Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

Feedback Score

4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

Per Droid Life

You may recall a few weeks back when we noticed a reference to unlimited plans on Verizon’s website that didn’t actually exist, almost as if they were hinting at new plans close to being announced. Today, we’ve got details on those new plans that should arrive within the next week.

According to a reliable source, Verizon will introduce four new unlimited plans called Get More, Do More, Play More, and Start Unlimited. These new plans certainly give Verizon customers more choice (and confusion), but they appear to be at lower starting prices than Verizon’s current Above, Beyond, and Go Unlimited plans.
    Name:  Verizon-Get-Do-Play-Start-Unlimited.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  88.3 KB

What’s different here compared to the old plans? For one, the top Get More plan is $5 cheaper (with autopay) than the current Above Unlimited plan on all line situations. In addition to the cheaper price, it’s basically the same plan, only now it includes 30GB LTE hotspot vs. the 20GB it previously had. But you still have 75GB of premium data there, free Apple Music and 5G access, and 720p HD streaming.

The confusing part here are the separated Do More and Play More Plans. They cost the exact same amount at all line setups, but differ in a couple of areas. Do More has more premium LTE data (50GB) to use each month, but only 480p video streaming and 6 months of free Apple Music. The Play More plan has less premium LTE data (25GB), but has 720p video streaming and free Apple Music for longer than 6 months.

The Get More and Do More plans give customers a 50% discount on tablet and jetpack unlimited plans, plus all plans now include 500GB of Verizon Cloud Storage. That perk used to only be included in the Above Unlimited plan.

Finally, the Start Unlimited is obviously the entry-level plan that replaces the Go Unlimited option. It features no premium LTE data, no hotspot, and 480p video streaming. It’s $5 cheaper for all line setups, though.

We’re told that the new unlimited plan line-up will be introduced tomorrow (8/2) and available starting 8/5.

We reached out to Verizon for comment and will update this post should we hear back.

Play More looks comparable to fUDP up to 4 lines. It looks like it doesn't make sense to switch at 5+ lines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benwoohoo View Post
    Per Droid Life

Play More looks comparable to fUDP up to 4 lines. It looks like it doesn't make sense to switch at 5+ lines.
    So does this explain why the 55+ plan went back to stating only Florida?

Play More 5 lines =$200; fUDP 5 lines=$200. At 6 lines Play More is $20 more. You'll have to ask if 3 GB more "Premium Data", 500 GB Cloud and Apple Music is worth $20. Of course I assume you can mix and match still.

Start = For those on Go who don't use Hotspot is least $5 a month cheaper. Have 4 lines might go this route to save $20 a month. Actually $18 after the Admin Fee increase

Overall better than the old plans but people will still complain. If one is on Above, Beyond or fUDP( 5 liens or less ) I don't see why you wouldn't switch to the new plans

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

I have 2 lines on the fUDP and the I also have the $10 FiOS loyalty discount so my bill with auto debit is $130.00/month. Will the FiOS loyalty discount apply to the new plans?

I wonder if they’ll release more details on this soon?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Carrier History:
    Verizon Wireless 3/2019 -
    AT&T 12/2017 - 3/2019
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Feedback Score
    Wait, what? the people over at cnet.com think this is a price cut. That can't be right. https://www.cnet.com/news/verizons-4...ing-price-cut/

Everyone knows that after a consolidation in a given industry, prices go UP! There has to be more to it than that.
    Last edited by Greenmule; 08-02-2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added link

Feedback Score
    From my perspective as a single-line customer, why would I pay $70/month for unlimited LTE data that is always optimized for congestion and likely won't get you more than 480p streaming when I could pay $60/month at TMo for unlimited LTE data that only gets optimized after 50 GB and doesn't throttle streaming? And then take that extra $10/mo left over and get music streaming?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL241 View Post
    From my perspective as a single-line customer, why would I pay $70/month for unlimited LTE data that is always optimized for congestion and likely won't get you more than 480p streaming when I could pay $60/month at TMo for unlimited LTE data that only gets optimized after 50 GB and doesn't throttle streaming? And then take that extra $10/mo left over and get music streaming?
    If you have access to T-Mobile and it's actually good in your area more power to you. You could have bene saying that with Verizon's current plans for the last 2 years. So it's kind of moot and why even bring it up? For current Verizon customers that wish to remain with Verizon these plans are an improvement Which will make it LESS likely for people switch no matter how better T-Mobile's plans are. We currently have Go and Start is the same without hotspot( which we don't use ) and will save us $20. And yes T-Mobile's essentials plan is exactly the same as start and is exactly the same and is $20 less than Start, T-Mobile is going to have to improve enough in our area to justify making the switch and all the hassle to save $20.

