Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4 New Unlimited Plans to be Announced Tomorrow (8/2/19)

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Nobody knows for sure. The above posters are just assuming that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Darn. I was considering moving up from the abysmal Go plan to Do More plan for my single line account for a few reasons. I probably still will but was just hoping to add it to the list of benefits I'd have versus sitting complacent. I don't have plans to buy a 5G handset anytime soon, or even expect to see any sizable deployment in my town of Louisville, KY anytime soon so I guess I'll just wait for the dust to settle...

--Kidd
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrell89 View Post
    No ones more idiotic than AT&T though.
    5 different video services
    That is entirely true. AT&T's branding is completely idiotic, as are their wireless plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    You know how fast EVERY carrier would go back to tiered data? And they be the same price. You rather have that? Because no 4G network can handle unlimited data with no restrictions and unlimited plans would be restricted to 5G and be separate from 4G plans
    I would rather have limited plans with tools to manage user consumption on a per-line basis with hard throttle points. Or just have everything UBB, so all phones would cost $20/mo for unlimited talk/text and data would be $0.25c/MB domestically or something like that. Basically Google Fi but with the domestic data pricing fixed.

Otherwise though, you're right, the network can't handle UDPs now, much less if they were truly unrestricted UDPs.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    A)Tablet and Jetpack are the same pricing
    If these things are really $10/mo per jetpack with the top plan now having 30GB/line of MHS, that's a pretty good deal for rural or RV users who are relying on these for internet connectivity. Obviously not as good as pUDP though assuming you don't have congestion issues.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    If these things are really $10/mo per jetpack with the top plan now having 30GB/line of MHS, that's a pretty good deal for rural or RV users who are relying on these for internet connectivity. Obviously not as good as pUDP though assuming you don't have congestion issues.
    My pUDP gets slammed once the sun rises. Sigh!!! I just happened to run some speed tests today since the 8800L got updated yesterday. Before 6am I got 28mb down. At 6:30a it was 12gb down. By 7am my speed was down to 2-4gb down.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Galaxy S9 Plus, LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ok, let me run this scenario by some of you who have or understand this new plan better than myself, maybe you can clear something up for me.

currently have 5 voice lines and a unlimited tablet on the fUDP (6 lines total, $220+tax/fees). 1 of those lines i don't use anymore, just haven't shut it off because its probably impossible to add a new line to that plan by now. So if i switch to these new plans, i can get rid of it.

i went on the verizon website and built a new plan structure, as if i was a new customer. line 1 is on GET MORE at $65, lines 2-4 are on PLAY MORE at $55, and line 5 is on an unlimited data only for a tablet (50% off with GET MORE) at $10. Total on that says in the top right corner $240 a month.

So far that all is clear, whats not clear is under each line, lines 1-4, not the data only line, it says "Save $10/mo for qualifying line each month when you sign up for paper-free billing and Auto Pay (Using bank account or debit Card)". Does this mean if i auto pay I will get $40 off the $240 a month price, -$10 a month for each qualifying voice lines? So my bill would be $200 a month? And I also have access to the first responder discount if it applies to these new plans? Pretty sure it does, but if i just want to double check before i make the switch away from my fUDP and learn i was wrong. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Yes, doing billing with autopay using a debit card or checking account gets you $10/voice line off. I just made that change yesterday when I changed my line subscriptions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    My pUDP gets slammed once the sun rises. Sigh!!! I just happened to run some speed tests today since the 8800L got updated yesterday. Before 6am I got 28mb down. At 6:30a it was 12gb down. By 7am my speed was down to 2-4gb down.
    Unfortunately that seems to be a common theme with Verizon. They do have amazing coverage but they are the first to get bogged down with congestion but they have more subscribers so what do you expect. It’s the same for me where I live. At 3 am hitting 30 is no issue but during the day I’m lucky to hit 3Mbps but they do have more consistent service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydp211 View Post
    Yes, doing billing with autopay using a debit card or checking account gets you $10/voice line off. I just made that change yesterday when I changed my line subscriptions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Although I know paying in advanced isn’t prepay but I wish Verizon or AT&T did something similar with post pay when you could pay months in advance and get a discount while keeping all the perks of post pay.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Nobody knows for sure. The above posters are just assuming that.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    I switched to Do More for the 50GB priority and LTE speed hotspot. With the new plans it only costs me $5 net more per month. Well worth that.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrell89 View Post
    No ones more idiotic than AT&T though.
    5 different video services
    U-Verse
    DirecTV
    AT&T Now ( formally DirecTV Now)
    ATT Watch TV
    AT&T TV-launching soon via a dedicated android set top box.

