Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New plans August 11

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm on the previous $60 unlimited plan where hotspot had to be added and will remain on this plan until something better comes along. I can hotspot my LG V20 (I rarely do) because I was able to change the "tether entitlement check" without having to root the device. I don't know if this same phone would hotspot on the new Unlimited plans but I don't see why it wouldn't?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Cricket tried to move me to the 3gb plan and add $10 dollars for 10gb hotspot. I told them no and reminded them of about false advertising since their website says that the Iphone XR is compatible with hotspot. To answer your question I kept the more plan and switched to my Oneplus 6 and as with your LG V20 it works fine. The truth!!!!!!!!!!
    just the facts Ma'am

Device(s)
    IPAD PRO, IPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I currently have the grandfathered unlimited max plan. Is it worth it for me to switch to the “more” plan? I’m guessing the only major difference is the added hotspot?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would stay where you are if hotspot not important. Hotspot is all that I have now that I did not have before and I lost my 22gb before they may slow connection at times. Also I cannot go back to the extra plan. The only unlimited plans I can switch to are the 3gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessia1027 View Post
    I currently have the grandfathered unlimited max plan. Is it worth it for me to switch to the “more” plan? I’m guessing the only major difference is the added hotspot?
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    IPAD PRO, IPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It’s not super important but would be nice to have since I’d be paying exactly the same for both plans. Are speeds really slower on the new plans compared to the old max plan? Ive been with cricket for almost 2 years and haven’t really noticed much deprioritaztion.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm definitely heading over to At&t Prepaid pretty quick. Kinda glad I didn't load up my last $50.00 Cricket service card!!! If anyone wants to shoot me a Paypal for $40.00 send me a PM and it's yours.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    not sure what max gives you. Is is 4G LTE? I have not had the new plan but one day, so far the speeds seem about the same. Most of the time around 40 to 60 mbps down. Guess I was on ATT prepaid when Cricket came out with max plan. ATT is good but their unlimited is much more for using the same system. You only get 10gb hotspot on their $85 (less with auto pay) plan. You seem to know your phones but Cricket is very restrictive on which phone the hotspot works. On alot of unlocked phones you can hotspot using the phone data plan. Sure you are aware of that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpre View Post
    Most of the time I can watch Youtube in 720p without any issue. I have an S7 and it is very hard to tell the difference with 480p and 720p on mos videos that I watch. ProtonVPN is free and works pretty good, but I would only use it if I wanted to watch something.
    Ok thank you thank you. This help me. I like how you say you watch "YouTube." This is what I tell wife too ha ha - always watch "YouTube". Glad to know you can watch the good videos and see the details yes? Not same if pixelated yes? Ha

Device(s)
    IPAD PRO, IPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For those that signed up/have this new “more” plan, what are your thoughts? Any input would be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Worked fine for me. I had three individuals each on the $35/5GB plan, for $105. I saw they were offering this under the group save plan for only $110 for three, so I did that. CS was very nice and did a very good job.

iPhone SE hotspot, no problem. Sony XPeria hotspot, no problem. Moto G5 Plus, no go. That's an issue with Cricket; their pool of hotspot-enabled phones isn't large. Check their web site for details.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    If I didn't have such a large balance in my Cricket accnt from discounted gift cards I would have left Cricket. Not having WIFI calling and HD Voice on a BYOD Android is ridiculous especially considering I am using an AT&T branded phone on Cricket.
    I have at&t branded moto and I have hd voice. But I'm on 3mbps unlimited so I don't think I'm supposed to have wifi calling.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    May have been mentioned, but when one upgrades phones, apparently, your plan will be converted to one of the newer versions.
    Hmm.. you should call them. I thought changing phones was not a plan change.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    IPAD PRO, IPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone noticed any throttling or deprioritaztion with this new plan?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessia1027 View Post
    Has anyone noticed any throttling or deprioritaztion with this new plan?
    Yes. I was near a school where my son has soccer practice and I typically see 50/5+ on a normal evening. It was open house night for the school and packed with people, multiple practices etc. Could barely browse, speed tests around 1/1. The next night, back to full speeds at the same spot.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was on the 3mbps plan a couple months ago and the latency was just fine, just switched back and it's been piss poor so far. Sure the speeds were still slow before but the latency was fine for stuff like gaming but now I'm constantly getting huge lag spikes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast