Thread: S 10 5G question

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

S 10 5G question

i have a question on my S 10 5G. just for laughs i ran the IMEI number on different MVNO'S that run off the verizon network. and it kicks back as not compatible. the reason i am asking this is because i want to goto canada for a few months and wanted to get a different sim so i don't take no chances on getting disconnected LOL. vzw says they won't cut service if you roam to much though i have seen the TOS on here at what point they will cut someone off for to much roaming. i am wondering if it will work with tellus or rogers

Feedback Score
    is the phone unlocked ??

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If it's activated on Verizon postpaid it must be deactivate from Verizon before Verizon will let you use other carriers sim in the S10 5G... I had this problem when I went to Canada as well as I wanted to use Google Fi in my S10 5G but id have to move my number on Verizon to a different phone and put it on my account temporarily or Port my number to Google Fi both which I didn't or couldn't do so in the end I ended up using my Blackberry Key 2 in Canada...

On a side note I got 15 down on Google Fi in Vancouver BC Canada using T-Mobile's roaming... That's better speeds then I get with Verizon at my house in the USA (and Verizon is the best carrier here)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    @ whitieiii all of a sudden i ran the IMEI numbers though t-mo and att and it told me i can use my phone with those two carriers all of a sudden and the phone is still activated on my verizon acct. i dunno what went on maybe the IMEI had to run it's course through a system i dunno. now there are carriers that can't activate it like us celluar spectrum xfinity sprint!!!

Feedback Score
    Verizon unlocks automatically the phones after 60 days if they are paid in full.
    You can then insert any SIM without doing anything on VZW side (except keep paying).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    @ whitieiii all of a sudden i ran the IMEI numbers though t-mo and att and it told me i can use my phone with those two carriers all of a sudden and the phone is still activated on my verizon acct. i dunno what went on maybe the IMEI had to run it's course through a system i dunno. now there are carriers that can't activate it like us celluar spectrum xfinity sprint!!!
    Xfinty and Spectrum only allow certain phones on their systems. No offense but I don't why anyone would get a 5G phone before the new modems come out. That phone will only work on the 28 GHz and the 39 GHz bands. It won't work on the lower bands that will be available starting next year on Verizon and T-Mobil and won't work on the 24 GHz band that T-Mobile recently won at auction

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Xfinty and Spectrum only allow certain phones on their systems. No offense but I don't why anyone would get a 5G phone before the new modems come out. That phone will only work on the 28 GHz and the 39 GHz bands. It won't work on the lower bands that will be available starting next year on Verizon and T-Mobil and won't work on the 24 GHz band that T-Mobile recently won at auction
    The sub 6GHz bands capability might be fixed by a firmware update. The bands are already in the modem, the signal just needs to be patched trough to the 5G demodulator/decoder. Don't know if that patching is possible at hardware level, I assume it can be done.
    Of course that is after FCC and carrier approvals.
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n-x50-5g-modem

Of course, Qualcomm might want to sell the upcoming X55 and don't bother with the "older" X50, so... yes, waiting in the technology arena is always better. Unless you can't wait

PS: mmWave is silly. You need a small cell inside every room of your house to use it.
    https://www.qualcomm.com/media/docum...nfographic.pdf
    Also, millimeter wave signals won’t pass through your hands, 5G phones will need several antenna modules positioned around the periphery. It’s up to the modem to switch between them to get the best signal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    The sub 6GHz bands capability might be fixed by a firmware update. The bands are already in the modem, the signal just needs to be patched trough to the 5G demodulator/decoder. Don't know if that patching is possible at hardware level, I assume it can be done.
    Nope either it has the hardware or it doesn't

PS: mmWave is silly. You need a small cell inside every room of your house to use it.
    You really don't get the point of mmwave do you? No offense. It was never designed to penetrate your house. Why do you think the lower bands still exist? Also like Verizon's 5G home internet they place an antenna OUTSIDE of your house. And this will still be the case with sub 6 GHZ spectrum like 2.5 GHz, CBRS and CBAND as well as 5.9 GHz

Feedback Score
    It doesn't penetrate your HAND. Won't work in cars, won't work in parks with trees, probably won't work on rain or foggy days.
    I forgot... what's the point you are trying to make?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    It doesn't penetrate your HAND. Won't work in cars, won't work in parks with trees, probably won't work on rain or foggy days.
    I forgot... what's the point you are trying to make?
    Hyperbolic much? yes Verizon and at&t are throwing billons away on something that is not working. Funny the people in the few area where Verizon has home internet are not complaining. Why are you being a hate? I really don't get it. Don't like 5G, don't use it. I'll be at least 2-3 years before all phone come with 5G standard.