Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    If I have 4 lines on any of these plan's whats the cost for a tablet or a jetpack.
    depends on the plan. it's either $20 or $10

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bcltoys View Post
    If I have 4 lines on any of these plan's whats the cost for a tablet or a jetpack.
    Can’t help with Jetpack, but tablet added to the current unlimited is $20/month so it should be $10/month unless they have a different structure for these new plans.
    I currently have 3 phone lines, tablet and Hum service on the current Go Unlimited. I’m going to change that and put 2 of the phone lines on the cheapest new one and one phone on the top tier and remove the tablet as I don’t travel enough to need cell data on the tablet often enough that I can’t just use the phone as a hotspot. I’ll save a bit less than $30/month doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydp211 View Post
    Can’t help with Jetpack, but tablet added to the current unlimited is $20/month so it should be $10/month unless they have a different structure for these new plans..

A)Tablet and Jetpack are the same pricing
    B) Get More and Do More plan jetpack/tablet pricing is half off. provided you have an eligible line. Meaning you can't have 1 line and 3 jetpack. So 4 lines mean 4 total tablet/jetpacks

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It's pretty simple would you rather have more priority data or better video? If you're not a big video watcher or you get that there's really no difference on a phone then maybe more priority data matters more
    It's ridiculously confusing and unnecessary, since virtually no one will hit 50GB without HD video guzzling their data down. From Verizon's POV, the 480p video is the much better deal, since video puts more strain on the network.

It's the same as Beyond/New Verizon plans expect 3 GB more priority data. It's not going to put that much more strain on the network. and unless Verizon learned how to ban/throttle VPNs, a lot of people know using one bypasses the video throttle limit
    But now there are two mid-tier plans, not one. It's insane. Sure, you could use a VPN if you had a very specific use case like no home broadband available, or in an RV and you want to output to a TV over USB-C or Lightning, but for streaming on-device, 480p is just fine.

You constantly talk about the network being stressed and now you complain about a plan that addresses that? It's a choice. I have Go. I CHOOSE to have it. I'm not forced. When we switch to start that will also be a CHOICE. You seem anti-choice and want people to pay more
    One plan does a better job than the other at dealing with Verizon's congestion problems. Granted, all the UDPs are contributing to it, and they should bury the UDPs somewhere obscure on their site, jack up the prices, and actually offer good per-GB tiered plans, but they are addicted to the ARPU boost that UDPs offer. From a UDP perspective, the 480p video with 50GB non-depri is the best way to manage network traffic.

That's not even how depri works. You are only depri during times of congestion. Not once you reach a certain limit. I'm on go which is also subject to depri yet I rarely encounter slow speeds. Hell I've gotten over 100 Mbps on a supposedly depried plan. Someone could use 500 GB and never encounter depri
    I know how depri works, try reading my post. They should be rolling 30-day so that users are incentivized to either stay under their depri limit or pony up the dough for a higher tier.

This has been part of current plans for a couple of months now. And I doubt mmwave is going to reach inside homes very often. Verizon already offers a 5G home internet product. Also who cares if they use it for home internet? Just on 28 GHz they have at least 425 MHz od spectrum and as much as 850 MHz in some areas. You're not saturating that
    I didn't say anyone would saturate it. The reception/reach is an issue, as it doesn't seem to like to penetrate walls very well. Sure, it's a tiny number of apartments right now, but as 4G small cells are upgraded to 5G, this will be a big play.

You're not even a Verizon customer nor do you intend on being one.
    Actually, I am, for this month anyway. I'm testing Verizon prepaid. But that's irrelevant, as it doesn't matter, and AT&T has the same idiotic plan bloat that Verizon has.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    It's ridiculously confusing and unnecessary, since virtually no one will hit 50GB without HD video guzzling their data down. From Verizon's POV, the 480p video is the much better deal, since video puts more strain on the network.
    Then don't F-ing sign up for it. Quit telling people what they need or don't need

But now there are two mid-tier plans, not one. It's insane.
    And if customers reject it Verizon will change it. You act if these plans are permanent. Heck the original unlimited plan from Feb 2017 last all of 6 months. Verizon could easily come back in a few months and decide one mid tier plan would be better and change it. How about letting customers decide? Oh wait YOU know best

Sure, you could use a VPN if you had a very specific use case like no home broadband available, or in an RV and you want to output to a TV over USB-C or Lightning, but for streaming on-device,
    I don't advocate using a VPN because it violates the TOS and harms the network when idiots think they need 4K on a 6 inch screen especially when they are likely watching in sub-optimal conditions anyway

480p is just fine.
    For me and you maybe. I don't think you can see much better than 720p on a phone. So I don't have an issue with 720p being an option. And even 1080p while I think is pointless tops out at 6 Mbps and Verizon claims you should be getting 5-12 Mbps on their 4G network. So 6 Mbps streaming shouldn't be an issue. Verizon could avoid a lot of issues if they get rid of the resolution definition and just state 2 Mbps( which would actually be 540p ) for Start and Do, 4 Mbps( which would be 900p) for Play and 6 Mbps( top end of 1080p ) for Get.

One plan does a better job than the other at dealing with Verizon's congestion problems. Granted, all the UDPs are contributing to it, and they should bury the UDPs somewhere obscure on their site, jack up the prices, and actually offer good per-GB tiered plans, but they are addicted to the ARPU boost that UDPs offer. From a UDP perspective, the 480p video with 50GB non-depri is the best way to manage network traffic.
    Apply for the CEO job at Verizon let us know how that goes.

I know how depri works,
    Apparently not.

