Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Factory unlocked vs T-Mobile Branded Note 10+

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Samsung Factory unlocked vs T-Mobile Branded Note 10+

Pulled the plug and traded T-Mobile Note 9 for Samsung Factory unlocked Note 10+. $600 trade and $150 product credit sucked me in.
    Since the Note 10+ has not hit the streets yet there is no way to be sure.
    However, I was wondering if any Note 9 users (T-Mobile and Samsung unlocked) can shed some light as to what the differences are on that model.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pete

Device(s)
    Samung S9 Plus Factory unlocked OnePlus 6T Galaxy tab A GSM
    Carrier(s)
    TMOBILE USA ,ORANGE SPAIN
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    very easy no T Mobile pre loaded bloat apps plus you will not get the built in video calling that is baked into the t mobile firmware via the phone dial pad volte wifi calling and all the LTE frequencies are the same ... you will get what ever Samsung pre loads with no carrier firmware. As soon as you insert the sim card the Samsung firmware installs all the parameters for t mobile network such as wifi calling and Volte. No video calling since as stated above its part of the T mobile variant hope this helps

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awesome and congrats.

Did you pre-order from Samsung?
    I read the promo but I don't understand how you are getting $600 back. The Note 9 is not a $600 trade in.
    Would you explain it. I'm tempted to do the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mozman View Post
    Awesome and congrats.

Did you pre-order from Samsung?
    I read the promo but I don't understand how you are getting $600 back. The Note 9 is not a $600 trade in.
    Would you explain it. I'm tempted to do the same.

Nevermind. I realized you get $600 trade in for the unlocked version. You get $600 for trading in a note 9 or any S10 phone.

I was trying to get the TMobile version. For that the trade in is only 300 for the note 9.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyman1450 View Post
    very easy no T Mobile pre loaded bloat apps
    What "t-mobile pre loaded bloat apps" are you talking about??

I have a T-Mobile S10+ that I bought from Samsung at launch; it has no such apps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    What "t-mobile pre loaded bloat apps" are you talking about??

I have a T-Mobile S10+ that I bought from Samsung at launch; it has no such apps.

you stand semi correct nothing like ATT And Verizon but it it still has

Name ID
    T-Mobile
    Visual Voicemail
    unlock app

he wanted to know the difference and i gave it to to the op

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    you stand semi correct nothing like ATT And Verizon but it it still has

Name ID
    T-Mobile
    Visual Voicemail
    unlock app

he wanted to know the difference and i gave it to to the op
    those aren't bloat. Those are simply T-Mobile specific apps to help you manage your account.

Visual Voicemail? He's going to download that anyway. Name ID? Same thing. T-Mobile account app? It's just like your banking app, or credit card app--it's a handy, non-web-method of accessing your account.

And the unlock app? Really? You consider that bloat? Each phone I get, I unlock. I use that app one time and it's done. Bloat?????

My God. None of that is "bloatware".

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    those aren't bloat. Those are simply T-Mobile specific apps to help you manage your account.
    They are bloat in the fact that the unlocked phone doesn't have those apps on there clogging up space. harleyman1450 is correct about the difference in devices.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Visual Voicemail? He's going to download that anyway. Name ID? Same thing. T-Mobile account app? It's just like your banking app, or credit card app--it's a handy, non-web-method of accessing your account.

And the unlock app? Really? You consider that bloat? Each phone I get, I unlock. I use that app one time and it's done. Bloat?????

OMG Just stop we are here to help each other the op asked for the difference and i provided the information. Last time i remember anything that is not pure android and is loaded from either t mobile or Samsung or LG is bloatware .... and yes the unlock app and name id and visual voicemail is bloatware last time i had a branded T mobile phone i was unable to remove the apps unless i rooted the device. I personally do not use the in house voice mail i use another (Youmail) and i have no intentions of paying 4.00 bucks a moth for name ID when i get that for free with the Samsung unlocked variant yes they give free Spam protection and name ID . When you buy the T mobile variant they remove that option via their firmware so i guess name id is not bloatware its a helpful app along with their visual voice mail. I would not rant if T mobile and all the other providers gave you the option of removing their apps but when you are unable to do such ITS BLOATWARE in my book. And yes this includes Android they also have bloatware you are unable to remove a lot of Google specific apps that just take up space

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

TMobile PR adapt running in background.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post

English????

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    English????
    Google it..Name:  Screenshot_20190809-173454.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  40.2 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post

excellent point forgot all about that pesky thing this is another reason i will never again buy anything that the carrier touches. Just as a note FYI for everyone in this forum The USA and Canadian operators are the only ones in the world that touch the Android firmware and Taylor it to their F UP specifications. You buy a phone in Europe or any other continent and the worst case scenario the phone will be locked to the carrier until its paid for. You pretty much get a factory unlocked phone that will work in all parts of the world unless the payment requirement is not fulfilled at the time of purchase (Installment payments) then it will remain sim locked until your obligation is met

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    excellent point forgot all about that pesky thing this is another reason i will never again buy anything that the carrier touches. Just as a note FYI for everyone in this forum The USA and Canadian operators are the only ones in the world that touch the Android firmware and Taylor it to their F UP specifications. You buy a phone in Europe or any other continent and the worst case scenario the phone will be locked to the carrier until its paid for. You pretty much get a factory unlocked phone that will work in all parts of the world unless the payment requirement is not fulfilled at the time of purchase (Installment payments) then it will remain sim locked until your obligation is met
    Yep. I've got rid of TMobile VVM and use Google voice for solely voicemail. It also provided transcript for "free". The futures bright , the futures Orange

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No need for Name Id when using the Unlocked version. Samsung includes it at no additional cost. Also using the Unlocked version you can easily bypass tethering restrictions, I won't go into detail.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast