Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New AT&T Prepaid Deals:

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does att $35 plan still lift throttle after 1gb used up?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by twiinciity View Post
    Does att $35 plan still lift throttle after 1gb used up?
    What does this mean? Never heard of a throttle being lifted until a new billing cycle.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Instead of 128kbps it was like 250-300kbps maybe that has changed🤷🏾*♂️

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has anyone signed up for this & seen the whole deal/how it works in reality?

The fine print says the $25 price gets taxes & fees added to it (which I take to mean that the monthly payment deducted from the $300 prepay would be more than $25). There is also a $5 + tax charge for a SIM, which is not removable from your shopping cart unless you buy a phone instead.

BTW, it looks like throttled data after 8GB unless you have carry-over or add high-speed data. Not hard-capped, right?

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wIsiwYg View Post
    Has anyone signed up for this & seen the whole deal/how it works in reality?

The fine print says the $25 price gets taxes & fees added to it (which I take to mean that the monthly payment deducted from the $300 prepay would be more than $25). There is also a $5 + tax charge for a SIM, which is not removable from your shopping cart unless you buy a phone instead.

BTW, it looks like throttled data after 8GB unless you have carry-over or add high-speed data. Not hard-capped, right?
    When you pay for AT&T for service they collect the same point of sale taxes that you would pay if you bought an AT&T Prepaid card at brick and mortar store like Walgreens or Best Buy in same city and state as your credit card address billing address. The taxes would be added to the $300 when you pay for it, not deducted monthly

Point of sale taxes vary by state and city, town or county. In most places you pay state and local sales tax and possibly an e911 fee. Typically 10% or less, except in a few places like Chicago that have a high 911 fee (Chicago 9% 911 fee plus a 10.35% sales tax rate).

Yes, the plan includes unlimited 128 mbps throttled data in any month where you use up all your high speed data.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    When you pay for AT&T for service they collect the same point of sale taxes that you would pay if you bought an AT&T Prepaid card at brick and mortar store like Walgreens or Best Buy in same city and state as your credit card address billing address. The taxes would be added to the $300 when you pay for it, not deducted monthly

Point of sale taxes vary by state and city, town or county. In most places you pay state and local sales tax and possibly an e911 fee. Typically 10% or less, except in a few places like Chicago that have a high 911 fee (Chicago 9% 911 fee plus a 10.35% sales tax rate).

Yes, the plan includes unlimited 128 mbps throttled data in any month where you use up all your high speed data.
    Off topic , does your prepaid compare site list plans that work in Canada?

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    Off topic , does your prepaid compare site list plans that work in Canada?
    No, US only.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I'm the third person to ask, can existing customers get this $25/mo deal by paying a year in advance? Does it include rollover and sponsored data (i.e. DirecTv Now)? Website doesn't say.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Pretty sure it’s the same as the “usual” 8GB plan before any of the bonus data offers came around... so it would include sponsored data.

Also unclear about existing customers but I would guess you’d need to port away to take advantage similar to getting other deals. Odd thing is the information doesn’t explicitly say new lines only (but it does say excludes upgrades).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by thref23 View Post
    I think I'm the third person to ask, can existing customers get this $25/mo deal by paying a year in advance? Does it include rollover and sponsored data (i.e. DirecTv Now)? Website doesn't say.
    AFAIK it's only for new line of service so you can't switch your existing att prepaid plan. Att postpaid and cricket wireless customers have been able to sign up with CSR help (check Slickdeals). It includes rollover. I think it does include sponsored data but someone else who has used data in this way can give a definite answer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by thref23 View Post
    I think I'm the third person to ask, can existing customers get this $25/mo deal by paying a year in advance?
    You have brought up an important issue -- indeed an issue that involves false advertising. On the relevant ATT web page, it just says the following regarding this issue: "Excludes upgrades". But contrary to that advertising, ATT is actually allowing the advertised deal for new accounts only. So a customer who is already on the 8 GB plan and does not want to upgrade his/her plan but simply wants to pay a year in advance and thereby get a lower price is not being allowed to do so. In summary, this is blatantly false advertising because the advertisement says "excludes upgrades", not "for new accounts only".

Relevant ATT web page:
    https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

LATE NOTE: Disregard what I wrote above. The disclaimer now includes this wording: "Requires new activation." The disclaimer did not include that wording when I complained to ATT about this issue a few hours ago, and I'm guessing they edited the disclaimer because of my complaint.
    Last edited by Pomgup; 08-22-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2