Thread: Netgear MR110/ Mobley Help

Feedback Score

Netgear MR110/ Mobley Help

Iím doing the Nighthawk CCU plan combo and Iíve ran into an issue. My data count has quit resetting at the beginning of the month. Right now it shows 120+ GB for 2-3 months on both the counter on the device and my bill. The last autopay worked correctly and it shows I have a $0 bill for the month. Iíve tried doing a factory reset on the Nighthawk multiple times. The last time it actually reset and starting sending a WiFi signal, but the screen showed that it wasnít set up at all.

I did a chat convo with an AT&T rep and they said that the ďIMEII needed to be updatedĒ. The account shows that a Nighthawk is being used and not the Mobley. Iíve got a lot of question...

Which IMEI are they wanting? Will they cut my service eventually if I just leave it be and let the ďusageĒ go up? Do I need to put the sim back in the Mobley and let their network reset or something?

Any help would be appreciated. I really donít want to lose this plan and Iíd even put it back in the goofy Mobley for permanent if needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc123 View Post
    Iím doing the Nighthawk CCU plan combo and Iíve ran into an issue. My data count has quit resetting at the beginning of the month. Right now it shows 120+ GB for 2-3 months on both the counter on the device and my bill. The last autopay worked correctly and it shows I have a $0 bill for the month. Iíve tried doing a factory reset on the Nighthawk multiple times. The last time it actually reset and starting sending a WiFi signal, but the screen showed that it wasnít set up at all.

I did a chat convo with an AT&T rep and they said that the ďIMEII needed to be updatedĒ. The account shows that a Nighthawk is being used and not the Mobley. Iíve got a lot of question...

Which IMEI are they wanting? Will they cut my service eventually if I just leave it be and let the ďusageĒ go up? Do I need to put the sim back in the Mobley and let their network reset or something?

Any help would be appreciated. I really donít want to lose this plan and Iíd even put it back in the goofy Mobley for permanent if needed.
    If it works without the factory reset just use it like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    If it works without the factory reset just use it like that.

Itís showing the data and day count again. I guess it decided to set-up itself or something.

Feedback Score
    I really don’t want to lose this plan
    Then why are you involving an AT&T rep?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Then why are you involving an AT&T rep?
    I wasnít sure what else to do as I didnít have an account on here yet. I wasnít able to find a similar problem/solution online. I ended the chat with the rep when he asked for the IMEI number for the device. I told him I was at work and didnít have access to it.

Feedback Score
    I wasnít sure what else to do as I didnít have an account on here yet. I wasnít able to find a similar problem/solution online. I ended the chat with the rep when he asked for the IMEI number for the device. I told him I was at work and didnít have access to it.
    Just leave it alone if itís working.

Feedback Score

Which IMEI are they wanting? Will they cut my service eventually if I just leave it be and let the “usage” go up? Do I need to put the sim back in the Mobley and let their network reset or something?
    The accurate usage still shows on your monthly bill. They know how much you use each month. If the device display is inaccurate it doesn't mean anything because this is an unlimited plan.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    I’m doing the Nighthawk CCU plan combo and I’ve ran into an issue. My data count has quit resetting at the beginning of the month. Right now it shows 120+ GB for 2-3 months on both the counter on the device and my bill. The last autopay worked correctly and it shows I have a $0 bill for the month. I’ve tried doing a factory reset on the Nighthawk multiple times. The last time it actually reset and starting sending a WiFi signal, but the screen showed that it wasn’t set up at all.

I did a chat convo with an AT&T rep and they said that the “IMEII needed to be updated”. The account shows that a Nighthawk is being used and not the Mobley. I’ve got a lot of question...

Which IMEI are they wanting? Will they cut my service eventually if I just leave it be and let the “usage” go up? Do I need to put the sim back in the Mobley and let their network reset or something?

Any help would be appreciated. I really don’t want to lose this plan and I’d even put it back in the goofy Mobley for permanent if needed.
    its people like you who ruin things for others

you contacted AT&T because the device data count wasn't resetting?

really?!

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    It’s the cellular equivalent of Darwinism. If your bill remains constant and your data is unlimited, data count is irrelevant. If someday AT&T gets tired of this plan and eliminates it, then it’s been a good ride. Relax and enjoy.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Itís showing the data and day count again. I guess it decided to set-up itself or something.
    Sounds like you don't need to try putting the SIM back in the Mobley.

Beware, if you do put the SIM in the Mobley, the Mobley will set an unknown PIN on the SIM. The Mobley will work fine with the PIN, but you wouldn't be able to use the SIM in a different device.

There is a procedure to remove the unknown PIN.

If you have not done so already, get the PUK codes from AT&T customer service. I did mine by chat. The PUK code is what is needed to fix the Mobley unknown PIN.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I left it completely alone and just let it do itís thing and it finally reset the count. My bill is processing as usual also.

The only reason I brought this up is because I thought there might be some sort of ďexcessive usageĒ flag that might get tripped by a stupid computer. I realize itís supposed to be unlimited, but you never know what their system is going to do.

If it had just been counting up on the hotspot itself then Iíd never have jacked with it. It was showing way over in their system online as well.

I do have the PUK codes though in case of an emergency. I did manage to get those out of a rep before I ever bought the Nighthawk.