Thread: Recent Flood of Robocalls

Feedback Score

Recent Flood of Robocalls

Since about August 1, I've been getting tons of robocalls. Has something changed recently within the mobile industry that would cause this? I've had this number for 10 years and only ever got maybe four telemarketing calls a year. Now I get at least four a day.

I haven't given my number out to anyone since last year. I'm also very careful who I give the number to. This phone is primarily for emergencies, so only family and doctor's offices have the number, and Google, but they've had it for a few years.

Oddly, I've gotten a few less calls on my landline.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Nothing changed with the mobile phone industry. Somehow your cell phone # got on someone's marketing list and it will be shared to many others. It is as simple as that. You may not have intentionally given it out, but the deed is done.

You can download spam blocker applications, change your phone #, submit your phone # to the Federal "Do Not Call" list but there are no guarantees in life but death, taxes and SPAM mail/calls. Most of these Spammers realize that the majority of consumers are giving up home phones for cell phones (I haven't had a home phone for almost 25 years).
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    I think I agree with veriztd. Whatever we do, we can't be 100% sure that those robocalls will disappear once you get them. However, if you get those robocalls from legit businesses, I have just read an article that might be interesting for you at https://www.whycall.me/news/my-4500-...-telemarketer/.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Our home phone is provided by Google Voice via an Obi box. My mobile phone is with T-Mobile. Both are proactive about blocking Spammers. I'm not usually bothered by robocalls. Sometimes I get calls on my mobile from numbers I don't recognize. I usually reject them. When we had an AT&T landline, we normally didn't pick it up but rather just let the answering machine screen the calls.
    Donald Newcomb