Thread: T-Mobile and Sprint Question States’ Credibility in Merger Lawsuit

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone XS Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Exclamation T-Mobile and Sprint Question States’ Credibility in Merger Lawsuit

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-merger-suit

T-Mobile USA Inc. and Sprint Corp. asked a judge to force more than a dozen states that sued to block their merger to hand over communications about the case and reveal who’s financing the litigation.

T-Mobile wants access to messages between the state attorneys general about how they’d pay for the litigation, suggesting the companies may argue the case is tainted by cost-sharing deals.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-merger-suit

T-Mobile USA Inc. and Sprint Corp. asked a judge to force more than a dozen states that sued to block their merger to hand over communications about the case and reveal who’s financing the litigation.

T-Mobile wants access to messages between the state attorneys general about how they’d pay for the litigation, suggesting the companies may argue the case is tainted by cost-sharing deals.
    Good. Whatever T-Mobile needs to do to cause problems for the states they should do. The article said the trial date is likely being moved to Dec 9th. That's unfortunate that it's over four months away. But I'm sure T-Mobile will be prepared for a major battle.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Interesting. I'm curious to see what comes from this discovery action.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I generally assume the states are just looking to "Wet Their Beak" to back away from the legal challenge. If they were such advocates for the people of the state, why would they keep enabling legislation that increases taxes with little benefit, like the high speed rail in CA? They're looking for a piece of the pie.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    These state lawsuits are the last hope for blocking this anti-competitive disaster of a merger, but I am very skeptical that they will be successful. Maybe they will squeeze more concessions out of T-Mobile, or get them to abandon the merger on their own, but I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    If they were such advocates for the people of the state, why would they keep enabling legislation that increases taxes with little benefit, like the high speed rail in CA? They're looking for a piece of the pie.
    High speed rail is the right thing to do, and transit and infrastructure have massive economic benefits.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Good. Whatever T-Mobile needs to do to cause problems for the states they should do. The article said the trial date is likely being moved to Dec 9th. That's unfortunate that it's over four months away. But I'm sure T-Mobile will be prepared for a major battle.
    right, Jet I wish the T-Mobile could sue the actual individuals involved in these frivolous lawsuits for harassment.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The states have every right to do this, why should companies be allowed to steamroll their way across America, without any checks and balances? These mergers RARELY benefit the people, and more often than not, enrich only the corporations.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    The states have every right to do this, why should companies be allowed to steamroll their way across America, without any checks and balances? These mergers RARELY benefit the people, and more often than not, enrich only the corporations.
    The states have no right to engage in such frivolous harassment which has no legal basis and is nothing more than a stalling tactic. Your conspiracy theory about corporations has been duly noted and laughed at.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone XS Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There are 15 state Attorneys General involved in this lawsuit against the merger. Hint 14 of the state attorney general involved in this frivolous lawsuit are X. I let you all guess on your own. This lawsuit is political and nothing more. The State AGs have no legal basis for this lawsuit and are wrong.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Dale, I am sure you will get true believers defending the high-speed rail scam artists.

And they will tell bald-faced lies about how great it is, and end up sounding just like that monorail salesman from that episode of The Simpsons
    I've ridden bullet trains in China. They are expensive and not as fast as flying. By the time they make a few stops, they lose their high speed advantage. If they don't make any stops, then they only serve a few locations. Basically just like flying but slower. Besides, who really needed to get back & forth from LA to San Fran that couldn't just hop a commuter? Someone was going to make a ton of $$$ on this project. I'm really glad to see it got cancelled.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've ridden bullet trains in China. They are expensive and not as fast as flying. By the time they make a few stops, they lose their high speed advantage. If they don't make any stops, then they only serve a few locations. Basically just like flying but slower. Besides, who really needed to get back & forth from LA to San Fran that couldn't just hop a commuter? Someone was going to make a ton of $$$ on this project. I'm really glad to see it got cancelled.
    But they are really good for growing llarge mysterious crops of bureaucrats making 6 figured to "plan" for years while actually doing nothing, and paying slovenly union thugs $70K a year to do a menial job a chimpanzee can do better.

If the idea really has merit, perhaps the government should get out of the way and see if the private sector can come up with it on its own. At least the private sector doesn't go forward with these things unless they have merit. It's the opposite with government boondoggles.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    T...this anti-competitive disaster of a merger....
    The opposite is true. Sprint doesn't do much of anyone any good: it only has a good presence in about 10 American states. That's pretty tiny considering that there's 50. There's so much smoke an mirrors: they claim roaming onto Verizon but really don't provide data roaming, and they claim something called "extended roaming" which just means they might possibly let you roam beyond the tiny Sprint footprint.

Then there are the spectrum resources Sprint is sitting on and not using.

T-Mobile will use these, making for a much stronger T-Mobile to compete with Verizon and AT&T.

The loss of Sprint means nothing, as it is irrelevant. Nothing "anti-competitive" with losing a so-called "competitor" which offers a significantly inferior product and refuses to make decisions which would move it forward.

T-Mobile consuming Sprint and actually making good uses of its resources makes for stronger competition. So, definitely, the merger is pro-competitive.

The opposite might be true if Sprint were actually a strong competitive presence. It's not. It's the carrier that makes people laugh at you or give you looks of pity if you tell them that you have it.
    Last edited by NotABiot; 08-03-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: get rid of bad brackets

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've ridden bullet trains in China. They are expensive and not as fast as flying. By the time they make a few stops, they lose their high speed advantage. .....
    As long as we're so far OT. I rode the Nozomi Shinkansen from Shin Tokyo to Fukuoka. It cost about the same as flying. The Japanese are very organized, so the very few intermediate stops lasted only 90 seconds each. Everyone lined up on the arrows and filed neatly in and out at the same time.

I don't even know why we're discussing high-speed rail when 90% of the existing US trackage isn't electrified and Amtrak can't even restore service between New Orleans and Jacksonville because 80% of the route lacks PTC.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    They're competitive in a lot of metro areas.
    T-Mobile combined with Sprint will still be present in these areas. So much for that too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast