said, just because one is against the merger, is no reason to attack customers of T-Mobile in forums such as this one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    That being said, just because one is against the merger, is no reason to attack customers of T-Mobile in forums such as this one.
    Just because one discovers and discusses facts that put T-Mobile in a less than stellar light, is no reason to attack customers of T-Mobile in forums such as this one.

When will you stop claiming I said things I never said? When will you retract your unsupported and false claims that I am "bashing" T-Mobile?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    You make Apple and Tesla fanbois look like rational creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Personally, I can't wait until they merger the two networks together. That'll add that one street in all of America where Sprint works and T-Mo doesn't to T-Mo's coverage...
    It's a whole state called West Virginia, but Verizon has decided it's not worth covering, so apparently it's not of much interest to most people....

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Offering service below its cost is not a long term business strategy.
    Thanks captain obvious.

The fact is the merger will improve the quality of service that Sprint customers receive as well. He admitted that currently Sprint service "It's cheap and it sucks".
    But it won't be cheap anymore. And Sprint could make their service not suck on their own. I really can't figure out how they are this bad at running at a network. It's bad when you just don't have data much of the time.

No one is attacking T-Mobile customers. The problem is that many T-Mobile trolls like yourself and shilohcane continually make ridiculous posts, start arguments, and get pissed off any time someone wants to actually have a discussion in a forum, i.e. do what they are meant for because they're pissed off that everyone else is not in lockstep to worship John Legere the almighty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    BTW, who made you the board moderator?
    Certainly not you and jet, the kings of self-appointed board moderators.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    It's a whole state called West Virginia
    Color me confused, then, because I just looked at Sprint's coverage map and WV for them looks a whole lot like WV for T-Mobile.

Hey, look, T-Mo has a comparison map:

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/lte-comparison-map

If this is what they CLAIM to have for coverage, I can only imagine that between them they might be able to cover Morgantown...

Feedback Score
    No one is attacking T-Mobile customers. The problem is that many T-Mobile trolls like yourself and shilohcane continually make ridiculous posts, start arguments, and get pissed off any time someone wants to actually have a discussion in a forum, i.e. do what they are meant for because they're pissed off that everyone else is not in lockstep to worship John Legere the almighty.
    This cannot be stressed enough.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Color me confused, then, because I just looked at Sprint's coverage map and WV for them looks a whole lot like WV for T-Mobile.
    T-Mobile's map downloaded a bunch of bull**** from AT&T's map when they turned roaming on. They have deployed some native coverage though, and while a lot of it is crayoned in, they are definitely way ahead of Verizon, which just doesn't want to be in WV, and has minimal Sprint-style highway coverage. It's hard to tell what Verizon is doing for roaming though, as their maps are totally screwed up and USCC's map is so tiny I can't see anything.

This cannot be stressed enough.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    State (or federal) parks are a PITA for many carriers that are not 'legacy' 850 (aka Cellular).
    This is the case in California, and other states. VZW covers many/most of these as they (or the company they bought). Many state/federal lands have very painful permit process. Eg. VZW covers much of the San Bernardino mountains (desert side) and has an actual site in the pass, where no other carrier does... or will.
    If you want to get T-Mobile to cover a certain area that they actually list as covered... call them up and complain about it. They might actually give you an answer.
    T-Mobile will have to fix some of its rural areas as Sprint's customers have been able to roam on VZW in rural areas to get 'some' service, while T-Mobile has, in many areas none.
    This is the area I mentioned;
    Real County Texas, not a single T-Mobile site or Roaming, but they have;

T-Mobile Coverage Screenshot;

Yet the most visited State Park in Texas and the towns/communities immediately North of it has no T-Mobile Coverage, the tower in Concan in Uvalde county has horrible coverage, the coverage map is really misleading

So the excuse that putting sites in a State/National Park is difficult doesn’t hold water when you don’t even provide coverage outside of it

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The dual-SIM phones are also really cool. Having two or more carriers on a single device is awesome. I hope we see more phones with DSDS support, especially the Google Pixel series.
    Yes, I'm enjoying my Umidigi F1 Play with dual SIM capability

I'm also enjoying the news about the merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    State (or federal) parks are a PITA for many carriers that are not 'legacy' 850 (aka Cellular).
    This is the case in California, and other states. VZW covers many/most of these as they (or the company they bought). Many state/federal lands have very painful permit process. Eg. VZW covers much of the San Bernardino mountains (desert side) and has an actual site in the pass, where no other carrier does... or will.
    If you want to get T-Mobile to cover a certain area that they actually list as covered... call them up and complain about it. They might actually give you an answer.
    T-Mobile will have to fix some of its rural areas as Sprint's customers have been able to roam on VZW in rural areas to get 'some' service, while T-Mobile has, in many areas none.
    I was hoping that AT&T’s FirstNet contract would help them get permits in these state parks, Especially out west in wildfire territory. Then the other carriers could co-locate on the same tower. I can only imagine how hard it is to get building permits and to lay fiber in national parks.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I was hoping that AT&T’s FirstNet contract would help them get permits in these state parks, Especially out west in wildfire territory. Then the other carriers could co-locate on the same tower. I can only imagine how hard it is to get building permits and to lay fiber in national parks.
    In many cases the only "tower" allowed in a park is something like a fiberglass cactus. The "tower" in Yosemite was a pine telephone pole that was shared by Verizon and AT&T.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So glad this deal is almost done. As soon as T-Mobile get the final merger done after the remaining State Lawsuit are settled. I bet that AT&T & Verizon have paid politicians to start these states lawsuits in a last ditch effort to try to stop the merger. As soon as the deal is finished it will be impossible for AT&T and Verizon to prevent T-Mobile from have the most robust nationwide 5GNR network due to their better spectrum. Also T-Mobile will have the spectrum with 5GNR to start a Wireless ISP to again damage AT&T in their Directv, ISP and U-verse business that will really damage AT&T’s stock price. T-Mobile has been getting the vast majority of new customers for at least a couple of years but T-Mobiles Robust 5G is going to make AT&T & Verizon hemorrhage customers.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast