Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto G6 with promotional minutes for $130 at HSN

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Moto G6 with promotional minutes for $130 at HSN

Don't know how long this sale will last as this is the lowest price I have seen for Tracfone Moto G6 with promotional 1500 M/T/D, and one year service.

Figuring $50 for 1 year promotionasl service, the cost of the phone would only be $80. That is pretty good price considering BestBuy sell the unlock G6 version for $200.

https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...es-tex/9231868

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The airtime package retails for $125, so the phone is almost free. Nice it has a cover to protect the glass back.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_D View Post
    Don't know how long this sale will last as this is the lowest price I have seen for Tracfone Moto G6 with promotional 1500 M/T/D, and one year service.

Figuring $50 for 1 year promotionasl service, the cost of the phone would only be $80. That is pretty good price considering BestBuy sell the unlock G6 version for $200.

https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...es-tex/9231868
    Yes, this is a good price! . . . When I bought my Moto G6 on Black Friday 2018, the package was $170, which was the best deal at that time.

But, if you're thinking about getting this phone in order to have it unlocked in 12 months, think again. There are scattered posts now surfacing which report that TracFone will not unlock the Moto 6 which was purchased through one of these promotional deals until the phone has been used on TracFone for 2 years. That is, the first year that you use it is counted as a "promotional" year, and it is only the second year which is counted as a "paid" year in order to have it unlocked.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    But, if you're thinking about getting this phone in order to have it unlocked in 12 months, think again. There are scattered posts now surfacing which report that TracFone will not unlock the Moto 6 which was purchased through one of these promotional deals until the phone has been used on TracFone for 2 years
    Don't spread false information. I had unlocked two TracFone LG Rebel 2's that I bought from HSN with the promotional deal after a year's use (13 months to be exactly).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Thanks loboheeler and ShadowyD

Quote Originally Posted by Rick880 View Post
    Don't spread false information. I had unlocked two TracFone LG Rebel 2's that I bought from HSN with the promotional deal after a year's use (13 months to be exactly).
    Be able to unlock this phone after 12 months might be a deal breaker for me since I frequently travel aboard to other countries, and could use their GSM sim card for this phone.

Did you activate any of your Rebels on GSM system?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No, the phones came with TF-Verizon SIMs so they were activated with the CDMA system. I believe TF requires the phone being active for 12 months with the same phone #. At least that is my interpretation of TF's unlock requirement. It is unclear if it has to be consecutive (uninterrupted) 12 months to be eligible. Some here said it didn't have to. Also it is a gray area if the period with a BYOP SIM would count because the device is technically not tied to the phone.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also it is a gray area if the period with a BYOP SIM would count because the device is technically not tied to the phone.
    I don't think the period when the phone is used with a BYOP SIM would count because TF keeps track of the pairing of the original SIM and the phone IMEI. Plus, it's not "kosher" in TF's view to use a BYOP SIM with a TF-branded phone.

Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No, the phones came with TF-Verizon SIMs so they were activated with the CDMA system. I believe TF requires the phone being active for 12 months with the same phone #. At least that is my interpretation of TF's unlock requirement. It is unclear if it has to be consecutive (uninterrupted) 12 months to be eligible. Some here said it didn't have to. Also it is a gray area if the period with a BYOP SIM would count because the device is technically not tied to the phone.
    I read somewhere that your year starts over if you change your phone number. I don't know how true that is.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    I read somewhere that your year starts over if you change your phone number. I don't know how true that is.
    Well, the Tracfone Unlocking Policy says "Customers must have had their locked device activated on TracFone service for no fewer than 12 months, redeemed air time cards in no fewer than 12 months, and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported". So I think changing your phone number (giving up your phone number and it gets recycled into the "pool") would fit that definition.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Amazon has the same phone for $110. Except their promo is 1000/2000/2gb. Service is only 60 days, though.

https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Moto...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I've stopped buying phones from HSN. With Amazon or B & H Photo, phones are here within 2 days, unlike HSN which could take 10 days.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    "and not have had their telephone number recycled or ported". So I think changing your phone number (giving up your phone number and it gets recycled into the "pool") would fit that definition.
    Might not apply if you just make a phone number change in the same account. Not the same as deactivating or porting the number.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Amazon has the same phone for $110. Except their promo is 1000/2000/2gb. Service is only 60 days, though.

https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Moto...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I've stopped buying phones from HSN. With Amazon or B & H Photo, phones are here within 2 days, unlike HSN which could take 10 days.

This package was available on Amazon and eBay for $79.99 from July 13th through the 22nd.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
    This package was available on Amazon and eBay for $79.99 from July 13th through the 22nd.
    But, it's $110 today. Chances are it will drop back down to $80 in the next couple of weeks. Their prices are cyclical.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    nice price, I remember reading that it apparently got the Pie update....oddly the budget galaxy j3 orbit/j7 crown have been reportedly getting Pie too, I don't have any of the devices myself to personally test though. I personally saw a Straight Talk branded j3 orbit for sale that had a pic of the about device info though that showed android 9 and one-ui 1.1 though

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSnake91 View Post
    nice price, I remember reading that it apparently got the Pie update....oddly the budget galaxy j3 orbit/j7 crown have been reportedly getting Pie too, I don't have any of the devices myself to personally test though. I personally saw a Straight Talk branded j3 orbit for sale that had a pic of the about device info though that showed android 9 and one-ui 1.1 though
    I know my J7 Crown S767VL got the Android Pie about a month or so ago. I will need to look back at my posts again.

I have heard the J3 Orbit S367VL got Android Pie too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast