Thread: Prepaid in CT? Pageplus vs.... US Mobile etc?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Prepaid in CT? Pageplus vs.... US Mobile etc?

I've used Pageplus for years now and fairly satisfied- not so much anymore. Coverage seems to be much worse than before- I don't get great coverage even in my home anymore. Is there a better prepaid choice for CT? Verizon was always best around here, considering US Mobile - any advice on that or other providers?

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The CT Siting Council has 2 lists of towers by town and carrier. Google the council and then click on Telecommunications Database.

Think US Mobile has TMo and Verizon.

You may want to try pay as you go sims on different networks and just walk away if the carrier or reseller doesn't suit your needs. If good you can switch to a monthly prepaid plan.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are you using an LTE device, or an older 3G device? They are really limiting the 3G/1X these days, so you'll want a LTE device if you're going to stay on PagePlus.

They sell a prepaid flip for $20 if you are using a very basic (non-smart) phone.

If you're using a smartphone, is it a model that was sold by Verizon or a universal model, or is it different carrier branded device? That makes a difference as you'll want as many bands from whatever carrier network you're on...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think you're right about pageplus, a friend in Cape cod used to get very good service with her Verizon branded phone. About 4 years ago the service started to degrade, now her phone is almost useless at her house. The last time I was up there with my phone on Verizon's network through straight talk I had to sit in her backyard to use my phone. This was 2 years ago. My husband is on pageplus also we live very rural in North fl, Verizon used to be the only cell provider that worked out here. I recently switched to an att mvno my phone will work when his doesn't. Don't know what's going on with Verizon, it's not as reliable as it once was.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmama View Post
    I've used Pageplus for years now and fairly satisfied- not so much anymore. Coverage seems to be much worse than before- I don't get great coverage even in my home anymore. Is there a better prepaid choice for CT? Verizon was always best around here, considering US Mobile - any advice on that or other providers?
    Your signal may be better with US Mobile depending on their coverage (if T-Mobile) in your area but it's also likely the decommissioning of 3G/CDMA on Verizon. I know Verizon has pushed their date out another year but in my rural area after decades of great Verizon (PagePlus) signal about 8 months ago it started getting crazy and dropping calls on my 3G/CDMA phones. I switched to 4G/LTE VoLTE phones (still on Page Plus/Verizon) and problem solved. I know Verizon has now pushed the total CDMA phase out another year but where they already cut back won't change and they will continue choking off CDMA and wean people off it over the next year. And like what happened when ATT phased out 2G, if something 2G broke it stayed broke.
    What phone are you using? Time to maybe upgrade anyway.