They should be rolling 30-day so that users are incentivized to either stay under their depri limit or pony up the dough for a higher tier.
    how does the current system not do that? Oh by the way just because you reach the depri limit doesn't mean you are slowed down. Go is depried form the start yet I can get 100 Mbps. explain that?

I didn't say anyone would saturate it. The reception/reach is an issue, as it doesn't seem to like to penetrate walls very well. Sure, it's a tiny number of apartments right now, but as 4G small cells are upgraded to 5G, this will be a big play.
    Where the hell are you getting apartments from? People in homes have Verizon's 5G home internet. They put a small antenna on the side of your house facing the 5G cell. This avoid the whole penetration issue. This would also be the optimal way to offer it even with Sprint's b41

Actually, I am, for this month anyway. I'm testing Verizon prepaid. But that's irrelevant, as it doesn't matter, and AT&T has the same idiotic plan bloat that Verizon has.
    Then go with T-Mobile and quit spewing diarrhea here. We get it, you don't like Verizon's plans, you think you can make your ideas reality if you say them out loud and you think you know what's best for people. How many times are you going to bukkake our faces with your brain splooge before you stop?

You have already been banned under another name and that right there should get you banned again

Feedback Score
    Is anyone reading the international section the same way i am. It appears that e top three tiers international talk and text is included. If that is the case it’s a win for someone who travels or has family overseas. The way it is presented in this chart it is very vague. Do they mean international calling from the US abroad? Or are they saying that your Verizon phone can have full talk and text overseas and just pay for travel pass for data?

Holiday travel pass last year was close to $1,000. I.d gladly switch to the top tier to save that.

This year I’m carrying a European hot spot and using WiFi calling. It’s a pain to carry two devices, but it’s saving a fortune.

Ciao

Feedback Score

What? Give up his day jobs at Burger King and as cellular critic on bulletin boards?

This is the same guy who four years ago claimed that unlimited plans were dead in the water and would never come back, that 2 gb per month was abusive use of data, etc. etc. He only sees what works for him, has no vision for anything else. Why do you bother debating his nonsense?

Feedback Score
    How does the jet pack allowance work? In other words, if had four lines with one on the Get More plan and the other three on the Play More plan, does the jet pack plan for $10 get the 30GB allowance from the Get More or the 15GB allowance from the Play More?

I would love the 30GB on the jet pack plan!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mloboy View Post
    How does the jet pack allowance work? In other words, if had four lines with one on the Get More plan and the other three on the Play More plan, does the jet pack plan for $10 get the 30GB allowance from the Get More or the 15GB allowance from the Play More?

I would love the 30GB on the jet pack plan!
    If the Jetpacks keep the same allowance as they have now it will be 15 GB. The jetpack allowance isn't based on the phone plan allowance. it has it's own plan

Feedback Score
    If the Jetpacks keep the same allowance as they have now it will be 15 GB. The jetpack allowance isn't based on the phone plan allowance. it has it's own plan
    Oh, I see, Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    [comment]480p is just fine.[/comment]
    This may be true, but if you have a device with a 4k display you might as well take advantage of it.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Then ...
    Blah, blah, blah. This is a FORUM for DISCUSSION. You don't seem to get that.

I don't advocate using a VPN because it violates the TOS and harms the network when idiots think they need 4K on a 6 inch screen especially when they are likely watching in sub-optimal conditions anyway
    It's useful in certain niche situations, but certainly not in most cases where you're watching on the phone.

For me and you maybe. I don't think you can see much better than 720p on a phone. So I don't have an issue with 720p being an option. And even 1080p while I think is pointless tops out at 6 Mbps and Verizon claims you should be getting 5-12 Mbps on their 4G network.
    Capacity. Video is a massive drain on capacity. T-Mobile started doing the video quality limitations in order to not count video against your data plan, which was brilliant. Of course other carriers had to follow as well, otherwise their networks would just grind to a halt with everyone streaming video on a 5" screen.

More ridiculous nonsense.

Apparently not.
    Apparently you don't now how to READ. I know how depri works, thank you very much.

how does the current system not do that? Oh by the way just because you reach the depri limit doesn't mean you are slowed down. Go is depried form the start yet I can get 100 Mbps. explain that?
    If you would actually READ my post instead of just trolling, you'd see that I said it should be a rolling 30-day depri, not a fixed billing cycle. The way it currently is set up, you can use 30GB/mo on a 25GB/mo plan and only be depri for a few days at the end of the billing cycle. If it were rolling, and your data usage was even every day, you'd always be depri.

Where the hell are you getting apartments from? People in homes have Verizon's 5G home internet. They put a small antenna on the side of your house facing the 5G cell. This avoid the whole penetration issue. This would also be the optimal way to offer it even with Sprint's b41
    You need to READ. I was talking about MHS on mmWave phones, not the permanently installed home internet option. Of course that's the optimal way to offer it with n41 on T-Sprint.

Then go...
    If you don't want to be on a FORUM, then don't be on a FORUM. If you do, post interesting things and have a DISCUSSION, not the garbage that you post.

Carrier(s)
    T Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    So trying to sift through this topic is making me go cross eyed with all the bickering and plan names this noobie doesn't recognize.

How does this compare to my 1 line of beyond unlimited that I currently have? Because it seems the new beyond plan is a downgrade?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    @ztmike
    Isn't single line "play more" identical to bUDP just $5 cheaper and with an extra 3GB of priority data?

I mean sure that's not a lot better but I don't see how it could be called a downgrade.

Device(s)
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
    So trying to sift through this topic is making me go cross eyed with all the bickering and plan names this noobie doesn't recognize.
    Yep. Couldn’t agree more. Which if why, after many years on this forum, I’ve decided to use the ignore feature for the first time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast