Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: is there a good flip phone or dumbphone that can work with Tracfone/Verizon SIM card?

Feedback Score
    I was checking to see if free with plan Tracfones were included in the free shipping offer at the TF website and it said free orders aren't. I opened a chat window and asked the rep if free with plan phones are included in free shipping and they said all of their phones are included.

I've never bought any of the free with plan phones. Anyone here know for sure if they qualify for free shipping?

Sent from my Z353VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    They showed me free shipping when I experimented with the checkout process.

Also, the MyFlip showed non-smartphone cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    They showed me free shipping when I experimented with the checkout process.

Also, the MyFlip showed non-smartphone cards.
    Thanks, I guess I should have tried putting the phones in the cart to see.

I'm surprised the My Flip showed basic plan cards. Do they load on it as triple minutes or 60/60/60? No smartphone cards were offered for activation?

I guess I'll have to just find out...

Feedback Score
    The cart is still accepting 18OFF.

YMMV

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Interestingly I tried the free Z233. Only showed basic cards.

But the thread about the Z233 here said it was smartphone cards/3 buckets. And some posted activating and it tripling the basic card, just like the TMFL smartphones/BYOP.

So then I checked the new Z233 ($10) and MyFlip ($20). Both offered basic cards and unlimited plans. But not other smartphone plans.

My guess is that it's still like TMFL smartphones/BYOP, they just aren't showing all during purchase. And the free phone offers are further limited.

For comparison, I tried a new Moto E5 and it offered the $15 card and 3 unlimited plans, but not the other smartphone cards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Interestingly I tried the free Z233. Only showed basic cards.

But the thread about the Z233 here said it was smartphone cards/3 buckets. And some posted activating and it tripling the basic card, just like the TMFL smartphones/BYOP.

So then I checked the new Z233 ($10) and MyFlip ($20). Both offered basic cards and unlimited plans. But not other smartphone plans.

My guess is that it's still like TMFL smartphones/BYOP, they just aren't showing all during purchase. And the free phone offers are further limited.

For comparison, I tried a new Moto E5 and it offered the $15 card and 3 unlimited plans, but not the other smartphone cards.
    Thankyou Lisme & ST Dog for checking out the phones. The 18off would of course not apply to a free with plan phone (?) but should with the 9.99 ZTE flip or the 19.99 My Flip.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    As I recall, the 18OFF works with the free deals. Someone else has used it, and also it worked when I was experimenting today.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I looked at a MyFlip at Kroger and the illustration on the box showed Basic cards with no mention of tripling or TMFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Thanks, I guess I should have tried putting the phones in the cart to see.

I'm surprised the My Flip showed basic plan cards. Do they load on it as triple minutes or 60/60/60? No smartphone cards were offered for activation?

I guess I'll have to just find out...

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    As I recall, the 18OFF works with the free deals. Someone else has used it, and also it worked when I was experimenting today.
    I entered the 18off code in the cart and it was applied. Thanks for mentioning it

Feedback Score
    I entered a chat with a TF service rep and asked if 60 minute cards would do 60/60/60 or triple and he said they won't triple on either the My Flip or the ZTE z234VL flip. He said only if I transfer service from a TMFL phone or from a basic phone. That would tempt a person to activate a TMFL phone and then transfer to the flip! I have a GSM TMFL Alcatel Pixi Unite.

I'm not sure why they don't triple the buckets on flips, I think they do on smartphones?

When the flips were selected, both showed only basic plan cards, no smartphone plans. The rep said they can use smartphone plan cards, so wonder why they weren't an option.

Both flips come with VZ SIMs, though the My Flip is a DL and could take a GSM SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I looked at a MyFlip at Kroger and the illustration on the box showed Basic cards with no mention of tripling or TMFL.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I'm not sure why they don't triple the buckets on flips, I think they do on smartphones?

When the flips were selected, both showed only basic plan cards, no smartphone plans. The rep said they can use smartphone plan cards, so wonder why they weren't an option.
    Yes, the airtime offerings are goofball for the MyFlip on the TF website. Varies between the new one and the refurb. Using a Basic card on one would be foolish unless it was provisioned for TMFL.

No, TMFL is not offered on smartphones. Same deal that you have to transfer service from an active TFML phone.

Feedback Score
    When I added a 60 minute basic card to my Alcatel MyFlip it tripled, and I used a promo code for an additional 60 minutes. I got 240 minutes total.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Landngroove View Post
    When I added a 60 minute basic card to my Alcatel MyFlip it tripled, and I used a promo code for an additional 60 minutes. I got 240 minutes total.
    What SIM is in there and is that phone a refurb?

Feedback Score
    What SIM is in there and is that phone a refurb?
    Yes, maybe it depends on what type of activation, with a transfer from an existing account or the new SIM that came with the phone and a new number? Hmm.

I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet, just the payment accepted email, (ordered lastnight) but I'm eager to activate the phones I ordered and see what happens.

It's good to know at least some of the flips are getting tripled buckets.

My Cymbal T flip was a TMFL phone.

Feedback Score
    Figured I'd test the flip first and if i liked it, would add the year service (49.99) with whatever card serves my needs most. I really don't need that much talk time for the flip since it's just for going out where I rarely use smartphones.

I wish TF plans were more consistent about what is offered but maybe that's part of the appeal of TF, sort of like the Lotto. Could get more than expected now and then.

Anxious to get my flips so I can see how they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, the airtime offerings are goofball for the MyFlip on the TF website. Varies between the new one and the refurb. Using a Basic card on one would be foolish unless it was provisioned for TMFL.

No, TMFL is not offered on smartphones. Same deal that you have to transfer service from an active TFML phone.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast