Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Republican State Attorney General Jeff Landry supports the T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone XS Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Republican State Attorney General Jeff Landry supports the T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_attorney_general

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...le-sprint-deal

He is one of the 50 State Attorney Generals and he is a Republican who represent the state of Louisiana.

Louisiana State Attorney General Jeff Landry has joined the U.S. Department of Justice and five other states in the legal efforts to support the T-Mobile-Sprint merger. “Louisiana citizens living in rural communities deserve meaningful competition and reliable service,” Landry said. “I strongly support the proposed settlement and merger as the new T-Mobile will increase competition and prioritize rural expansion.”
    Last edited by trees12; 08-19-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    A
    Великая старая партия
    member supporting this?I'm totally shocked.
    Might wanna use something else than google translate because that's some garbage nothing burger Russian.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Might wanna use something else than google translate because that's some garbage nothing burger Russian.
    I haven't gotten to the actual content of his comment yet, I'm still thoroughly reading every link in his signature.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Finally some positive momentum at the state level.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Finally some positive momentum at the state level.
    .. but I don't think it's a fight that can be won at all based on how many attorneys general support each of the two sides.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think we also need to ask what Landry's financial/political motivation might be. There's some reason he's expending the State's resources to do this.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_attorney_general

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...le-sprint-deal

He is one of the 50 State Attorney Generals and he is a Republican who represent the state of Louisiana.

Louisiana State Attorney General Jeff Landry has joined the U.S. Department of Justice and five other states in the legal efforts to support the T-Mobile-Sprint merger. “Louisiana citizens living in rural communities deserve meaningful competition and reliable service,” Landry said. “I strongly support the proposed settlement and merger as the new T-Mobile will increase competition and prioritize rural expansion.”
    and............................? Who give 2 F---S what party eh belongs too. leave politics out. You're violating rules. get off your republicans good, Dems bad crap. bad enough you stalk me with PMs with that stuff

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I think we also need to ask what Landry's financial/political motivation might be. There's some reason he's expending the State's resources to do this.
    Good point.... I think it goes outside of the job description for the state A's G.....regardless of their party.

The constitutional role of the Louisiana attorney general is pretty similar to that of the ones found in the other states. It's a real stretch to say the state's attorney general should be involved in anything like the T-Mobile and Sprint matter:

"1) to institute, prosecute, or intervene in any civil action or proceeding;
    (2) upon the written request of a district attorney, to advise and assist in the prosecution of any criminal case; and
    (3) for cause, when authorized by the court which would have original jurisdiction and subject to judicial review, (a) to institute, prosecute, or intervene in any criminal action or proceeding, or (b) to supersede any attorney representing the state in any civil or criminal action."

-------

if you think it's good that one party's attorneys general get involved with this and bad that the other parties attorneys general get involved with this, all you are proving is your own pure blind partisanship.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    and............................? Who give 2 F---S what party eh belongs too. leave politics out. You're violating rules. get off your republicans good, Dems bad crap. bad enough you stalk me with PMs with that stuff
    Exactly.

I am against all of these mergers. It lessens competition and increases prices. With mostly poorer customer service.

I use the Mobil Exxon merger which basically brought back the Standard Oil that was broken up much earlier.

And the AT&T merger with Directv. Awful customer service with higher prices with AT&T.

Others may disagree. Bless them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    And God bless your heart, Unit.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
    Exactly.

I am against all of these mergers. It lessens competition and increases prices. With mostly poorer customer service.

I use the Mobil Exxon merger which basically brought back the Standard Oil that was broken up much earlier.

And the AT&T merger with Directv. Awful customer service with higher prices with AT&T.

Others may disagree. Bless them.
    Exactly. When I hear the word merger it only means one thing - Customers will suffer and the fat suits will get richer and more importantly consolidate the industry.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    "fat suits will get richer"

I don't care what others have in their wallets. It's not my business. I just want better service.

I don't think Legere is that fat, either.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post

I don't care what others have in their wallets. It's not my business. I just want better service.
    I don't care what others make either. Unless it directly comes out of MY wallet !

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wildhope View Post
    Exactly. When I hear the word merger it only means one thing - Customers will suffer and the fat suits will get richer and more importantly consolidate the industry.
    Consider a fable of the African savanna.

There are two big old lions, Mufasa types. One is red, and one is blue. there is a younger lion that's not quite as strong but he's very brash and he is growing. He is magenta and he has a long mane.

There is also a sickly yellow zebra with a broken leg. It doesn't range very far and doesn't get terribly far from the watering holes. It can't move very fast. Its days are surely numbered.

The magenta lion wants to eat the sickly zebra, add the protein from its prey will make it grow stronger. It will give the zebra a quick and relatively painless death.

Otherwise the zebra will be harassed and eventually picked apart by the hyenas of bankruptcy.

Will the magenta lion eating the sick zebra with the broken leg result in 'consolidation of the African plain?" Perhaps, but not by much.

The T-Mobile and Sprint merger means no worries. Hakuna matata.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast