Thread: Roam "better" with home data to throttle users after 500mb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score

Roam "better" with home data to throttle users after 500mb

starting on November 6, 2019, the Roam Better - with home data feature will include maximum download speeds for up to 500 MB of data usage per day. Beyond 500 MB, speeds will be up to 512 Kbps for the rest of the day, suitable for light web browsing, email and messaging. Data speeds reset at 12:00 a.m. (ET) daily.
    I guess Bell wants to cut their costs to the international providers for data use, really too bad though as this really strips any of the value in the Roam Better feature- why would someone pay $8 or $12 a day for what is basically 500mb of usable data when they could get a much cheaper travel sim? Especially when roaming is one of the situations you may use data the most.

I always used the RLH plans because of the convenience and being able to pick between local networks, but I'd definitely go back to travel sims if all the carriers end up doing this.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for letting us know about this. Roam mobility despite my initial negative reviews on it's previous pricing scheme is starting to look a better. If you've already forwarded your number or will just check voicemail regularly, a local sim is always a cheaper option.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Bell's roaming truly sucks compared to Rogers. In fact Bell's service and coverage is all second rate - couple that to constantly rising rates and I have to wonder how they stay in business.

For your $7 at Rogers you actually get 24 hours of roaming and access to your entire data plan.

For the same money, Bell gives you the balance of the calendar day and almost no data, and for a buck more you now get a partial day (as always) and throttled data.

Between that, and the fact that they don't include call forwarding in their plans (like Rogers does) and their voicemail to text service sucks by comparison to Rogers' and a number of other negatives makes me regret the move.

Once my contract matures I'm back at Rogers.

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by snugglebunny View Post
    Bell's roaming truly sucks compared to Rogers. In fact Bell's service and coverage is all second rate - couple that to constantly rising rates and I have to wonder how they stay in business.
    So I do agree with you the pricing is worse but the coverage here in Ontario at least is vastly superior to Rogers, period.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    So I do agree with you the pricing is worse but the coverage here in Ontario at least is vastly superior to Rogers, period.
    Obviously I can't speak for urban centres in Ontario, but in Montreal Rogers does a better job than Bell and, of course once you leave the cities the network is shared, so coverage is identical.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I in general agree with that... Especially outside the city. Only place where Rogers still has a slight edge is highway 17 between Sault and Thunder Bay and highway 108. Using TMobile, I roam on both.
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.