That’s idiotic,and their numbers keep dropping like a bad bout of diarrhea.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    You forgot about HBO MAX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    You forgot about HBO MAX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Um..... from 3 days ago https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...8#post17088438

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieL241 View Post
    ...why would I pay $70/month for unlimited LTE data that is always optimized for congestion and likely won't get you more than 480p streaming when I could pay $60/month at TMo for unlimited LTE data that only gets optimized after 50 GB and doesn't throttle streaming?
    Is that a trick question or are you just really bad at trolling? I mean, here I am on holiday in the bush of Eastern Mass (well Cape Cod, but whatever) and I'm on my backup Redpocket CDMA line because once you leave town T-Mo signal has a way of vanishing even though it's a fairly densely populated area without any physical features to block signal. I'm paying $5/mo for the backup phone. If I were the sort of person who needed unlimited data all the time $10, $20 or even $30 extra a month doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of money to pay in exchange for the convenience of not walking with a backup phone.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scrip_>^..^< View Post
    Is that a trick question or are you just really bad at trolling? I mean, here I am on holiday in the bush of Eastern Mass (well Cape Cod, but whatever) and I'm on my backup Redpocket CDMA line because once you leave town T-Mo signal has a way of vanishing even though it's a fairly densely populated area without any physical features to block signal. I'm paying $5/mo for the backup phone. If I were the sort of person who needed unlimited data all the time $10, $20 or even $30 extra a month doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of money to pay in exchange for the convenience of not walking with a backup phone.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    People with their attitude assumes T-Mobile works awesome everywhere. Of course if T-Mobile is just as good as Verizon everywhere one goes then it would be dumb to pay more with Verizon. Of course that's IF. Some people purchase everything base on price alone and don't care about quality

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scrip_>^..^< View Post
    Is that a trick question or are you just really bad at trolling? I mean, here I am on holiday in the bush of Eastern Mass (well Cape Cod, but whatever) and I'm on my backup Redpocket CDMA line because once you leave town T-Mo signal has a way of vanishing even though it's a fairly densely populated area without any physical features to block signal.
    But the reason question is why would someone not just get Verizon Prepaid or Total Wireless or something. Verizon Prepaid is a really good deal with the double data promos, and it has some global roaming, as well as Extended and Roaming coverage.

Also, what happened to the Travel Passes that came with Above Unlimited? Why are AT&T and Verizon not doing anything to counter the single biggest draw that T-Mobile has over higher-income customers? Their global roaming packages are comically absurd pricing wise when you look at what T-Mobile, and by extension, Google Fi are doing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    But the reason question is why would someone not just get Verizon Prepaid or Total Wireless or something. Verizon Prepaid is a really good deal with the double data promos, and it has some global roaming, as well as Extended and Roaming coverage.
    Someone who wants an unlimited plan with hotspot and some level of priority data. Someone who wants the ability to finance a phone

Also, what happened to the Travel Passes that came with Above Unlimited? Why are AT&T and Verizon not doing anything to counter the single biggest draw that T-Mobile has over higher-income customers? Their global roaming packages are comically absurd pricing wise when you look at what T-Mobile, and by extension, Google Fi are doing.
    Rich people aren't worried about costs. And if they are they wouldn't be with Verizon even if they matched T-Mobile's travel perks. Also rich people are a small portion of customers

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast