Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon MVNOs and LTEiRA

Are there any Verizon MVNOs that still have LTEiRA? When it first came out, they couldn't differentiate it, and everyone had it, but now it seems that none of them do. What about roaming? Verizon Prepaid has both, and actually has more coverage on the map than postpaid in some areas (this must be an error), but what about the MVNOs?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Had to look it up. Kind of a shared rural LTE between carriers.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Had to look it up. Kind of a shared rural LTE between carriers.
    They are rural carriers that were/are part of Verizon's CDMA roaming and own the CLR block that Verizon would in most of those areas. They built an LTE network to Verizon specs using Verizon spectrum, and they inter-operate. There is also at least one that is a pure roamer network, Wireless Partners LP that has built out in Northern New Hampshire and Downeast Maine. I'm not sure why Verizon didn't just build out on their own in those areas, but AT&T has been using Northeast Wireless a lot in Maine as well.

Back to the topic at hand, do any MVNOs have access to LTEiRA these days?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S, OG Pixel XL, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon), T-Mobile, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think Tracfone brands still have coverage on LTEiRA. I plan to be going through at least one or two known LTEiRA partner coverage areas late next week (Pioneer Cellular & Bravado Wireless are two partners in Oklahoma that I will pass through) so I may be able to determine this for sure.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    I think Tracfone brands still have coverage on LTEiRA. I plan to be going through at least one or two known LTEiRA partner coverage areas late next week (Pioneer Cellular & Bravado Wireless are two partners in Oklahoma that I will pass through) so I may be able to determine this for sure.
    Yeah, let us know. Do you know if America Movil has LTEiRA through Verizon, or separate agreements with those carriers directly?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I live in Northeast WI and we have the Devil aka Cellcom here. I don't understand why Verizon doesn't get rid of them from the rural agreement. They need Verizon more than Verizon needs them. They are by far my least favorite carrier and the reason I have reception issues up north as well as at work because my work contracts with them for service inside. Cellcom does nothing to improve their network, add capacity, increase speed, and lacks so many features not to mention their prices are high. The prices are actually higher than Verizon for service that is awful and slow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon MVNOs and LTEiRA

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Yeah, let us know. Do you know if America Movil has LTEiRA through Verizon, or separate agreements with those carriers directly?
    I don’t believe on CDMA they have direct roaming agreements with the previously mentioned partners. So most likely it would be through Verizon, with VoLTE as voice.

My experience a few years ago with ST-Verizon: I was still living in Oklahoma when said partners were still rolling out LTE. I had data and text coverage and no voice, but that may have been because of the lack of network differentiation as you mentioned in your OP. VoLTE obviously wasn’t available so my phone had to fallback to CDMA, resulted in “calling card prompts” or just disconnections.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My experience a few years ago with ST-Verizon: I was still living in Oklahoma when said partners were still rolling out LTE. I had data and text coverage and no voice, but that may have been because of the lack of network differentiation as you mentioned in your OP. VoLTE obviously wasn’t available so my phone had to fallback to CDMA, resulted in “calling card prompts” or just disconnections.
    Several years ago, they literally couldn't tell the networks apart on the backend, so MVNOs had access to LTEiRA partners. I'm wondering if they still have access, or if the coverage maps that exclude LTEiRA partners are correct now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom <Tracfone Verizon BYOP < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    - 15 months ago I traveled through a LTEiRA in Kentucky - had LTE Data , so used iPhone FaceTime audio to make calls via data. Could have done the same on Google Hangouts via data. I think texts worked but can’t quite remember.
    Regular calls did NOT work

- 21 months ago traveled through Oklahoma Hwy 69 from I44 to Dallas,Tx. Same LTEiRA story as above.
    - 3 years ago went through NE Wisconsin LTEiRA area - same story.

All of this was before VoLTE, so wander if that has changed things ?
    In Oklahoma, my wife on Boom Mobile had normal service - Voice, Text, Data all worked - that may have changed I’ve heard.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    All of this was before VoLTE, so wander if that has changed things ?
    Yeah, I'm wondering because every MVNO clearly shows no coverage in the 21 carriers that comprise the LTEiRA areas.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon MVNOs and LTEiRA

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering because every MVNO clearly shows no coverage in the 21 carriers that comprise the LTEiRA areas.
    To be fair, many of the MVNO maps are also not up to date. A lot of the older LTEiRA coverage is becoming Verizon native. I know that happened in Oklahoma over the last 4-5 years. Enid, a heavy Pioneer Wireless location back 2012-2013 when I last visited, is now considered a Verizon market and the coverage map shows this. They do not have physical stores there but you can legitimately start service using an Enid physical address.

I explained what happened with my old iPad 3rd Gen in Enid at the time in this thread: Can a "new" iPad roam on an extended network yet with a prepaid plan?
    https://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=14868528

Woodward, which is currently in Extended LTE coverage and also a Pioneer heavy location, is not a Verizon market. This is one area I may pass through late next week so I can test changes.

It’s pretty clear that Verizon is making themselves a rural-level competitor by slowly migrating the rural LTE networks onto their control.
    Last edited by Haas_Dave; 08-16-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Attempted to remove Tapatalk-oriented link to a better one

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    To be fair, many of the MVNO maps are also not up to date. A lot of the older LTEiRA coverage is becoming Verizon native. I know that happened in Oklahoma over the last 4-5 years. Enid, a heavy Pioneer Wireless location back 2012-2013 when I last visited, is now considered a Verizon market and the coverage map shows this. They do not have physical stores there but you can legitimately start service using an Enid physical address.
    Is Pioneer still building the network? To be fair, Verizon's own maps are wrong. They show Prepaid as having more coverage than postpaid which is clearly not right.

It’s pretty clear that Verizon is making themselves a rural-level competitor by slowly migrating the rural LTE networks onto their control.
    I wonder about how they are handling Wireless Partners? They aren't a real mobile carrier, they're just a roaming provider and they sell to this fixed wireless provider:

https://mytrailrunner.com/

Wireless Partners is primarily set up for Verizon, but they claim to sell to the other three major carriers as well.