Thread: TF Moto E5 LTE bands

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

TF Moto E5 LTE bands

I'm tempted by the TF Moto E5 bundle on sale at HSN, even though it's a bit big. The idea would be to use it for a year then unlock it for use as a backup phone that could be used in future with any carrier (except Sprint).

The specs on HSN list a pretty complete set of LTE bands, including 3, 7 and 20 for Europe. I can't help being skeptical given that my unlocked Verizon E4 only has bands 2, 4, 5, and 13 enabled so is limited on GSM; the Motorola site shows a smaller set of bands not including 20 for the E5's, but I understand that the TF E5 is a mongrel model anyway.

This is a DL-suffix phone, so does anyone have one working with a TF GSM SIM, and can you confirm that at least the domestic GSM bands (eg: 12,17,30,66) are enabled?

On a related topic, does anyone know of an app that can list the LTE bands a phone supports without requiring root?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sasailor View Post
    This is a DL-suffix phone, so does anyone have one working with a TF GSM SIM, and can you confirm that at least the domestic GSM bands (eg: 12,17,30,66) are enabled?
    I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5 "DL" model which came with a Simple Mobile SIM (which uses T-mobile). I'm using it with a TF BYOP Verizon SIM, and I've tested it using a TF BYOP AT&T SIM from my main phone. Both worked fine. I don't have an app to list the phone's LTE bands.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    On a related topic, does anyone know of an app that can list the LTE bands a phone supports without requiring root?
    Not aware of an app that will read the capabilities of the LTE radios installed, just whatever band is currently being used. Even that is getting poor as the carriers use more of the alternate bands.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm tempted by the TF Moto E5 bundle on sale at HSN, even though it's a bit big. The idea would be to use it for a year then unlock it for use as a backup phone that could be used in future with any carrier (except Sprint). The specs on HSN list a pretty complete set of LTE bands, including 3, 7 and 20 for Europe. I can't help being skeptical given that my unlocked Verizon E4 only has bands 2, 4, 5, and 13 enabled so is limited on GSM; the Motorola site shows a smaller set of bands not including 20 for the E5's, but I understand that the TF E5 is a mongrel model anyway. This is a DL-suffix phone, so does anyone have one working with a TF GSM SIM, and can you confirm that at least the domestic GSM bands (eg: 12,17,30,66) are enabled? On a related topic, does anyone know of an app that can list the LTE bands a phone supports without requiring root? Thanks.
    sites like GSMArena - https://www.gsmarena.com/ and PhoneArena - https://www.phonearena.com/ list the bands the phone uses.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    sites like GSMArena - https://www.gsmarena.com/ and PhoneArena - https://www.phonearena.com/ list the bands the phone uses.
    Not for models custom-made for TF and their subsidiaries.