Thread: Is there a more cost effective way to get onto the VZW network?

Feedback Score

Is there a more cost effective way to get onto the VZW network?

Hi there everyone!

My family has been using Cricket for the last couple of years but we simply can't deal with the lack of coverage in our area (Western NC) and we need to get back on the V netowork.

Years and years ago, we used Kitty wireless to do this but stopped using them to get onto 4G. It seems they no longer exist.

I've done some searching and looked at Puppy but it seems that the pricing isn't really as good as what we can get on Cricket(3 person discounts, autopay). So I thought I'd ask the pros.

We have three phones and we need 5gb monthly for two of the phones and 8-10 for one of the phones. What's the most cost effective way to get back on the VZW network? Would it be less expensive to take a day trip down to Atlanta to find a PagePlus store or would the pricing/plans be the same as what I can get on Puppywireless?

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks for your time!

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    There are lots of choices for service on Verizon. For most use cases, Visible and the TracFone brands, especially Total Wireless and Straight Talk are generally the cheapest, but their customer support tends to be weak. Boom Mobile and Selectel are a little more expensive but have better support. For a better answer post how many lines you need and how much data you use per month per line.
    See my list of 2019 Black Friday prepaid and unlocked phone deals at https://prepaidcompare.net/bf2019.html

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    what type of usage do you have there's Trac phone and boom mobile also page plus, And if you have spectrum service spectrum mobile would be the next choice if you dont need unlimited data.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You need to define what is cost effective for you. What are you paying now?

In average cost, this one is one of the most cost effective. 20$ per month for unlimited talk, text and 5gb on Verizon.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283471231068

What we don't have is a lot of Howard Forum users on this plan to draw on their experiences.

I am waiting for my Page Plus balance to deplete before making a move. I still have a couple of months.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Hi there everyone and thanks for all the help!

I should have been more clear. We will be bringing our own phones(pixel 3, 3a) and our needs are:

Voice: Very little. Nobody in our family likes to talk on them.
    Text: Very little. We use other networking technologies
    Data: 5 GB for two of the phones, 8-10 for the third.

As for comparing the cost to what we're paying now, we're paying $90 for the three phone plans (the cost is $40 for first phone, $30 for second and $20 for third phone). The plan is for 5GB of data with unlimited talk and text. I'd like to find a similar plan on the Verizon network if possible, online plan and payment would be nice as well.

Thanks again for your time!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Kitty went out of business several years ago. Kitty sold Puppy to Unified Signal, which many believe is on life support, so it may or may not be around long term.

What kind of phones do you have? You'll need new phones unless your current phones are already Vzw compatible.

Total Wireless might be worth considering, and you'll never have to worry about having enough data based on your described usage. A 3 line shared plan includes 60GB of LTE data and then unlimited throttled for $80.70 + taxes/fees on auto pay. So that's 20GB per phone for $26.90 each. This suggestion might not be the cheapest option for your described usage, but it is definitely a great value for the amount of LTE data included.

EDIT:
    I just saw your latest response. It looks like my suggestion would be cheaper than you're currently paying Cricket, and your phones are definitely compatible with Vzw, so it'd definitely check into Total Wireless.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Kitty went out of business several years ago. Kitty sold Puppy to Unified Signal, which many believe is on life support, so it may or may not be around long term.

What kind of phones do you have? You'll need new phones unless your current phones are already Vzw compatible.

Total Wireless might be worth considering, and you'll never have to worry about having enough data based on your described usage. A 3 line shared plan includes 60GB of LTE data and then unlimited throttled for $80.70 + taxes/fees on auto pay. So that's 20GB per phone for $26.90 each. This suggestion might not be the cheapest option for your described usage, but it is definitely a great value for the amount of LTE data included.

EDIT:
    I just saw your latest response. It looks like my suggestion would be cheaper than you're currently paying Cricket, and your phones are definitely compatible with Vzw, so it'd definitely check into Total Wireless.
    Itagree. At $80.70 Total Wireless is by far the best deal for the OP's needs. Page Plus would be $108, Verizon Prepaid $120, Visible $120, Selectel $130, Straight Talk $132 and Boom $139
    Last edited by Yeswap; 08-26-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    That Total Wireless plan looks great for anyone with 3 or more phones on a family plan needing high amount of data.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app