Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ported out of Page Plus recently? What is the account number and pin?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Has anyone ported out of Page Plus recently? What is the account number and pin?

Has anyone ported out of Page Plus recently? I've read that the account number is either your phone number or IMEI, and the pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number. Trying to confirm which it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    Has anyone ported out of Page Plus recently? I've read that the account number is either your phone number or IMEI, and the pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number. Trying to confirm which it is.
    Here's the thread where I think it was last discussed https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...onthly-account later in the thread. Let us know how you make out/find out about it.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was able to port out using IMEI and last 4 digits of phone number as the pin.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That must have been an old account from before they started using 1234 as the security pin for newly ported-in phone numbers.

When they changed the account number from the 10-digit phone number to the IMEI, all lines were affected.

But when they changed the default pin from the last four digits of the phone number to 1234, any previously activated lines that already had the last four digits of the phone number as the security pin were not affected. They only changed the default pin for new lines. They did not change any previously establisted security pins.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    I was able to port out using IMEI and last 4 digits of phone number as the pin.
    Still not convinced there is an assigned PIN number, other than using 4 digits. Last time I used a guessed at number that was likely not in their system, and they took it. It may now be assigned to the account though.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I just ported out if Page Plus to Red Pocket CDMA-V

The account number I used was my phone number, password I used was the web/online account management.

Port took about 2 minutes. Could not make a call or access the internet until I plugged the sim into my Umidigi phone and dialed 1 to select English as my language as prompted by the ivr system. Oddly enough, did not work on a Motorola G4 or Orbic Wonder. Could not detect that I was dialing a number.

Tried to activate first using meid from umidigi phone but as expected, it failed. Used the Orbic wonder instead.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I have an OG Droid X still on the PAYGo plan CDMA, which I apparently MUST port out of before end of 2020, as Verizon 3G is going away.

Since there's no SIM in this phone, I guess account # would be the phone # here as well, and the pin I think I created 5 (or more) yrs ago. This shouldn't have changed according to the info in this thread.

Sound right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alster View Post
    I have an OG Droid X still on the PAYGo plan CDMA, which I apparently MUST port out of before end of 2020, as Verizon 3G is going away.

Since there's no SIM in this phone, I guess account # would be the phone # here as well, and the pin I think I created 5 (or more) yrs ago. This shouldn't have changed according to the info in this thread.

Sound right?
    Last I've done anything the acct# was the phone number. If you remember the 4 digit pin you created go with that first.
    There's been mention of various things in various threads for the pins. Like anything, it probably depends on the CSR you chat with. Use chat not a call to confirm it.

The last I checked in August here's the chat:

Thank you for visiting Page Plus today. How may I help you?
    Me: Is the default passcode for a phone still the last 4 numbers of the phone number ?
    Jefferson: We no longer use that as a default pass code since 2016. It is necessary that our customers contact us to set up a personal four-digit pass code.
    Me: So with a new activation someone needs to call in to set one??
    Jefferson: That is correct.
    Jefferson: Our customers can also set up their pass code through chat.
    Me: So with a new activation wouldn't someone need the code to get service? How would you confirm the account?
    Jefferson: We would ask some security questions about the account, related to the payment they made. We will also send a text message to the phone with a code to ensure the person who is contacting us has the phone handy.

The key is the last thing the CSR Jefferson said in the chat. That happened to me on one of my old phones and I didn't remember a pin. Worked fine. I know keep my PIN for a phone under PagePlus in my contacts.

Come back and let us know. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    While 3g and cdma may or may not be going away in the near future, you should upgrade your account and phone to an LTE and volte capable phone. You won't be able to go to another Verizon mvno without a Verizon certified phone anyway. But once you successfully are on a volte service, you can move the sim to another phone that might not be Verizon certified/white listed.

You don't have to leave page plus if you don't want to. But you may want to because other service providers have them beat as far as plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    While 3g and cdma may or may not be going away in the near future, you should upgrade your account and phone to an LTE and volte capable phone. You won't be able to go to another Verizon mvno without a Verizon certified phone anyway. But once you successfully are on a volte service, you can move the sim to another phone that might not be Verizon certified/white listed.

You don't have to leave page plus if you don't want to. But you may want to because other service providers have them beat as far as plans.

Unfortunately, the airtime is physically tied to the phone, since it has no SIM. They used to use the ESN of the phone.

So, I have to use up the airtime, then "move" the number to an LTE phone with a SIM if I want to stay w PP..

Perhaps I will do that, but I'm not sure, I may just port the number to voip.ms or call centric to park it when the time comes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you have a big balance, You should switch to lte on Page Plus and use up your balance. You might need a new phone though.

You can have paygo on lte phone(for just text and voice) but I wouldn't recommend having data turned on because it will use it up quickly.

I had paygo on Page plus with a large balance accumulated over many years. When I switched to lte, the balance multiplied to over 500$ I think because of some weird error on their part. After that, I switched to monthly to use up the balance.

One thing to note is that even if you have a big balance and are on a monthly plan, Page Plus will deplete the cash balance first before applying any monthly pins. So I thought about signing up for monthly refills to save $2(27 vs 29.95 but it did not work that way. So I just let my balance naturally deplete over the course of 10 months.

Last edited by ShredFred; 12-10-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, the airtime is physically tied to the phone, since it has no SIM. They used to use the ESN of the phone.

So, I have to use up the airtime, then "move" the number to an LTE phone with a SIM if I want to stay w PP..

Perhaps I will do that, but I'm not sure, I may just port the number to voip.ms or call centric to park it when the time comes.
    I moved my number with balance from a old 3G (no SIM) to a new LTE SIM phone no problem.

Feedback Score
    Really? That is interesting.

A couple years ago, I'd asked PP cust svc if I could do just that and they said "no".

Must've changed somewhere along the line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    ... I had paygo on Page plus with a large balance accumulated over many years. When I switched to lte, the balance multiplied to over 500$ I think because of some weird error on their part. After that, I switched to monthly to use up the balance.
    ... HoFo mobile app
    Wow, that's crazy. I have over $100 now, from putting $10 every 3 months.

Doesn't seem to be a cheaper way to have a working backup mobile.

Feedback Score
    Really? That is interesting.

A couple years ago, I'd asked PP cust svc if I could do just that and they said "no".

Must've changed somewhere along the line.
    I think it boils down to the cust svc lottery. Sometimes you find one that knows what they're doing. Even had one that knew how to "transfer" numbers and balances "between" a 3G (no sim) and a 4G (with sim) after other reps told me can't be done. Took awhile on chat but he knew what he was doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast