Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heads up to those paying with AutoPay!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Heads up to those paying with AutoPay!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So, what did you do? Pay with your credit card before the autopay time?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kmetz View Post
    Is this with prepaid or postpaid?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This isn't new. Already been talked about on reddit for weeks and if you're not gong to follow the rules then you shouldn't get the discount. Verizon pays less in transaction fees with debit/checking account. That's why you get the discount. The savings are passed on to you. If you're not saving Verizon money on fees you shouldn't get the discount. Checking accounts are not hard to open

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Or maybe their card expired and they had to use another payment(could still be a debit card) for that month. You don’t need to come in and defend your precious Verizon, we get it, they can do no wrong in your eyes.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    An explanation of exactly what happened would be helpful. Posting a message from VZW doesn't tell us the situation.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The answer is quite clear to me in the second sentence. Last month the $5 discount was not applied and it will be doubled on the next invoice.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    The answer is quite clear to me in the second sentence. Last month the $5 discount was not applied and it will be doubled on the next invoice.
    My first reading was the loss of the credit due to not letting it go out of the checking account/debit card. Second reading, it looks like they will be applying a missing credit.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's a debit adjustment, not a credit. They're charging him back $10 for non-compliance with the agreement. We just don't know exactly how he didn't comply.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Interesting. I hadn't noticed that the post-paid plans auto-pay discount requires bank account payment or debit card only.

I just added a prepaid account and it offers a $5/month auto-pay discount if you pay by credit card for auto-pay (or debit card).

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michigan View Post
    Interesting. I hadn't noticed that the post-paid plans auto-pay discount requires bank account payment or debit card only.

I just added a prepaid account and it offers a $5/month auto-pay discount if you pay by credit card for auto-pay (or debit card).
    It is odd that postpaid requires checking or debit, but prepaid doesn't. I just switched 3 lines over to prepaid last week and set up auto pay on my capital one card. It worked fine and gave me the discount (but technically I'm using the discounted refill cards). My lines still on postpaid for the next few months still requires the debit or checking.

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, a month or so ago they told me I needed to switch to a checking account debit from my credit card I had been using for many years or I’d lose my discount. No biggie.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ckoch125 View Post
    Or maybe their card expired and they had to use another payment(could still be a debit card) for that month.
    banks will send you a new card well in advance before it expires. If not get a less crappy bank. Also if you card expires you can still choose to use your actual checking account.

You don’t need to come in and defend your precious Verizon, we get it, they can do no wrong in your eyes.
    I'm not defending them and they are not doing wrong in this case. It's people with "Give me free stuff or you are F-ing me over" attitude that ruin things. Grow up. The rules say checking account/debit they have a good reason for such rules. Follow the rules or don't get the discount or get a different carrier.

Maybe Verizon should just take the discount away for everyone then you wouldn't be getting screwed over and it won't be an issue anymore. or maybe they should allow credit cards but raise prices to compensate for that. That sounds fair right?

I see plenty of stores that do not allow CC purchases below a certain amount. Are they being "unfair"? Or do they not want to lose money because someone decides to pay for a pack of gum with a credit card where the fees are more than the gum?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by purwater View Post
    It is odd that postpaid requires checking or debit, but prepaid doesn't. I just switched 3 lines over to prepaid last week and set up auto pay on my capital one card. It worked fine and gave me the discount (but technically I'm using the discounted refill cards). My lines still on postpaid for the next few months still requires the debit or checking.
    Because people can change prepaid carriers like thy change their under wear. The assumption is prepaid people are poorer and/or have bad credit. Maybe less likely to have checking accounts. Also prepaid is a MUCH smaller part of Verizon. Postpaid accounts outnumber repaid at least a dozen to one probably more.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    banks will send you a new card well in advance before it expires. If not get a less crappy bank. Also if you card expires you can still choose to use your actual checking account.

I'm not defending them and they are not doing wrong in this case. It's people with "Give me free stuff or you are F-ing me over" attitude that ruin things. Grow up. The rules say checking account/debit they have a good reason for such rules. Follow the rules or don't get the discount or get a different carrier.

Maybe Verizon should just take the discount away for everyone then you wouldn't be getting screwed over and it won't be an issue anymore. or maybe they should allow credit cards but raise prices to compensate for that. That sounds fair right?

I see plenty of stores that do not allow CC purchases below a certain amount. Are they being "unfair"? Or do they not want to lose money because someone decides to pay for a pack of gum with a credit card where the fees are more than the gum?
    They are most likely not following the terms of the merchant credit card agreement. I know with AMEX they are not allowed to require a minimum. Any time I see a merchant with that sign, I use my AMEX and they take it. Even if it's below the minimum they posted. Since they know they aren't allowed to require a minimum. And on the rare time a merchant tells me I can't use my card without purchasing a minimum amount, then they get reported to AMEX.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast