Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: why do verizon basic phones only store media files ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    The existing Samsung Convoy 3 (You know the one from August 2013? Yeah that one) that I use every day.
    It has an app store (everything is stupid expensive but it's there), no 3rd party app support but that has never been a thing on verizon basic phones.

It also has a camera flash that doubles as a flashlight.

The only thing i'm wanting that's a little out of the ordinary is the flashlight, everything else (cept third party app support which I only mentioned because they removed the store) has been standard features on their basic phones back to the 1x texting phone days.
    Both these have camera with flash

https://www.verizonwireless.com/basi...sku=sku2690148
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/basi...sku=sku3370232

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I think what's being said here about some wanting a flip is that it not be a basic flip but a "smart" flip. Something you use as a phone the vast majority of the time but have an efficient ability to occasionally check email, a map, google, bank etc; with the form factor/size of a flip to easily stick in a pocket. Yes I understand when you use it a folded 4" flip would be longer then a 6" smart but no different then a land line, narrower and easier to use as a phone, the purpose is convenient carry and phone use, not as a computer. Yes not for everyone. No one's going to take away your 6.5" screen. But there is still an adequate market out there for a "smart" flip. The smartphone technology exists, it's simply repackaging. The ones I see being developed for the US market are going in the opposite direction. Making big even bigger instead of big to smaller like the ones developed for the SE Asian market. All the spies in the movies have smart flips, why can't we
    If there was market for these in the US they would be making them and selling them in the US. It's that simple. No company isn't going to invest millions in making a new flip when it likely sell less than 6 figures

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If there was market for these in the US they would be making them and selling them in the US. It's that simple. No company isn't going to invest millions in making a new flip when it likely sell less than 6 figures
    Just takes a better processor, more internal memory, and android in a current 4G/LTE flip. Not rocket science or reinventing the wheel. Flip phone sales are way over 6 figures even in the USA. Maybe not near todays conventional smarts but its' there. Right now the markets geared to bigger. There's quite a few good articles on the flip and practically sized flats coming back. It'll come.

Feedback Score
    The first is the Dura XV LTE that I already mentioned does not have an app store and has been stripped of other basic features making it unusable, I detailed that and my other complaints about that model here https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...mplaint-thread last year.

The second (the sonim xp5s) might do what I want but I haven't tried it because it isn't a flip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Just takes a better processor, more internal memory, and android in a current 4G/LTE flip. Not rocket science or reinventing the wheel. Flip phone sales are way over 6 figures even in the USA. Maybe not near todays conventional smarts but its' there. Right now the markets geared to bigger. There's quite a few good articles on the flip and practically sized flats coming back. It'll come.
    Then go build one and sell it. problem solved. I mean it's so easy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    The first is the Dura XV LTE that I already mentioned does not have an app store and has been stripped of other basic features making it unusable, I detailed that and my other complaints about that model here https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...mplaint-thread last year.

The second (the sonim xp5s) might do what I want but I haven't tried it because it isn't a flip.
    The move on to another carrier because that is what is available. You have choices for phones and you don't like any of them and that's your right, but the choices are what they are and if you're waiting for something better you're just going to be constantly disappointed. So as I said move on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    The move on to another carrier because that is what is available. You have choices for phones and you don't like any of them and that's your right, but the choices are what they are and if you're waiting for something better you're just going to be constantly disappointed. So as I said move on.
    There is no other carrier in the area that has as good of coverage. AT&T is comparable but still noticeably less and that would require either paying significantly more or switching everyone else too.
    Barring the 2G shutdown I can and most likely will continue to wait on better options as I have no other pressing reason to upgrade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3