Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Cheap plans that have Unlimited data (even at 2G) and tether?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by saverdan View Post
    Mint also has a promotion going - buy three months of their $20 8GB plan and get three months free. If you go through a cashback site the net out of pocket for six months of service is $36 - $47 for six months - after the high speed data runs out it slows down but does not stop - tethering is permitted.

    Dan
    $8/month for 8 gigs LTE+ unlimited 2G sounds enticing.
    How fast is the 2G speeds?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    467
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    $8/month for 8 gigs LTE+ unlimited 2G sounds enticing.
    How fast is the 2G speeds?
    Mint slow data speeds are 128 kbps.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jw530 View Post
    Mint slow data speeds are 128 kbps.
    sweet!

    but damn it.. mint's 'buy 3 months get 3 months' offer expired

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well,tello will not tether while at 2g.
    It says 'you are not subscribed to data teetering.'

    I called them and their excuse is that 64k speeds is too slow to tether.

    Looks like I have to dl a tether app to USB tether.
    Last edited by fstuff; 09-24-2019 at 08:40 AM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    how do i get my desktop browser (Chrome) to automatically load the mobile version of a website?

    or best desktop browser for a 64k data connection?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,925
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    how do i get my desktop browser (Chrome) to automatically load the mobile version of a website?

    or best desktop browser for a 64k data connection?
    One way is to install a user agent switcher extension like this one:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/s...ent%20switcher and use it to change the user agent to an Android or iPhone one.

    That will cause sites that serve different markup when they detect a mobile browser to deliver their mobile version.

    You should also reduce your browser's width to 480 px or less. Many modern sites serve the same markup to all browsers but dynamically modify the page layout and download different sized images based on the browser window width.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    One way is to install a user agent switcher extension like this one:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/s...ent%20switcher and use it to change the user agent to an Android or iPhone one.

    That will cause sites that serve different markup when they detect a mobile browser to deliver their mobile version.

    You should also reduce your browser's width to 480 px or less. Many modern sites serve the same markup to all browsers but dynamically modify the page layout and download different sized images based on the browser window width.
    interesting.. changed browser extension to Android and it took LONGER to load going to facebook.com than than regular chrome and going to m.facebook.com

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,925
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    interesting.. changed browser extension to Android and it took LONGER to load going to facebook.com than than regular chrome and going to m.facebook.com
    That makes sense. When you use the extension and go to facebook.com the server first reads the user agent header, parses it and then redirects the browser to m.facebook.com. That shouldn't take very long but Facebook in general is a very slow site, probably busy looking for all its tracking cookies and beacons before it starts figuring out what to display.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    i'm 2 days at Tello 64k and it sucks.
    i have a bad habit of clicking multiple links.
    at 64k, all the tabs time out.

    so i need at least 128k.
    unfortunately, mint's buy 3 months get 3 months expired

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    286
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tello 1GB + 100m, unl txt
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    i'm 2 days at Tello 64k and it sucks.
    i have a bad habit of clicking multiple links.
    at 64k, all the tabs time out.

    so i need at least 128k.
    unfortunately, mint's buy 3 months get 3 months expired
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-MOBILE...T/254375391828
    This is only few dollars more. You can try browsing with no javascript.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressicaa View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-MOBILE...T/254375391828
    This is only few dollars more. You can try browsing with no javascript.
    $36 + $3tax
    so $13/month.
    slight discount over the regular $15/month price

    bought it.
    thx

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    286
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tello 1GB + 100m, unl txt
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You're looking at the $15 plan, this is the $20 plan https://www.mintmobile.com/product/0...sim-card-plan/

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressicaa View Post
    You're looking at the $15 plan, this is the $20 plan https://www.mintmobile.com/product/0...sim-card-plan/
    woah.. how can he sell it for 40% off?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    411
    Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressicaa View Post
    You're looking at the $15 plan, this is the $20 plan https://www.mintmobile.com/product/0...sim-card-plan/
    i will be getting the ebay Mint sim today.
    what phone can i use it in?
    i have Moto E (2nd gen), Moto E4 and LG X Charge.
    (I got freedompop working on the Moto E at H++ speeds, which will be fast enough for my needs.)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    490
    Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fstuff View Post
    Ting is offering freedompop refugees 20gigs for $20/month + taxes and allows tethering. (dont know what happens if you go over the 20gig mark.)
    i plan to replace home internet with this plan. (i only do email, forums, and facebook. no youtube.)

    that got me curious if there are any competitive plans to that offer unlimited 2G and tethering?
    is 2g even usable? everytime ive been reduced to 2g it seems like im not even connected to the internet. not sure how it would act if tethered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. I have unlimited data plan
    By mikewithanine in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 02:35 PM
  2. New AT&T plan, 29.99 unlimited data, iPad only
    By _Arthur in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
  3. Cellular Data Modems- Is there One Plan that allows Unlimited Devices?
    By cant not in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 10:24 PM
  4. if i have unlimited data on my plan, and i buy a BB now...
    By zoltrix12345678 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 10:13 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks