Thread: Feels like Iím being strangled 3/4 of a month

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Feels like Iím being strangled 3/4 of a month

Hello, this is a heartfelt plea to those more knowledgeable than I. Re: rural internet services. I currently live 12 miles outside of the closest town to me. In a ďpoorĒ location for cell reception. My local internet provider does not offer ANY high speed internet access to my location.

Currently I use a Verizon Jet Pack with an ďUnlimited PlanĒ for my whole home internet use. Iím allotted 15 GB of high speed data. Then Iím clocked back to speeds of 600 kbps when those are gone. If anyone has experienced this.... itís awful. Itís only Aug 10th and Iíve already been clocked back this month. So for the next 21 days Iím being strangled any time I want to do ANYTHING ONLINE.

I realize ďjet packsĒ are not designed for whole home use. But I have found nothing else that provides high speed to my home. That doesnít cost a fortune.

As for my usage needs. They are not, what Iíve learned, to be excessive. Itís a single user household. Currently Iíve forced myself to forget using IOT devices. I no longer use my nvidia box for cord cutting. My desktop is disconnected from WiFi unless Iím using it. Basically itís ONLY my cell phone using the jet pack while Iím at home. I ďtryĒ to supplementally use the data plan (LTE) for my phone. But my location causes that to randomly drop off to 1x. Forcing me back to the jet pack. Which maintains signal even though the phone wonít. (That frustrates me to no end!)

My plea today is ...is there ANYTHING out there that will help my situation? My gratitude will be infinite..if you can help me! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    See if you can switch to a post-paid tiered data plan. I am on such a plan with 30GB / month and pay around $185 - all lines share the 30GB and Verizon does not deprioritize. Of course the tower can still see times of congestion which affects all users.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmec View Post
    See if you can switch to a post-paid tiered data plan. I am on such a plan with 30GB / month and pay around $185 - all lines share the 30GB and Verizon does not deprioritize. Of course the tower can still see times of congestion which affects all users.
    Thank you, I will look into it. I Appreciate the suggestion

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
    At that range from a tower (12 miles) I would surely have a Weboost cell booster with a quality antenna inside and outside your home.
    Thank you . I think I might have misspoke about the range. I was referring to the distance to my nearest town is 12 miles. As to the nearest Tower...Iím not entirely sure. I did a search and it showed one tower within a 2 mile radius. When I enter my address on Verizonís coverage locator . It says 4G LTE: excellent. But every time I call Verizon to discuss my issues... their techs tell me itís a ďpoorĒ location.

For instance I just performed a speed check for the jet pack WiFi. My speeds were .23 kbps download & .38 kbps upload. Thatís what happens to me when Verizon clocks me back. Does the Weboost help with that?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What are your speeds with your jetpack when you don't think you're being throttled?

Also what Verizon bands does your jetpack support? And what bands are available in your local area, if you know? My area has bands 4, 13, and 66 available.

Wilson provides different WeBoost options for the home which would help both your cell phone & jetpack: here is just one example. Check out the reviews. Maybe this is all that you need.

https://www.weboost.com/products/connect-home-4g

Another option is to start looking into external antennas and build your own system: e.g. check out the people at the forum / store below, such as picking up a Sierra Wireless EM7565 + enclosure / wireless router + external antenna + perhaps a WeBoost that connects only from the external antenna and then to the EM7565 (so a different product offering from WeBoost than the one shown above).

You wouldn't use the Jetpack anymore, but would take its SIM and insert it into the enclosure that is holding the EM7565. The EM7565 + enclosure + wireless router would replace the jetpack.

This would take a lot more research & effort.

https://ltefix.com/

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also take a look at the prepaid side of Verizon. Right now you can get 30 GB on a jetpack for $65 per month before it's down to the slower speeds. Not enough to get you through the whole month, but it at least double your current situation.