Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Where is the B13-only coverage? That seems kind of nuts in this day and age.
    Huge areas near my house. Not rural. B13 is the only coverage here.

Same spot coming back after swapping SIMs. Blazing speeds, 4xCA using a variation of B2, 5, 12, 14, 29, 30, 66.Name:  Screenshot_20190814-000105~2.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  29.6 KBName:  Screenshot_20190814-000238~2.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  30.2 KB

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    To the OP.
    I switched from the fUDP to the new Get More plan.
    I don't see any throttling before or after the change.

It would be helpful if you indicated signal strength and gave some numbers from Speedtest.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    My house. My entire neighborhood. Chicago suburbs.
    Oh, you're talking about the edges of the tower. I thought this discussion was about B13-only towers, but maybe not? If B2 is tuned properly, it will cover almost the same outdoor areas as B13 as long as it's not too mountains/heavy foliage.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon unlimited data plan speed decreased

Maybe they did mean Band 13 only towers. But either way the end result is the same.

As for mid band, it’s the Midwest, so no mountains here. But the subdivision is heavily wooded and in a low-lying area. Only AT&T works here with any reliability for usable data, and even that’s usually 5-8Mbps Band 12 only. Unless it’s winter when the leaves fall off the trees and it gets dry, when you can get somewhat faster speeds on Band 2 from time to time.

Voice works reliably on Verizon though, which is really all that matters since I’m on Wi-Fi at home and my Verizon line is my work phone. I can be unavailable on Slack for 5 minutes in the car until I get out of the subdivision and onto the major roads, they will live!

I doubt anyone around here is trying to use their cell phone for their primary internet or anything and I’m sure there are some NIMBY issues based on knowing my neighbors for a decade plus, so it probably makes business sense for the carriers to just leave the dead zone alone as long as phone calls work here.

But at any rate, from a usability standpoint it’s the same as if the local cell site was Band 13 only, because it’s just as congested with everyone trying to use it because there’s no mid band signal to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    AT&T unlimited iPad plan- $35 after 22GB you may be slowed. Plenty of people use this plan in a hotspot. There’s a thread on the AT&T forum about it.

I tried Verizon prepaid and in the afternoon I couldn’t get above 5 Mbps. Back on AT&T prepaid and I don’t get below 40 Mbps in the afternoon.
    What's weird is with the ipad plan i get 15mbps down (before 22gb) in a custom built we826t router with an mc7455 air card in it with stock paddle antennas at 2am... And my signal is crappy enough to only give one bar (around -120 dBm) of band 2 on at&t with Verizon on my s10 5G i see 2-3 bars (around -100 dBm) on band 13 and see no more than 3mbps down even at 2am with less than 75gb usage in the billing cycle... Heck i see this with only 5gb used in the billing cycle

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Maybe they did mean Band 13 only towers. But either way the end result is the same.
    It's different though, as if the tower has B2/4, then users closer to the tower should be on those bands, with B5/13 used for users farther away.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    What's weird is with the ipad plan i get 15mbps down (before 22gb) in a custom built we826t router with an mc7455 air card in it with stock paddle antennas at 2am... And my signal is crappy enough to only give one bar (around -120 dBm) of band 2 on at&t with Verizon on my s10 5G i see 2-3 bars (around -100 dBm) on band 13 and see no more than 3mbps down even at 2am with less than 75gb usage in the billing cycle... Heck i see this with only 5gb used in the billing cycle
    It depends on congestion too. I've been on very weak B2 or B30 on AT&T and pulled speeds well into the double-digits. LTE doesn't reach quite as far as CDMA or WCDMA, but it works a lot better with weaker signal... right up until it doesn't work at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2