Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: T-Mobile service over Sprint towers?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Red Pocket (VZ)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I disagree. All T-Mobile has to do is give a 3 to 6 month hard deadline and say Sprint customers must upgrade to a compatible device (if they’re not already using one) to continue service. Offer some buyback program or trade in program if it makes people feel better. I mean really once the merger goes through Sprint customers won’t really have much choice, especially in markets where there are no other alternatives.

The faster they can get Sprint customers off Sprint towers the faster they can refarm the Sprint frequencies to T-Mobile frequencies.
    They can't migrate that quickly, especially since some spectrum would have to be moved over to the T-Mobile side to handle that massive influx of new customers. It's a bit more complicated than just having compatible phones (which most are already).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    They can't migrate that quickly, especially since some spectrum would have to be moved over to the T-Mobile side to handle that massive influx of new customers. It's a bit more complicated than just having compatible phones (which most are already).
    Exactly. The PCS spectrum might be the easy part. In my area the two of them have contiguous spectrum if they become one. TMobile A+D Sprint with A. Plus The G block. TMO currently has 15x15, that can increase to 20x20+5x5, then 10x10 whenever H+ is shutdown.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Exactly. The PCS spectrum might be the easy part. In my area the two of them have contiguous spectrum if they become one. TMobile A+D Sprint with A. Plus The G block. TMO currently has 15x15, that can increase to 20x20+5x5, then 10x10 whenever H+ is shutdown.
    They could lose GSM and H+ pretty quickly, as their H+ network always was tiny. Most of their network today is LTE-only anyway.

Feedback Score
    They could lose GSM and H+ pretty quickly, as their H+ network always was tiny. Most of their network today is LTE-only anyway.
    Not as large as att yeah not from what I can tell even when they expanded coverage 2G and or H+ were added along with LTE

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not as large as att yeah not from what I can tell even when they expanded coverage 2G and or H+ were added along with LTE
    If you look at coverage maps have have a 3G option, most of their network doesn't have 3G at all. They basically froze their 3G network in time somewhere in the early- to mid-2010s. However, the areas that do have 3G, the major metros, have the most need to re-farm the spectrum as well. Most of their rural network isn't even using the majority of the spectrum they have now.

Feedback Score
    If you look at coverage maps have have a 3G option, most of their network doesn't have 3G at all. They basically froze their 3G network in time somewhere in the early- to mid-2010s. However, the areas that do have 3G, the major metros, have the most need to re-farm the spectrum as well. Most of their rural network isn't even using the majority of the spectrum they have now.
    Yeah you're very right there with the rural part. There is a rural area here in Minnesota where they have bands 2 10x10,B12 5x5 and B71 also 5x5 but there 20x20 AWS not being used

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah you're very right there with the rural part. There is a rural area here in Minnesota where they have bands 2 10x10,B12 5x5 and B71 also 5x5 but there 20x20 AWS not being used
    Yeah, in some areas they don't even have B2 deployed. Much of their rural network is pretty poor, it's just there to color in the map.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, in some areas they don't even have B2 deployed. Much of their rural network is pretty poor, it's just there to color in the map.
    Yep just B12 maybe 71 or likely nothing

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yep just B12 maybe 71 or likely nothing
    Yeah, some of the B12-only areas are getting B71, but that's still pathetic. It's frustrating that they didn't spend just a tiny bit more to do their rural rollouts correctly with mid-band capacity and properly spaced sites.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, some of the B12-only areas are getting B71, but that's still pathetic. It's frustrating that they didn't spend just a tiny bit more to do their rural rollouts correctly with mid-band capacity and properly spaced sites.
    Agreed. That is why they will have trouble with getting 5G really active in some rural areas, because they didn't plan enough for LTE anchor bands, being mid-band AWS or PCS.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7