Also other than the better video streaming ( which people realistically won't notice a difference on a phone ) Which T-Mobile plan is better than Get More that has 75 GB priority data and 30 GB hotpsot?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you have access to T-Mobile and it's actually good in your area more power to you. You could have bene saying that with Verizon's current plans for the last 2 years. So it's kind of moot and why even bring it up? For current Verizon customers that wish to remain with Verizon these plans are an improvement Which will make it LESS likely for people switch no matter how better T-Mobile's plans are. We currently have Go and Start is the same without hotspot( which we don't use ) and will save us $20. And yes T-Mobile's essentials plan is exactly the same as start and is exactly the same and is $20 less than Start, T-Mobile is going to have to improve enough in our area to justify making the switch and all the hassle to save $20.

Also other than the better video streaming ( which people realistically won't notice a difference on a phone ) Which T-Mobile plan is better than Get More that has 75 GB priority data and 30 GB hotpsot?
    I used to have their unlimited talk/text plan with 5GB of data, that was about $55/month. I didn't really want to deal with overages or throttling anymore and I personally didn't feel that spending $15 more was worth it.
    I have Essentials, which has a soft cutoff of 50GB. After that the terms allow them to prioritize traffic, but everyone I've spoken to online says they get throttled very rarely. I've been able to stream in from youtube in 4K with no hiccups. Verizon's coverage was always great and not the reason I switched. I switched because TMo was the better value and less restrictive.

Feedback Score
    I used to have their unlimited talk/text plan with 5GB of data, that was about $55/month. I didn't really want to deal with overages or throttling anymore and I personally didn't feel that spending $15 more was worth it.
    You do know that safety mode has been available for 3 years now. It's free and prevents overages.

I have Essentials, which has a soft cutoff of 50GB. After that the terms allow them to prioritize traffic, but everyone I've spoken to online says they get throttled very rarely. I've been able to stream in from youtube in 4K with no hiccups. Verizon's coverage was always great and not the reason I switched. I switched because TMo was the better value and less restrictive.
    A) I my area Verizon's depri is not an issue. Of course every area is different. As I said if one lives in an area where Verizon and T-Mobile coverage are equal then yes it would be dumb to stick with Verizon. We live in a rural area and $5 a month more per line worth knowing the coverage will be there when needed. Sprint has literally ZERO coverage in our area( it has licenses but has never bother to deploy spectrum )if this merger goes through and T-Mobile actually decides to deploy Sprint's spectrum here maybe things will change.

B) Essentials plan clearly says the video is 480p. Also I'll keep saying you're not going to tell a difference with 4K or 1080p on a phone. You're just wasting bandwidth. My PC monitor and TV are 1080p if I can't a difference on those a phone isn't going to matter. And even if one can tell it's not really going to be that much of a difference. Also if PQ is so important why is one watching on a phone? Nothing I watch on a phone is something that needs super HD resolution. Anything of value worth watching I'll wait until I have access to a larger screen.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Tmobile does throttled video streams to 1.5Mbps.
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Few thoughts:

1. Having two middleground plans is absurdly confusing. I'm really not sure who they are targeting, as there isn't a default plan anymore. They really should have just skipped Play More, as it will put more load on the network with 720p than Do More, which throttles video back to 480p, and Do More seems like it's better since 50 is a bigger number than 25 and Americans like everything big.

2. It's pathetic that there is a postpaid depri plan. Of course prepaid is depri, but having postpaid depri as well just doesn't make much sense and really isn't good for their brand.

3. The depri thresholds should be rolling 30-day, not month-reset so that extreme data users would always be depri. This would either encourage less consumption or drive monetization for users who use just over the limit most months, as they would be constantly depri, not just for a few days at the end of the month.

