Thread: DOJ has OK'd T-Mobile Sprint merger including sale of Boost and Virgin to Dish Networ

Feedback Score

DOJ has OK'd T-Mobile Sprint merger including sale of Boost and Virgin to Dish Networ

DOJ has OK'd T-Mobile Sprint merger including sale of Boost and Virgin to Dish Network
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/26/t-mo...ed-by-doj.html

Device(s)
    LG K3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    There are a lot of MVNOs that use Sprint that are not owned by Sprint. I wonder what happens to them? For example

AirLink Mobile
    Blue Jay Wireless
    BZRMobile
    Charge
    Cloven
    Common Cents
    Cox
    DataPass
    Disney Mobile
    EarthLink
    Español Mobile
    Helio
    Infinium Wireless
    LG K3 on Virgin Mobile ($20 a month Walmart Plan)
    2 Samsung SCH-u410™ w/Verizon Prepaid ($5 month & $15 month grandfathered plans)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I guess that will up to the MVNO and the new Tmobile to decide

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
    There are a lot of MVNOs that use Sprint that are not owned by Sprint. I wonder what happens to them? For example
    The new T-Mobile would still service their MVNO agreement for now. Dish doesn't have a network yet to host them on anyway.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think this is a good outcome since Sprint was effectively dead. The new company ran by Dish Network will be able to build out their network by using the abandoned Sprint towers with their new spectrum assets. The best part is the new company will be debt free. I do not see much changing except for the phones since they will need to replace the CDMA phone with GSM phones compatible with the T Mobile USA network.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    I think this is a good outcome since Sprint was effectively dead. The new company ran by Dish Network will be able to build out their network by using the abandoned Sprint towers with their new spectrum assets. The best part is the new company will be debt free. I do not see much changing except for the phones since they will need to replace the CDMA phone with GSM phones compatible with the T Mobile USA network.
    A number of phones are already compatible with T-Mobile's network. People have been switching over some Boost phones to Metro for a while now. The biggest issue would be that the phones would need Band 12 to really work properly. But with more and more companies selling phones with all of the major LTE bands in them, the switch over will not be as long or painful as it would be if this happened 5 years ago.