Thread: Can I change from a monthly plan to paygo simply by loading a paygo PIN?

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score

Can I change from a monthly plan to paygo simply by loading a paygo PIN?

I'm thinking the answer is yes, but I thought I would check here first. My monthly plan ends tomorrow and I want to switch to paygo. I will purchase a PIN from Callingmart and load it. I'll chat with customer service beforehand, but they are notoriously unreliable with information.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    I'll answer my own question in the negative. I just got off a chat session with an H2O customer service representative. I had to first change my plan to paygo and then give her the PIN that I had previously purchased through Callingmart. In order to verify that the phone number is indeed mine, I had to give three numbers that I had recently called or texted. FIY if you change from monthly to paygo, the same thing that happened to monkeyboy will happen in reverse. That is to say, your plan will change immediately and whatever remains of your monthly plan will be lost. So if you're going to do this, wait until the final day.