Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Jack, I was wondering who he is.

I have to admit he is going a bit overboard being an armchair CEO.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    As I stated it's not FINISHED
    In all fairness, I'll submit that no cellular mobile network is ever "finished". Except, now that I think about it, Sprint's. LOL.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    In all fairness, I'll submit that no cellular mobile network is ever "finished". Except, now that I think about it, Sprint's. LOL.

--Kidd
    Finished as in converting 1x/3G spectrum to 4G. That will have a completion date. 18 months form now Verizon isn't going to be using any spectrum for 1x/3G. Not for regular customers for sure

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Finished as in converting 1x/3G spectrum to 4G. That will have a completion date. 18 months form now Verizon isn't going to be using any spectrum for 1x/3G. Not for regular customers for sure
    Yeah man, lighten up. Every provider juggles spectrum around and re-allocates for different purposes. Even if 1X/3G isn't used for new smartphone activations, it's very likely to still remain around in some form to continue migrating connected devices (like GPS trackers, mobile cameras, security systems and the sort). It might even be moved to a different frequency but of course those older radios have a smaller selection of frequencies to select from so the choice has to be made carefully.

--Kidd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Thanks, Jack, I was wondering who he is.

I have to admit he is going a bit overboard being an armchair CEO.
    Here's a gem from the T-Mobile forum.

Falcon_73: Court rejects FCC exemption of 5G small cell site reviews
    I suppose this is more of a problem for the carriers that are depending on mmWave.

SoxFan response: Mostly Verizon due to their spectrum position. T, TMUS, and S have limited use for small cells.

Despite the fact that At&t and T-Mobile's 5G deployment ALL involve mmwave. And T-Mobile spent over $840 mil acquiring nearly nationwide 24 GHz spectrum and a lot of 28 GHz spectrum and already owns some 39 GHz spectrum

T-Mobile scooped up 1,346 24 GHz licenses and 400 PEAs for about $803 million.
    T-Mobile also won 865 licenses for spectrum in the 28 GHz band during Auction 101, bidding about $39.2 million in total

https://www.ecnmag.com/news/2019/06/...ctrum-auctions

Feedback Score
    Yeah man, lighten up. Every provider juggles spectrum around and re-allocates for different purposes. Even if 1X/3G isn't used for new smartphone activations, it's very likely to still remain around in some form to continue migrating connected devices (like GPS trackers, mobile cameras, security systems and the sort). It might even be moved to a different frequency but of course those older radios have a smaller selection of frequencies to select from so the choice has to be made carefully.

--Kidd
    There nothing to lighten up. I'm just correcting your misinterpretation of what I said. And there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe YOU are the one that should lighten up when your errors are pointed out and you get defensive.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    There nothing to lighten up. I'm just correcting your misinterpretation of what I said. And there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe YOU are the one that should lighten up when your errors are pointed out and you get defensive.
    Oooh -- Okay. Duly noted.

--Kidd

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Just stop. You have no power at Verizon to dictate pricing. Also the plans you mention are not the PPU you love to talk about. Either you're advocating price per GB or not. pick one and stick with it.
    I'm not going to respond to blatant trolling other than to call it out as such.

excuse I meant band 2. My bad. It's called gist and context. Something people usually learn in grade school. But please keep deflecting
    You're always on the attack, so it's hard to tell.

You're not a Verizon customer you don't want to be one all you do here is tell us how terrible Verizon is and what they are doing wrong and how they should be running the company and ten you go to other carrier's boards and take dump on Verizon over there. What is this obsession? Did the CEO of Verizon run over your dog?
    I've had plenty of criticism for AT&T too. I make fun of their inability to ever finish a network upgrade every chance I get. I am technically a Verizon customer as of right now, even though I won't be in a day or two. That line is getting ported to Google Fi. I have a new line in my other phone from MintSIM for GPS and backup duty.

I'm pretty sure signing up for another name after being banned is against the rules. Not sure why you haven't been banned again. It's obvious you are GSMinCT. Just admit it or are you going to be a coward?
    Maybe I'm not this GSMinCT character you speak of?

GSMinCT last post 06-28-2018, 10:04 PM

06-29-2018
    Those dates are purely a coincidence.

They seem to still be running EVDO, but they could nuke that tomorrow and cut CDMA/1x down to 1.25x1.25 or 2.5x2.5 in markets where they have B5. In the remaining markets, they could keep it contained to 5x5 of B2. CDMA could live well beyond the end of it's use of any spectrum that's going to be used for LTE or 5G.

Despite the fact that At&t and T-Mobile's 5G deployment ALL involve mmwave. And T-Mobile spent over $840 mil acquiring nearly nationwide 24 GHz spectrum and a lot of 28 GHz spectrum and already owns some 39 GHz spectrum
    TMUS is hedging their bets. If the S merger fails, they have something to fall back on for dense urban cores. T can use it for some dense urban cores. Neither one needs small cells all over the place for LTE like Verizon does. T and TMUS don't have small cells deployed in leafy exurbs/small towns of 7,000 people like Verizon does. TMUS doesn't have many customers in those areas, and T has B2/4/5/12/14/29/30/66 all deployed in many of those areas, and if they don't they can go back and add that spectrum to their macros.

mmWave is never going to do much for mobile because a small cell grid dense enough to actually use it won't have capacity issues on sub-6 LTE. There's basically 2 major use cases for it, the first being outdoor concerts/festivals/fairs, the second being home broadband with permanently installed antennas. For stadiums and other permanent venues, it might help a bit, but they already use fiber-fed DAS with highly densified low power antennas.
    Last edited by SoxFan76; 08-16-2019 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo

Device(s)
    Moto 5G+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a fUDP with 5 lines paying $200. If I change to this new plan moving 3 lines to Play More and 2 to Start I will pay $180. Can anyone tell me what I lose (if anything) by moving and if there's any reason I shouldn't? The 2 on Start wouldn't be power users, and never use hotspot.
    Edited to add: also one of the users that would be on the Play more pays separately for Apple music, so there would be that $9.99 savings as well.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsg1 View Post
    I have a fUDP with 5 lines paying $200. If I change to this new plan moving 3 lines to Play More and 2 to Start I will pay $180. Can anyone tell me what I lose (if anything) by moving and if there's any reason I shouldn't? The 2 on Start wouldn't be power users, and never use hotspot.
    Edited to add: also one of the users that would be on the Play more pays separately for Apple music, so there would be that $9.99 savings as well.

Thanks
    You wouldn't lose anything. I'm in a similar situation and was thinking of moving two of the lines to Start plan and the rest on Play More.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    There are more helpful advice in the reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ld_you_switch/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9