Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: iPhone and TracFone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    I don't think you'd like the downsize to a 4" screen from the 4.7" you have.

So the 6S would be a better fit. I grabbed a refurb recently from TW for $50. Not sure what deals TF has.
    I loved the 3GS a long time ago and it was 3.5". A 4" inch SE would be a bit weird coming from a 4.7" 6, which I also love, but I don't think it would be unbearable. I'll squeeze every drop of life out of my 6 until Apple releases another 4"-4.7" phone. It would be nice having something current and not having to worry about dropped support too soon.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    I disagree 32g Iphone is not enough. I have the 6s 32g, not on Tracfone yet. I've had it 2 years and still have 13.8g of space. That includes office 365, full TomTom maps, full Navigon maps and currently 665 photo's.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by praz108 View Post
    That's a bit weird that they need to move my account to a new sim themselves for it to work.
    So they don't have an easy (any?) way to manually enable VoLTE. It gets done at activation when the account us provisioned by Verizon. Changing SIMs in the system initiates that so it get configured correctly.

When you contact them it doesn't matter what SIM is in the phone, but I'd leave the old one so you can tell when it deactivates, then switch and reboot.

The rest us so if they want to verify the old SIM is not working. Other have had them try to call/text, and it shoots you down if they hear it working. Same with calling from the phone.

Why they can't/won't just enable it is anyone's guess. Other MVNOs have that ability (like Boom and Red Pocket). TF has lots of issues like this. We learn to work around them.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by praz108 View Post
    I'll squeeze every drop of life out of my 6 until Apple releases another 4"-4.7" phone. It would be nice having something current and not having to worry about dropped support too soon.
    Well the 6S is 4.7", but iOS 13 will be it's 5th major version, likely last.
    The 7 is 4.7", iOS 13 will be it's 4th major version. Likely 14 will be it's last
    The 8 is also 4.7", iOS 13 will be it's 3rd major version. Likely to get 14 and 15.

Doesn't look likely to see a smaller phone soon. All going with the X size screens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Well the 6S is 4.7", but iOS 13 will be it's 5th major version, likely last.
    The 7 is 4.7", iOS 13 will be it's 4th major version. Likely 14 will be it's last
    The 8 is also 4.7", iOS 13 will be it's 3rd major version. Likely to get 14 and 15.

Doesn't look likely to see a smaller phone soon. All going with the X size screens.
    I agree(not that really matters ) But I think 4.7(or 5" for Androids) will become the SMALL size for phones for the foreseeable future.

With streaming on phones and tablets has become the norm, 4" is just too small to watch. And the 4" SE, while a really nice compromise, is more of a niche market, and probably not worth it too Apple to even produce one going forward.

People have jut gotten used to 4.7" iphone as being small.

For Apples future profits, producing a 4" SE iphone probably just is not worth it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersrule View Post
    I agree(not that really matters ) But I think 4.7(or 5" for Androids) will become the SMALL size for phones for the foreseeable future.
    That's if Apple does another 4.7" phone. I see no indication of a followup to the 8 that size.

All I see is the 5.8" from the X, even on the new 11.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersrule View Post

With streaming on phones and tablets has become the norm, 4" is just too small to watch. And the 4" SE, while a really nice compromise, is more of a niche market, and probably not worth it too Apple to even produce one going forward.

People have jut gotten used to 4.7" iphone as being small.

For Apples future profits, producing a 4" SE iphone probably just is not worth it.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/iphone-se-2

New SE2.

When I got the 6s I thought it was big, coming from the 5s. My Iphone 4 was the best size. I had the 4 on Pageplus until last year.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Did you read that article?

How about this one linked in it?
    https://www.techradar.com/news/the-i...c-2019-or-ever

Even if they do a SE2, it'll be bigger.
    But I don't think they will.

Of course the original SE surprised me too ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3