Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Rant. Moving to area with no service

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Sprint Rant. Moving to area with no service

I recently accepted a new job in an area with no Sprint coverage. I reached out to Sprint last week to see what my options were. I was told that because there was no coverage, all I would have to do was return the devices and there would be no additional charges. I would receive a follow up call with information to return the devices.
    The call never came, so I followed up today only to receive a completely different story. I will have to pay off the remainder of the lease agreement for all four devices regardless if i am moving into an area with no service coverage or not. The lady I spoke to insisted there was no other alternative aside from paying the full pay off price for each of the lines. I understand I signed a lease agreement...2 calls, 2 completely different explanations and outcomes. She said that she saw no documentation in the system of the previous call from last week stating the no additional fees. then she goes on to state that some employees don't document their conversations and give out false information. WTF?!?!?!?!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcooper14 View Post
    I recently accepted a new job in an area with no Sprint coverage. I reached out to Sprint last week to see what my options were. I was told that because there was no coverage, all I would have to do was return the devices and there would be no additional charges. I would receive a follow up call with information to return the devices.
    The call never came, so I followed up today only to receive a completely different story. I will have to pay off the remainder of the lease agreement for all four devices regardless if i am moving into an area with no service coverage or not. The lady I spoke to insisted there was no other alternative aside from paying the full pay off price for each of the lines. I understand I signed a lease agreement...2 calls, 2 completely different explanations and outcomes. She said that she saw no documentation in the system of the previous call from last week stating the no additional fees. then she goes on to state that some employees don't document their conversations and give out false information. WTF?!?!?!?!
    No TMobile to roam onto yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think they can waive the ETF in that case.

See
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...th_no_service/

and follow up there if necessary.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    No TMobile to roam onto yet?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Now where i'm moving. In fact, AT&T is the carrier or choice there. Verizon to a lesser degree works as well. I did an online chat to see if I could get any further clarification. We'll see.... I was given a reference number and my case was filed with the "back end department"(?,maybe) and someone would be back with me b/w 24-72 hours. I'll probably be calling them back.....i have little confidence in the customer service department.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what about a magic box?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcooper14 View Post
    Now where i'm moving. In fact, AT&T is the carrier or choice there. Verizon to a lesser degree works as well. I did an online chat to see if I could get any further clarification. We'll see.... I was given a reference number and my case was filed with the "back end department"(?,maybe) and someone would be back with me b/w 24-72 hours. I'll probably be calling them back.....i have little confidence in the customer service department.
    what do you actually get in terms of signal on your phone ?? does the phone say NO SERVICE or just no signal bars. try going into the phones network settings and try changing the network selection to automatic or Global. you may also want to look into in getting a signal booster such as We Boost.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    OP, since it sounds like you are currently under an equipment lease and never got all a callback to followup, you should call and ask to speak with retentions. If anyone can assist you, it would be that team. Regular customer service doesn't have that authority. I wish you the best due to the circumstances as described. Good luck.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not that it helps you but T-Mobile has a, little known, "Lifetime Coverage Guarantee" whereby if you're making phone payments under certain plans, and find the coverage doesn't suit your needs, you can get your phone unlocked, port out and continue to make just the monthly phone payments. The catch is that if you are getting any special promo bill credits (e.g BOGO) those go away and you have to make the undiscounted payments.

Maybe Sprint has the power to work a similar deal?

Did you mention the make and model phones involved?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Numerous Sprint reps have confirmed on reddit in other threads that there is a Sprint procedure to release him/her. I linked to one just as an example. The person just needs to follow up. There is no need to re-invent anything. In the (hopefully unlikely) even he/she cannot reach anyone on the phone to deal with it, there are well-connected Sprint people in that forum.

But it strikes me he/she may be premature if the person has not moved yet or at least has provided written proof of the move. Why should Sprint believe anyone that they are "going to move." It seems to be the appropriate time is right after the move. Otherwise it is to some extent hypothetical. You have no leverage negotiating hypothetical future contingencies and if I were Sprint I would not give any concessions without proof of the move. Otherwise people would game them all the time.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    what do you actually get in terms of signal on your phone ?? does the phone say NO SERVICE or just no signal bars. try going into the phones network settings and try changing the network selection to automatic or Global. you may also want to look into in getting a signal booster such as We Boost.
    It is entirely roaming per their coverage map and real world usage. As soon as I walk inside, there is zero service.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    OP, since it sounds like you are currently under an equipment lease and never got all a callback to followup, you should call and ask to speak with retentions. If anyone can assist you, it would be that team. Regular customer service doesn't have that authority. I wish you the best due to the circumstances as described. Good luck.
    I ended up getting a follow up call checking on the quality of service I received yesterday. My case is under review and someone will be back with me but there are notes in my account that it is being addressed so that at least is a slight bit of relief knowing that it had been documented and escalated.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for the link!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    TMo roaming probably won't happen until the state lawsuits are cleared up and the final regulatory procedures are completed. I've heard this will be in October.

But you could switch to TMo outright if the coverage is better. I think they will cover your ETF and the remainder left to pay on your device. My rep asked me about those things but I didn't need them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL241 View Post
    TMo roaming probably won't happen until the state lawsuits are cleared up and the final regulatory procedures are completed. I've heard this will be in October.

The State AG trial was scheduled for October but just got recheduled to December today.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ATT is my only real choice at this point. To a lesser degree, verizon is a choice but coverage is a bit more spotty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast