Thread: Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    I had no problems with Verizon-Verizon. Maybe it's your phone
    Or maybe the other persons phone. . . . Other than a bit of compression Verizon-Verizon sounds fine to me. I will say that HD Voice calls from AT&T to Verizon sound a bit less compressed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Verizon uses EVS SWB 13.2Kbps codec. Tmobile uses the same bitrate. I had no problems with Verizon-Verizon. Maybe it's your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app
    I have a Note 9, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.. i doubt it's my device.. it's definitely The Network

Do not get me wrong.. VoLTE is definitely better than CDMA, but verizon being such trash for congestion.. that's usually when I have voice issues.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, voice calls are prioritized over data so congestion wouldn't affect it. Seems not any people are experiencing the same issues as you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I have a Note 9, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.. i doubt it's my device.. it's definitely The Network

Do not get me wrong.. VoLTE is definitely better than CDMA, but verizon being such trash for congestion.. that's usually when I have voice issues.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed voice calls on EVS (VZ-VZ) are kinda muffled sounding. They definitely aren't the highest quality I've heard.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, voice calls are prioritized over data so congestion wouldn't affect it. Seems not any people are experiencing the same issues as you are.

It's just like verizon CDMA.. and everyone I know who swore it sounded fine to them. They just get used to it I suppose. When having multiple carriers to use, I do hear a difference.

If i'm just using Verizon for a few days, I *also* get used to it.. but as soon as i'm back on AT&T or T-Mobile the difference becomes apparent

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am guessing Verizon Wireless has lowered the voice quality of their HD/VOLTE calls to reduce/prevent congestion on their LTE Network. I am hopping Verizon Wireless will spend some serious money on the upcoming spectrum auctions so they can reduce some of the congestion on their network.

Feedback Score
    I dunno I think we’re getting off topic.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Or maybe the other persons phone. . . . Other than a bit of compression Verizon-Verizon sounds fine to me. I will say that HD Voice calls from AT&T to Verizon sound a bit less compressed.
    I’ve been on calls with people on Verizon with my AT&T phone, and the calls sounded crystal clear. Now 1x voice was pure crap. I always hated talking to people that were on Verizon, it sounded like they were underwater and severely muffled.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Notta in Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Any updates? Tried calling a friend on T-Mobile in NYC and the audio quality still stunk and neither of us were getting HD Voice quality.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Any updates? Tried calling a friend on T-Mobile in NYC and the audio quality still stunk and neither of us were getting HD Voice quality.
    Nope, still not working between Verizon and T-Mobile. I'm trying out T-Mobile for 30 days and the HD does not work when I call my Verizon phone.

Sadly on the second day of T-Mobile have dropped two calls already. I haven't even really gotten into the boonies yet. . . . . .

. . . . Update, just tried calling my bosses Sprint phone from the T-Mobile line & no HD Voice either.

OTOH, I have noticed that HD Voice works on voicemail between T-Mobile lines. Don't think I have ever seen that on Verizon.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by Digital Rules; 07-13-2020 at 11:19 AM. Reason: New info on Sprint

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Nope, still not working between Verizon and T-Mobile. I'm trying out T-Mobile for 30 days and the HD does not work when I call my Verizon phone.

Sadly on the second day of T-Mobile have dropped two calls already. I haven't even really gotten into the boonies yet. . . . . .

. . . . Update, just tried calling my bosses Sprint phone from the T-Mobile line & no HD Voice either.

OTOH, I have noticed that HD Voice works on voicemail between T-Mobile lines. Don't think I have ever seen that on Verizon.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    For dropped calls, are you using a phone that has Band 12 AND 71?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yep & I am actually seeing band 71 in that area. Granted it is in a National Battlefield park area so NIMBY's are part of the tower shortage issue there. T-Mobile has been expanding like crazy around here in the last few years with quite a few new sites. I am very pleased overall with T-Mobile otherwise so far. Data is fast & VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling work right out of the box.

T-Mobile has a site right across from the street from work & band 66/4 work all the way at the bottom of our parking garage (3 floors down)

Feedback Score
    I did have success talking to a friend who has Sprint, so at least there’s that. Perhaps T-Mobile is waiting to be fully integrated with Sprint before they get their own interconnects working? Worse case T-Mobile breaks the interconnects between Sprint and Verizon due to incompetence, or passive aggression in the name of “parity”.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Same, still on narrow band.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast