Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post

Verizon will not do this with AT&T as they essentially charge the same bloated rate - they have much less of a chance losing a customer to AT&T than T-Mobile.
    That'd be me, haha. Technically I ported out to T-Mobile first to try it, but then ported to / opened an AT&T business account a handful of days ago to give it a fair shake after several years. So far so good and HD voice is back w/ my Verizon folks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlp2979 View Post
    That'd be me, haha. Technically I ported out to T-Mobile first to try it, but then ported to / opened an AT&T business account a handful of days ago to give it a fair shake after several years. So far so good and HD voice is back w/ my Verizon folks.
    Also gave it fair shake awhile back, if you speak on the phone a lot HD Voice interoperability is critical. Sounds so muffled without it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlp2979 View Post
    I dual-SIM AT&T and T-Mobile and do not regret leaving Verizon one bit.

I was already used too telling Verizon users to only FaceTime Audio me anyway thanks to 3G CDMA calls sounding horrible and most everyone I knew at the time on iPhone 4/5/5s still - so for me it's no big deal.

I expect bad audio from verizon anyway thanks to how long they held onto CDMA. Sprint until much more recently as well also, because of CDMA. There are just certain people in my phone I will tell to call me via FaceTime Audio instead of a "regular" phone call.

AT&T has been pretty solid, but I really like T-Mobile so I've kept an account there for 15yrs now, even when it's not primary.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Feedback Score

Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I dual-SIM AT&T and T-Mobile and do not regret leaving Verizon one bit.

I was already used too telling Verizon users to only FaceTime Audio me anyway thanks to 3G CDMA calls sounding horrible and most everyone I knew at the time on iPhone 4/5/5s still - so for me it's no big deal.

I expect bad audio from verizon anyway thanks to how long they held onto CDMA. Sprint until much more recently as well also, because of CDMA. There are just certain people in my phone I will tell to call me via FaceTime Audio instead of a "regular" phone call.

AT&T has been pretty solid, but I really like T-Mobile so I've kept an account there for 15yrs now, even when it's not primary.
    That’s kind of how I’m getting. I like att and really really like T-Mobile probably the best if I had to choose. The Verizon prepaid pricing is tempting but I see a lot of people having network issues with Verizon so it doesn’t seem worth it to deal with them

I couldn’t use Verizon data last night so I ended up giving my Verizon prepaid line and phone to my cousin as their first cell phone

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    That’s kind of how I’m getting. I like att and really really like T-Mobile probably the best if I had to choose. The Verizon prepaid pricing is tempting but I see a lot of people having network issues with Verizon so it doesn’t seem worth it to deal with them

I couldn’t use Verizon data last night so I ended up giving my Verizon prepaid line and phone to my cousin as their first cell phone

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    The problem with Verizon Wireless is they are spectrum starved and that shows especially when you are on their prepaid or on a MVNO provider that uses their network. I see Verizon Wireless going all out on the upcoming C Band Spectrum with them desperately needing spectrum especially for nationwide 5G service and that should help relief the congestion on their network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    The problem with Verizon Wireless is they are spectrum starved and that shows especially when you are on their prepaid or on a MVNO provider that uses their network. I see Verizon Wireless going all out on the upcoming C Band Spectrum with them desperately needing spectrum especially for nationwide 5G service and that should help relief the congestion on their network.
    regardless, they've screwed themselves bigtime. I still have a postpaid plan on Verizon that is not depri, but my significant other just uses it (not much actual data use, just calls/text)... I cannot be bothered with it as i use mostly data.

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Also doesn't help that spectrum and xfinity mobile are using resources from them. If Hans was ceo back then, he would probably buy more aws-3 and possibly win the firstnet contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru30 View Post
    Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Also doesn't help that spectrum and xfinity mobile are using resources from them. If Hans was ceo back then, he would probably buy more aws-3 and possibly win the firstnet contract.

Sent from my Galaxy S10+ using HoFo mobile app
    The only reason why Charter Communication's and Comcast have access to their network is due to them giving Verizon Wireless their spectrum in exchange for access to their network. So I assume the only reason why Verizon agreed to it was they needed wireless spectrum and did not believe that cable companies would ever ask for access to their network. I agree Verizon should have bought more aws 3 and put in a more aggressive bid to acquire the first net contract so they could also gain more wireless spectrum.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I had T-Mobile Post paid for about 8 months, and it actually worked pretty well for me in Oklahoma (major highways). I had another backup line with limited minutes for a backup on another carrier in case I go on road trips again if necessary. But I did that when I was on ATT anyway.

I'm only off T-Mobile now since with Corona I wanted to reduce my monthly expenses, and my ATT service on a MVNO is significantly less/month, though I am now limited to 5GB/month of data. Something I now have to watch out on.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile to T-Mobile sounds super clear. When to verizon it sounds very muffled att is a little better. Sprint sounds good.

Feedback Score
    Well we certainly got off topic didn’t we? This thread is about HD Voice interoperability not whether or not Verizon is spectrum starved.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Well we certainly got off topic didn’t we? This thread is about HD Voice interoperability not whether or not Verizon is spectrum starved.
    Nope.. it's exactly the point. verizon no longer has a network edge here shortly.. so they're simply being obtuse with t-mobile on VoLTE.. simple as that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5