3. The 5G UWB play is interesting. It's truly Unlimited. It will be another year or two before a lot of those phones are out, but they are encouraging people to use that as their home internet if they are within range of a 5G UWB small cell.

4. Does the Get More Unlimited still have the global day passes included that the top plan has now? If it doesn't, that's a HUGE cut, as that's the primary attraction to that plan. They need better international offerings given when T-Mobile has. You'd think they would at least offer day passes or something like what T-Mobile does on their top plan.

All of these carriers have WAY too many plans. AT&T has 5 different versions of GB bucket plans out there, I think Verizon takes the cake for the number of different versions of Unlimited. It's absurd. Their billing and support systems must be a nightmare. They should de-grandfather and just offer good per-GB plans and good Unlimited plans, and then keep those plans forever, but just change what they get in them as the market changes as opposed to making whole new plans and grandfathering people on the last set of plans. It's completely insane.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Few thoughts:

1. Having two middleground plans is absurdly confusing. I'm really not sure who they are targeting, as there isn't a default plan anymore.
    It's pretty simple would you rather have more priority data or better video? If you're not a big video watcher or you get that there's really no difference on a phone then maybe more priority data matters more

They really should have just skipped Play More, as it will put more load on the network with 720p than Do More, which throttles video back to 480p,
    It's the same as Beyond/New Verizon plans expect 3 GB more priority data. It's not going to put that much more strain on the network. and unless Verizon learned how to ban/throttle VPNs, a lot of people know using one bypasses the video throttle limit

2. It's pathetic that there is a postpaid depri plan. Of course prepaid is depri, but having postpaid depri as well just doesn't make much sense and really isn't good for their brand.
    You constantly talk about the network being stressed and now you complain about a plan that addresses that? It's a choice. I have Go. I CHOOSE to have it. I'm not forced. When we switch to start that will also be a CHOICE. You seem anti-choice and want people to pay more

3. The depri thresholds should be rolling 30-day, not month-reset so that extreme data users would always be depri. This would either encourage less consumption or drive monetization for users who use just over the limit most months, as they would be constantly depri, not just for a few days at the end of the month.
    That's not even how depri works. You are only depri during times of congestion. Not once you reach a certain limit. I'm on go which is also subject to depri yet I rarely encounter slow speeds. Hell I've gotten over 100 Mbps on a supposedly depried plan. Someone could use 500 GB and never encounter depri

3. The 5G UWB play is interesting. It's truly Unlimited. It will be another year or two before a lot of those phones are out, but they are encouraging people to use that as their home internet if they are within range of a 5G UWB small cell.
    This has been part of current plans for a couple of months now. And I doubt mmwave is going to reach inside homes very often. Verizon already offers a 5G home internet product. Also who cares if they use it for home internet? Just on 28 GHz they have at least 425 MHz od spectrum and as much as 850 MHz in some areas. You're not saturating that

All of these carriers have WAY too many plans. AT&T has 5 different versions of GB bucket plans out there, I think Verizon takes the cake for the number of different versions of Unlimited. It's absurd. Their billing and support systems must be a nightmare. They should de-grandfather and just offer good per-GB plans and good Unlimited plans, and then keep those plans forever, but just change what they get in them as the market changes as opposed to making whole new plans and grandfathering people on the last set of plans. It's completely insane.
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 1189
Size:  558.4 KB

You're not even a Verizon customer nor do you intend on being one.

Attachment 163521

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have the fUDP and plan to switch.
    There isn't any real downside. I have 4 lines at $100 base then $20 per line access.
    So I pay $180 with 25GB of data. With the new plans I can get 50GB of data or AppleMusic for free.
    On my line I'm opting for the data. For the other lines they get AppleMusic and better video.
    Same bill.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Tmobile does throttled video streams to 1.5Mbps.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    I'm just saying, it's never happened to me. If I go into stats for nerds it's downloading at 50-70 mbps.

In the wood's of Maryland's eastern shore.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If I have 4 lines on any of these plan's whats the cost for a tablet or a jetpack.

Feedback Score
    I'm just saying, it's never happened to me. If I go into stats for nerds it's downloading at 50-70 mbps.
    I'm on Go Plan and YouTube does the same thing. Doesn't mean it's correct

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast