Thread: Can't get G7 Power working on Red Pocket VZW

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Can't get G7 Power working on Red Pocket VZW

I've been trying to get RP to get my G7 Power (Android 9) to work on Verizon for a couple weeks ago, but so far they don't know why it won't. I get a message that the call can't be completed because there are restrictions on the line. And probably unrelated, but before that message, I get a message to select my language, but the keypad won't work to select a number.

At first, I did have mobile data and texting, but now only texting works.

Also in the beginning, when I was on the phone (via landline) with RP, they switched something and asked me to make a call, and it worked. Not sure what they did, but they said it was just temporary and had to switch it back.?

The last thing they asked me to check was that HD voice was enabled, but I don't seem to have an option for it.

I only bought a month at first, just to see if it would work OK. Sad that I'm halfway through it. And before this problem, it took a couple weeks to get my number ported over to them, with me talking to them dozens of times and finally telling them how to do it. So been trying to get service with them for over a month now. Their customer service is really bad.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've had this EXACT problem activating two Motorola phones on Redpocket Verizon and I figured out how to fix it. You have to DISABLE VoLTE/HD Voice before making that first call, which asks you to select your language. After you have successfully made that first (activation) call you should go back and re-enable VoLTE/HD Voice. I hope this helps.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Make sure your apn settings are correct under Mobile networks. Your phone could be defaulting to an APN entry that is incorrect.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I tried to port from Cricket to RP/At&t about 8 months ago and couldn't get it to work on 3 different unlocked pbones. RP was cool enough to refund my money for the annual plan I purchased on Ebay.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MWink View Post
    I've had this EXACT problem activating two Motorola phones on Redpocket Verizon and I figured out how to fix it. You have to DISABLE VoLTE/HD Voice before making that first call, which asks you to select your language. After you have successfully made that first (activation) call you should go back and re-enable VoLTE/HD Voice. I hope this helps.
    That worked! Thank you! It's called "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" on mine. How in the hell did RP not know this? And the people I was talking to were working with the tech support people that supposedly handle this type of thing. Unreal.

Thanks a lot! Wish I could buy you a beer.