Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Microsoft "YOUR PHONE" app allows notices from phone to desktop.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    334
    Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Microsoft "YOUR PHONE" app allows notices from phone to desktop.

    Pretty cool app which allows you to get notifications from your Android phone on your Win 10 desktop.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/yo...ot:overviewtab

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,258
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Have you actually tried this? You need to be both WiFi and Bluetooth connected. It will not deal with MMS messages. "You must link your Android phone to your PC through Your Phone app." Huh? It's already in later Win 10 versions.

    https://www.pcworld.com/article/3311...xperience.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    334
    Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Have you actually tried this? You need to be both WiFi and Bluetooth connected. It will not deal with MMS messages. "You must link your Android phone to your PC through Your Phone app." Huh? It's already in later Win 10 versions.

    https://www.pcworld.com/article/3311...xperience.html
    I am getting email notices and SMS messages + the photos from my phone also appear. So YES it's working. What I don't know is if there's much battery drain

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,258
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tlippy View Post
    I am getting email notices and SMS messages + the photos from my phone also appear. So YES it's working. What I don't know is if there's much battery drain
    I would be more concerned with data use, which can also use some battery.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    334
    Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I would be more concerned with data use, which can also use some battery.
    Removed it today. Really didn't find much value and don't know the consequences of battery life or data use. Thank's guys !!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,258
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for telling us about it! I have no need for it either, and was concerned it might interfere with "Messages for web" in the Google Messages app. That does a good job of accessing the phone's messaging system from a computer without going through the hoops of "Your Phone".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Works OK. Not as good as Verizon's Message+ app (which on Verizon, not Verizon MVNOs)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 11:59 AM
  2. Options for new phone (for the wife) hopping from Fido to Telus
    By andsoitgoes in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 04:16 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 12:22 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 10:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks