Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    It's confirmed on reddit. Anyone noticed?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    It seems T-Mobile customers are wondering as well. https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...y-with-Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max/Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    SF Bay Area here, no VoLTE as far as I know. VZ->T-MOBILE call quality still sounds bad.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    SF Bay Area here, no VoLTE as far as I know. VZ->T-MOBILE call quality still sounds bad.
    I think you meant to say "no HD Voice". VoLTE simply means the call is taking place while connected to an LTE signal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscustomer View Post
    Agreed. I’m sorry but it’s almost June and frankly I can’t talk to people on T-Mobile. I just can’t understand what they’re saying. It’s nearly as bad as a landline.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Agreed. I’m sorry but it’s almost June and frankly I can’t talk to people on T-Mobile. I just can’t understand what they’re saying. It’s nearly as bad as a landline.
    Agree 100%.

Even though T-Mobile has 20% coverage for 5G in the US, if the phone calls are so bad you don’t even want to talk to people on that network it’s irrelevant.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    Agree 100%.

Even though T-Mobile has 20% coverage for 5G in the US, if the phone calls are so bad you don’t even want to talk to people on that network it’s irrelevant.
    I mean, it's only my verizon line that sounds bad to T-Mobile users. I'm sure it's an issue with Verizon being obtuse, as my T-Mobile line has fine voice quality with AT&T, Sprint, USCC, and T-Mobile users, and in fact they use a higher bitrate VoLTE codec on their network than Verizon does, and T-Mobile to T-Mobile sounds better than anything my Verizon line has ever produced.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Granted anything other than HD voice lacks that "you are there" quality, but nothing really sounds "terrible" on my cheap Moto phone. (Red Pocket CDMA with VoLTE/HD Voice) Even talking to my mom on her Verizon flip phone routed through a Panasonic "Link to Cell" is not too bad. T-Mobile non HD Voice calls don't sound bad either.

Maybe it depends on the area???

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Granted anything other than HD voice lacks that "you are there" quality, but nothing really sounds "terrible" on my cheap Moto phone. (Red Pocket CDMA with VoLTE/HD Voice) Even talking to my mom on her Verizon flip phone routed through a Panasonic "Link to Cell" is not too bad. T-Mobile non HD Voice calls don't sound bad either.

Maybe it depends on the area???
    I fly all over the country for work, and my verizon line is by far the "lowest" bitrate of all the carriers.. certainly better than CDMA, but definitely not as HQ as AT&T and T-Mobile for me.

I rarely use my Verizon line anymore though as the LTE is trash a lot of times when i'm around airports, and unlike AT&T they throttle my offline caching of media when i'm sitting at a gate with bad WiFi

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Still getting AMR 12.2 between my AT&T and T-Mobile lines.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Still getting AMR 12.2 between my AT&T and T-Mobile lines.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I've been getting AMR-WB between post paid T and pre paid and post paid thus and metro, with the confirmed number checkmark. Verizon to T has been amr-wb for a long time here in NYC area. T to T is now EVS 13.2 as long as the handset supports it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    ... and in fact they use a higher bitrate VoLTE codec on their network than Verizon does,
    You sure about that because Reddit users have pointed out T-Mobile dropped their bitrate to the same as what Verizon and AT&T uses. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...l_wificalling/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...omment/e1wfmir
    Last edited by DebiLee; 05-26-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    You sure about that because Reddit users have pointed out T-Mobile dropped their bitrate to the same as what Verizon and AT&T uses. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...l_wificalling/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...omment/e1wfmir
    All I know is that T-Mobile sounds light years better than verizon-verizon for me, even in the same phone as i use eSIM/Dual SIM

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

All I know is that T-Mobile sounds light years better than verizon-verizon for me, even in the same phone as i use eSIM/Dual SIM
    Weird. I haven’t had a single complaint about Verizon voice quality ever since they started using VoLTE and I was able to get off their god awful CDMA network which was atrocious for voice quality. It often sounded like the other person had a pillow over their face when on CDMA calls!

But seriously, I have no complaints whatsoever these days. Doesn’t matter if I’m talking to another Verizon customer, a T-mobile user, AT&T or landline. They all sound fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I mean, it's only my verizon line that sounds bad to T-Mobile users. I'm sure it's an issue with Verizon being obtuse, as my T-Mobile line has fine voice quality with AT&T, Sprint, USCC, and T-Mobile users, and in fact they use a higher bitrate VoLTE codec on their network than Verizon does, and T-Mobile to T-Mobile sounds better than anything my Verizon line has ever produced.
    My dad had the same complaint to me about the call quality coming from my Verizon line to his MetroPCS phone. He sounded fine to me, but I sounded worse than a call to an AT&T landline. He has since switched to a different network and no problems with the call quality. I have an uncle and brother on Metro and I've had no problems with them.

I've only had cross carrier HD calling with AT&T; no problems thus far. Calls are worse than trash when he is not on the HD calling (network can be iffy in some rural parts of TX).

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon uses EVS SWB 13.2Kbps codec. Tmobile uses the same bitrate. I had no problems with Verizon-Verizon. Maybe it's your phone.
    Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast