Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 131

Thread: 4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,378
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL241 View Post
    [comment]480p is just fine.[/comment]
    This may be true, but if you have a device with a 4k display you might as well take advantage of it.
    You're not going to notice a difference wasting bandwidth and possible going to cause buffering. Even if there were no restriction. I've never gone 160 MPH even though my car allows it

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,378
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ztmike View Post
    So trying to sift through this topic is making me go cross eyed with all the bickering and plan names this noobie doesn't recognize.

    How does this compare to my 1 line of beyond unlimited that I currently have? Because it seems the new beyond plan is a downgrade?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    How is plan that is the same except it gives 3 GB MORE priority data and is $5 cheaper a downgrade?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,378
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TXLady View Post
    Yep. Couldn’t agree more. Which if why, after many years on this forum, I’ve decided to use the ignore feature for the first time.
    I've decided that trying to reason with a illogical person like Soxfan who continues to troll this board I'm going to do the same

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Few thoughts:
    ..... I think Verizon takes the cake for the number of different versions of Unlimited. It's absurd. Their billing and support systems must be a nightmare. They should de-grandfather and just offer good per-GB plans and good Unlimited plans, and then keep those plans forever, but just change what they get in them as the market changes as opposed to making whole new plans and grandfathering people on the last set of plans. It's completely insane.
    Yeah, you are right. Verizon has too many plans, and it is so bad it is the reason that the company is dead last among cell carriers.

    Either that... or they know what they are doing, and show your business degree before you claim otherwise.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,221
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by benwoohoo View Post
    Play More looks comparable to fUDP up to 4 lines. It looks like it doesn't make sense to switch at 5+ lines.
    More like fDUP. It was less confusing when they charged two different unlimited plans. One being throttled and one full speed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    693
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I've decided that trying to reason with a illogical person like Soxfan who continues to troll this board I'm going to do the same


    Says the old curmudgeon who just likes to rile everyone up.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    693
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Yeah, you are right. Verizon has too many plans, and it is so bad it is the reason that the company is dead last among cell carriers.

    Either that... or they know what they are doing, and show your business degree before you claim otherwise.
    It's because Verizon and AT&T are the only two companies that own the vast majority of the cellular spectrum and the legacy networks that built out everywhere and thus have coverage.

    As long as their plans are only slightly more idiotic than AT&T's, and/or as long as there are areas where only one of the big two have decent service, they can make their plans as idiotic as they want, and they will still have plenty of customers. The same is true for AT&T's equally as idiotic series of plans that change every few months.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm looking forward to this. More choices means better for consumers. What I don't know is how the international pass plans apply to any of these? I guess I will find out tomorrow.

    I'm considering jumping back to T-Mobile, but these new plans might have me stay with Verizon.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post




    It's pretty simple would you rather have more priority data or better video? If you're not a big video watcher or you get that there's really no difference on a phone then maybe more priority data matters more



    It's the same as Beyond/New Verizon plans expect 3 GB more priority data. It's not going to put that much more strain on the network. and unless Verizon learned how to ban/throttle VPNs, a lot of people know using one bypasses the video throttle limit



    You constantly talk about the network being stressed and now you complain about a plan that addresses that? It's a choice. I have Go. I CHOOSE to have it. I'm not forced. When we switch to start that will also be a CHOICE. You seem anti-choice and want people to pay more



    That's not even how depri works. You are only depri during times of congestion. Not once you reach a certain limit. I'm on go which is also subject to depri yet I rarely encounter slow speeds. Hell I've gotten over 100 Mbps on a supposedly depried plan. Someone could use 500 GB and never encounter depri



    This has been part of current plans for a couple of months now. And I doubt mmwave is going to reach inside homes very often. Verizon already offers a 5G home internet product. Also who cares if they use it for home internet? Just on 28 GHz they have at least 425 MHz od spectrum and as much as 850 MHz in some areas. You're not saturating that




    Attachment 163520

    You're not even a Verizon customer nor do you intend on being one.

    Attachment 163521
    It's clear that someone is beating a dead horse. With a baseball bat, probably.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    It's because Verizon and AT&T are the only two companies that own the vast majority of the cellular spectrum and the legacy networks that built out everywhere and thus have coverage.

    As long as their plans are only slightly more idiotic than AT&T's, and/or as long as there are areas where only one of the big two have decent service, they can make their plans as idiotic as they want, and they will still have plenty of customers. The same is true for AT&T's equally as idiotic series of plans that change every few months.
    Crosses out all of this and replaces it with the correct answer: they are so hugely successful because they provide a better product, and is better product includes their plan choices.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    693
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Crosses out all of this and replaces it with the correct answer: they are so hugely successful because they provide a better product, and is better product includes their plan choices.
    Nope. It's just a confusing mess, and they get away with it because they have the biggest and best networks.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    if you can go compare a Ford and a Chevy and the features and accessories of the automobiles on the car lots, you can compare different Verizon plans to each other.

    It's not rocket science. It's not insane if you actually take just a couple minutes to read things.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    693
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    if you can go compare a Ford and a Chevy and the features and accessories of the automobiles on the car lots, you can compare different Verizon plans to each other.

    It's not rocket science. It's not insane if you actually take just a couple minutes to read things.
    I wasn't trying to argue that Americans are incapable of comparing plans, but that doesn't make having FOUR different "Unlimited" plans any less annoying.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    I wasn't trying to argue that Americans are incapable of comparing plans, but that doesn't make having FOUR different "Unlimited" plans any less annoying.
    I would probably end up preferring 6 or 7, because that would make it come closer to me being able to have the exact options that I will need.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    693
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I would probably end up preferring 6 or 7, because that would make it come closer to me being able to have the exact options that I will need.
    Why? They could have just gone with fUDP and kept it. But no, by tomorrow they will have people on a total of 8 different "Unlimited" plans, not including the kids ones, with 4 currently offered. That's insane. That's a duopoly gone off the rails to crazytown.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
  2. CNET Asia: New Nokia NSeries to be Announced Next Week?
    By sweetmisery in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 12:25 AM
  3. New Moto Phone to be announced tomorrow
    By Veryezon in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2004, 12:35 AM
  4. 5 new CDMA phones to be announced at CTIA?
    By fwulfers in forum Nokia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 07:02 PM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-18-2002, 03:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks