Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How ATT prepaid works ?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    You can also apply these cards toward monthly plans. But, due to expiring, you probably wouldn't want to add $200 worth of $25 cards toward your account, since they would expire before you used them up.
    True but they were originally made for paygo before the monthly plans were created. I used them back when they had 10 cents a minute.

Feedback Score
    Since I asked the original question, here's how I understand it based on the replies. You add the card $ to your account, not directly to a plan purchase. You then have 90 days to use those $'s as you choose. Apply it with a separate transaction to a monthly plan, add on data, or whatever else ATT offers. As mentioned, just don't have more $ in your kitty then you can use up in 90 days. It appears some are thinking the cards are directly used to buy a plan like some actual plan cards you see for MVNOs. Am I wrong ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Since I asked the original question, here's how I understand it based on the replies. You add the card $ to your account, not directly to a plan purchase. You then have 90 days to use those $'s as you choose. Apply it with a separate transaction to a monthly plan, add on data, or whatever else ATT offers. As mentioned, just don't have more $ in your kitty then you can use up in 90 days. It appears some are thinking the cards are directly used to buy a plan like some actual plan cards you see for MVNOs. Am I wrong ?
    You are not wrong. These cards are pretty much a cash balance in your account to be used for any purpose. For example when it is time to renew cost of your current monthly plan will be deducted from it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2