Thread: Forward messages to linked numbers feature under Settings

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Forward messages to linked numbers feature under Settings

As long as I'm using the app, is there any reason to forward messages to a linked number? I use 3 different numbers with GV, but always with the app on the same phone. I'm thinking this feature is for people who use GV with a dumbphone or have a smartphone but don't use the GV app.

Name:  forward messages.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  16.6 KB
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you are always connected via cell phone data or Wi-Fi, then, no, this would serve no purpose for you.

But I'm not, and I rely on this feature to assure that I get an SMS text (or at least a notification of it occurring) when I'm driving or out walking around, out of range of Wi-Fi.

That's what this feature is for. It's a holdover from before smartphones were commonplace and Google Voice worked fine for calls and texts without a whiff of data being mentioned (and of course for folks like me, it still does).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    If you are always connected via cell phone data or Wi-Fi, then, no, this would serve no purpose for you.

But I'm not, and I rely on this feature to assure that I get an SMS text (or at least a notification of it occurring) when I'm driving or out walking around, out of range of Wi-Fi.

That's what this feature is for. It's a holdover from before smartphones were commonplace and Google Voice worked fine for calls and texts without a whiff of data being mentioned (and of course for folks like me, it still does).
    I always have data available, but I still like the fact I can have it off and still receive and send texts. In fact nhave notifications for the gv app switched off..I don't like double notification, besides in have the gv widget, so they're still there regardless.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app