Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Verizon device under contract activated on Sprint

Hola ladies and gentlemen! I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955U for a friend of mine on Letgo so he could use it on Page Plus which is a Verizon MVNO. I checked the IMEI on IMEIinfo and check.esn.free and they both showed that the IMEI was clean so I bought it. However when he went to activate it, it showed that it was under contract with Verizon still so I messaged the seller and the ******* blocked me. Since it's unlocked I checked to see if I could activate it under my Sprint account and it activated just fine. Should I be fine with this device on Sprint or can it be deactivated because of it's status on Verizon? Also, will it allow me to roam on Verizon if need be? Thanks!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S, OG Pixel XL, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon), T-Mobile, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would imagine as long as the device isn’t reported as lost/stolen, the device should work on Sprint (or any non-Verizon) account indefinitely. The contract or financing would have to be fulfilled before it would work in a different Verizon account.

The seller blocking you from contact is not a good sign. I’d try to contact Verizon to determine if there is a way to prove you own the device now to avoid it being blacklisted. Doing LetGo is about as useful as Craigslist, since there isn’t much of a paper trail as with eBay or a legitimate storefront (physical or online)...
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    "....Should I be fine with this device on Sprint or can it be deactivated because of it's status on Verizon?...."

I don't think a definitive answer is correct. And I personally wouldn't contact VZW as they could give a **** if you paid for it. All VZW cares is if they're owed.
    Imo if you got too good a deal (I know subjective) then you already knew what could be up.
    Also I'd have a backup phone ready to go if that line is critical.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    if the phone gets blacklisted by vz while already active on the sprint account it will stay active however if the phone ever needs to be factory reset the phone wo t active again same goes if there's an number change, I asked my sister who works for vz

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    if the phone gets blacklisted by vz while already active on the sprint account it will stay active however if the phone ever needs to be factory reset the phone won't activate again same goes if there's an number change, I asked my sister who works for vz
    Very useful information thank you.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    if the phone gets blacklisted by vz while already active on the sprint account it will stay active however if the phone ever needs to be factory reset the phone wo t active again same goes if there's an number change, I asked my sister who works for vz

Thanks! Would I be able to roam on the Verizon network if need? For some reason when I try to make a call while roaming, the phone says mobile network not available. @Zapjb, I bought the phone for $200 which I thought was a good deal but not too good to be suspicious, the seller had sold another phone before and his reviews were excellent from other buyers for other items he has sold

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Thanks! Would I be able to roam on the Verizon network if need? For some reason when I try to make a call while roaming, the phone says mobile network not available. @Zapjb, I bought the phone for $200 which I thought was a good deal but not too good to be suspicious, the seller had sold another phone before and his reviews were excellent from other buyers for other items he has sold
    sorry but I am not sure on that but most likely no sinces it's on there network

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Calls while roaming works now