Thread: Which Verizon plan best for international roaming

Feedback Score

Which Verizon plan best for international roaming

guys - I'm in the market for a new verizon plan (coming from tmobile). I don't mind pre-paid or post-paid and budget is $100 for a single line and need at least 10gb data along with 2gb hotspot. I would like the option to add a $30-$40 international roaming for data

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Anybody has some thoughts on this?

Feedback Score
    the $40/month verizon prepaid has the travel pass option - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...qs/#compatible

Feedback Score
    I have fUDP Verizon plan in U.S. and Google Fi while traveling overseas. Google Fi is a lot cheaper than buying daily $10 travel pass since you only pay what you used and can suspend your Fi service when you don't need it and resume your service on the day of flying.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sam009 View Post
    guys - I'm in the market for a new verizon plan (coming from tmobile). I don't mind pre-paid or post-paid and budget is $100 for a single line and need at least 10gb data along with 2gb hotspot. I would like the option to add a $30-$40 international roaming for data

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Without saying anything about your international use it's impossible to make any useful suggestions.
    ---
    Cellular One (AT&T), Sprint, now Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    the $40/month verizon prepaid has the travel pass option - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...qs/#compatible
    FYI and a reminder - only 0.5Gb of data per day (24hr period). Additional data would be $5/0.5Gb.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    iv'e always bought prepaid sims across the pond

Device(s)
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Depends on your needs, etc. In the past, I did as several others suggested and bought prepaid SIMs overseas.

But these days, with elderly parents (late 80s), it’s very important to make it easy for me to keep in touch with them and keep it easy for them to call me at any time. Which means $10 a day is a bargain to keep my same phone number, etc. Being able to call and text the same as we do when I’m at home gives them and me more peace of mind.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    I did the same thing 2 1/2 years ago. Roamed with my Verizon plan so the number would remain the same in case my father needed to contact me.

Last fall no longer applicable so I got a local SIM.

I don't know what I'll do next time. I have an extra phone now, so I may just stick a SIM in that extra phone, and use Wi-Fi calling on my normal phone so I can be in touch with normal number, but still have local SIM for data/maps.

On the other hand, my possible next trip is likely to be shorter, so the extra fee wouldn't be as much.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zubrin View Post
    I have fUDP Verizon plan in U.S. and Google Fi while traveling overseas. Google Fi is a lot cheaper than buying daily $10 travel pass since you only pay what you used and can suspend your Fi service when you don't need it and resume your service on the day of flying.
    I just looked at the details on the Verizon day pass and you can do the same thing. Turn it off before the 24 hour period expires and it won't renew the following day.

Feedback Score
    With a foreign SIM you have more data allowance and a more reliable connection. You can use a US phone number while the foreign SIM is in the phone - get a number for free from Google Voice. Free US calls with the data plan or WiFi. You might need to use +1 in front of the numbers in your address book when dialing with a foreign SIM.