Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    It looks like they're offering this 5g for free in order to entice people to these new plans. Some people are afraid that when 5g is more readily available Verizon will charge extra for it. So, I better get on this plan now with free 5g. Why Verizon started these new plans and why they want us on them is the real question.
    Beyond and Above had the free 5G too. Also if you don't get a 5G phone you're not going to be charged regardless. Also I think you also have to actually live in an area where 5G is available to before you get charged. And if you do live in a 5G area and have 5G phone the $10 is certainly worth it.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It looks like they're offering this 5g for free in order to entice people to these new plans. Some people are afraid that when 5g is more readily available Verizon will charge extra for it. So, I better get on this plan now with free 5g. Why Verizon started these new plans and why they want us on them is the real question.
    My understanding is that 5g is free for a "limited" time and then there will be a charge for it.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you have 5 lines or less they are the same or cheaper and you get 3 GB per line more priority data. So you want to pay more for less?
    In my case, the new plans are more expensive than the fUDP plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ren7nc View Post
    In my case, the new plans are more expensive than the fUDP plan.
    Well you didn't state that you had more than 5 lines

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Well you didn't state that you had more than 5 lines
    I have 3 lines, all phones are paid off. The fUDP remains cheaper in this scenario for my situation.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If one were to switch to the new plans with a 4G only capable handset, do they get the 5G free grandfathered for when they get the 5G handset much later? Even after the limited time promotion is going on?

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    If one were to switch to the new plans with a 4G only capable handset, do they get the 5G free grandfathered for when they get the 5G handset much later? Even after the limited time promotion is going on?

--Kidd
    Not from what I’ve read. You would have to get a 5g capable phone to take advantage of the offer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydp211 View Post
    Not from what I’ve read. You would have to get a 5g capable phone to take advantage of the offer

My understanding also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonavillicana View Post
    My understanding also.
    Darn. I was considering moving up from the abysmal Go plan to Do More plan for my single line account for a few reasons. I probably still will but was just hoping to add it to the list of benefits I'd have versus sitting complacent. I don't have plans to buy a 5G handset anytime soon, or even expect to see any sizable deployment in my town of Louisville, KY anytime soon so I guess I'll just wait for the dust to settle...

--Kidd

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Darn. I was considering moving up from the abysmal Go plan to Do More plan for my single line account for a few reasons. I probably still will but was just hoping to add it to the list of benefits I'd have versus sitting complacent. I don't have plans to buy a 5G handset anytime soon, or even expect to see any sizable deployment in my town of Louisville, KY anytime soon so I guess I'll just wait for the dust to settle...

--Kidd
    I upgraded and I will tell you, wow does verizon throttle the heck out of the go plans. In the same area, when I switched this morning I ran a speed test and speeds went from like 2-3 mb/s all the way to 46 on the new plan. Thought verizon just sucked in my area, but it was just their terrible plan. Much better on the new plan. I do not have a 5G device yet, but the included 5G is nice as well for when it is more widespread.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I saw that too. I changed my 3 lines over today. Main line is the top level the other 2 are the Start level. That’s good enough for them and great for me.
    Because of military discounts and others, the final bill is changed very little.

Feedback Score
    So, looking in the site, none of them include Travel Passes?

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    I switched today from beyond unlimited. Verizon made two changes Military discount changed effective for new signups today. Old discounts are grandfathered in. Second is no more travel passes.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sectime View Post
    I switched today from beyond unlimited. Verizon made two changes Military discount changed effective for new signups today. Old discounts are grandfathered in. Second is no more travel passes.
    Didn’t know they changed the military discount. Mine stayed because of grandfathering. An oddity is the way it works on my tablet. With the plan I have I get the table @50% off and they gave me that but the military discount is figured against the non-discounted price. IOW, the table it $7/month instead of the $8.50 I had expected.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydp211 View Post
    Didn’t know they changed the military discount. Mine stayed because of grandfathering. An oddity is the way it works on my tablet. With the plan I have I get the table @50% off and they gave me that but the military discount is figured against the non-discounted price. IOW, the table it $7/month instead of the $8.50 I had expected.

Verizon is kinda hiding the change It's only in the Discount FAQ, the grandfather amount is confusing and has different signup dates.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast